IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Tonight, I'm playing "Fight Fever" for the MVS. A fun title that many never played before and should get the recognition that it deserves. Developed in 1994, it was first and only Korean Neo Geo title ever officially released, as well as the first game developed and released by Korean publisher of SNK games, Viccom. A forgotten title that should be played by any fighting genre fan. The graphics was nicely done and controls are solid. The music is enjoyable and the replay value is high. Try this game, you'll like it!

The game is also known as "Wang Jung Wang" in S.Korea

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Back this morning on Neo-Geo repairs. This time, its about damaged memory cards! Usually they are into your collection just to have. But if you really want to give them new life, watch this video to help give them a purpose again!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Good to hear about all this crossed swords ii info. I hope I don't miss my chance for a cart order when they're sorted.

I managed to snag an ebay auction for a 1945 plus, which is probably a boot, but the price was really, really right. A few times I've been surprised by legit carts when I do this, but I'm not holding my breath. In any case, the game was pretty fun as I recall. I can't wait to give it a spin.

I have been easing myself into bullet-hell games on PC, which I had previously believed were well above my level. Now looking back at 1945 in the video below--it all seems just a bit easy. Like it takes a good long time before it starts putting up any kind of fight. Maybe it's a low difficulty level, but it looks like it takes the 4th level boss to finally put out some patterns that I tend to have issues with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv-sd9C4ne8

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

Good to hear about all this crossed swords ii info. I hope I don't miss my chance for a cart order when they're sorted.

I managed to snag an ebay auction for a 1945 plus, which is probably a boot, but the price was really, really right. A few times I've been surprised by legit carts when I do this, but I'm not holding my breath. In any case, the game was pretty fun as I recall. I can't wait to give it a spin.

I have been easing myself into bullet-hell games on PC, which I had previously believed were well above my level. Now looking back at 1945 in the video below--it all seems just a bit easy. Like it takes a good long time before it starts putting up any kind of fight. Maybe it's a low difficulty level, but it looks like it takes the 4th level boss to finally put out some patterns that I tend to have issues with.

Nice pick up Reaper. Glad you got the game at a good price. As for Crossed Swords II, I hope they do an AES release as well. Most of the talk is about the MVS version as of late!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Tonight, I'm playing "Fight Fever" for the MVS. A fun title that many never played before and should get the recognition that it deserves. Developed in 1994, it was first and only Korean Neo Geo title ever officially released, as well as the first game developed and released by Korean publisher of SNK games, Viccom. A forgotten title that should be played by any fighting genre fan. The graphics was nicely done and controls are solid. The music is enjoyable and the replay value is high. Try this game, you'll like it!

The game is also known as "Wang Jung Wang" in S.Korea

Anthony...

I hope the winnner of The Eye of Typhoon (rare 3DO sequel of Fight Fever) on ebay will dump rom and someone port the game on Neo Geo

• Like 1

Hello all,

Just picked up the latest issue of "Retro Gamer" and in it they mention that there is a new hardware upgrade for the Neo Geo Gold X (the current Neo Geo system).

Does this upgrade allow for unlimited credits? Thanks.

Hi,

You can do it yourself by jail-breaking the unit and giving your games unlimited credits. I have a video on this tread that shows how to do it and supports the Unibios!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

For those who have Gunlord, here is the code that can skip to other stages "Razoola" from neo-geo.com presented it to us!

"In a world exclusive premier....

You get to see it here first in the neo-geo.com forums. THE GUNLORD LEVEL SKIP CHEAT CODE!

Pause the game and do the following;

Down, Down, Up, Up, Right, Left, Right, Left, Button C, Button D."

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This morning, I'm playing, "Andro Dunos" for the NGCD. A fun title that was introduced in 1992 by Visco. Getting a Japanese AES copy is on my want list but its really a top dollar find on Ebay! The game feels more like a Genesis title and the game is not as impressive in regards to graphics for the power of the Neo-Geo. But its a good title and its should be on your play list!

Anthony...

Isn't it amazing!!! A great step for the Neo-Geo CMVS community. Glad many others are interested in this!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Back again showing Neo-Geo maintenance and repair videos.This time, were back with "GadgetUK164" showing us another excellent video. This time, its repairing "SNK Neo Geo MVS Multicart Sound (& Stability)" on several versions.

More from the description section,

"A long video covering the mods required to get PCM sound working properly on many of these cheap MVS multicarts. I've covered some old ground here from the previous video on the 138 in 1 cart, in order that it's all in one place. The latest additional bypass caps fix the PCM issues I have been experiencing since I first noticed a problem with NAM-1975 back in November 2013.

I have applied the fixes to 120 in 1, 138 in 1, and 161 in 1. This has completely fixed any sound issues I was experiencing on many games - some I didn't even know were a problem due to how minor the glitches were. Some of the games affected the most were:- Pulstar (on 161 in 1, and 120 in 1), Metal Slug, Blazing Star, Rage Dragons, Strikers 1945+, Neo Turf Masters, KoF (several), and many many others where glitches were very minor."

"Tested on 5 different multicarts and all 5 are perfect now. I am amazed at how good these carts sound after doing the mods."

138 in 1 and 120 in 1 pics:-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nx0fhk0eimacrpi/multicartfix.zip?dl=0

161 in 1 pics:-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kdf1bd2fqow6xkv/161%20in%201.jpg?dl=0

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Back again showing an awesome video called "The Neo-Geo Online Collection" for the PS2. The box set is a collection of classic Neo-Geo titles that was re-released by SNK/P for the Playstation 2. In Japan, you were able to play online against other players or join in a co-op. 2 player mode! A great collectors item from SNK/P and for the PS2. I recommend purchasing this for your collection. It came in a vol. 1 & 2.

Anthony...