IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

I'm kind of curious if there would be one. I think it would kind of depend solely on how much of a transfer rate the SNK hardware can take. The NGPC kit is saddled with 30sec(512kb) to 4min(4MB) waits because of how the system handles cartridge data and transfers it. If the big brother to it is wired in a similar way those long pauses are going to be about it other than shaving seconds off with a better speed memory card. At least with the NGP kit you get 15M to work with so you can throw multiple games on there while the NeoSD if I remember right is a one shot.

And matty I feel the same way. I have the kit, but I'd still like to own the setup I once had 15 years ago when I had it in the day as it was a long line of victims to unemployment. A lucky buy a few months ago on a lot got me almost every game I had in one shot other than select few and annoyingly 2 of them are just expensive ($100+ -- rockman and cotton) but match of the millennium I got for under 30 and biomotor unitron tops 50 complete. Baseball Stars I need too but oddly it doesn't come up much loose and I don't want to blow $40+ on a complete one.

Yeah totally man I get it, a-lot my mates that just don't get it, are like well "you got a flash cart for you Home Cart coming and one for the Pocket on the way as well so why waste your money buying the actual games" and try as I might they just don't get it! I can tell you understand, It just one of those things I still want more CD, all the HomeCart, all the Pocket carts. It breaks my heart when I think back just 5 years most CD games could be had for probably £30 or less, there was a couple of £100-120 but you could get most cheap, I sold MagicalDrop2 for £9 sealed! lol and back in the day (I'm old 34 :( showing my age now!) but Reversi on Pocket was about £100, most Pocket games where £10-15-20 tops! The flash carts are cool, very cool and handy, but won't stop me one bit searching eBay and the likes every evening! :) Im a 'physical copy" gamer too, Ive never downloaded or will download a game, I like boxes, flyers, manuals etc! Sad eh! lol

• Like 1

Given up on boxes and manuals the collectards have ruined that feeding the vicious cycle with the flippers (or worse on new market stuff to scalper scum.) Yes it was just a few years ago you could buy a lot of Nintendo, SNK, Sega etc stuff pretty cheap but maybe 7-8 years ago now the bubble began and refuses to pop since there seems to be a steady trail of suckers lining up to get licked. What was once the price for a complete game won't even get you near a loose one, people charging for each box, manual, poster, ad insert, even stupid plastic baggies or dust clips. But at the same time I can't go entirely digital, a good middle ground will suffice for the grubby priced stuff, but still leaving the door open for a cheap accidental pick up or stuff that idiots haven't abused yet. I have a Super Everdrive v2 with DSP1-4 coming soon hopefully by the end of next week (the dumb shit mailed it media mail, if the USPS opens it up I won't get it as it's a rule violation...or I'll end up going in to pay postage due which will really piss me off.) Seeing a $400 copy of Mega Man 7, a $250 copy of Super Turrican, and NES side a $315 priced Bubble Bobble 2 made the decision for me. Screw that.

Same reasoning with the NGPC duo I like plus the costs of Evolution and Faselei EU (english) on NGPC too.

• Like 2

Given up on boxes and manuals the collectards have ruined that feeding the vicious cycle with the flippers (or worse on new market stuff to scalper scum.) Yes it was just a few years ago you could buy a lot of Nintendo, SNK, Sega etc stuff pretty cheap but maybe 7-8 years ago now the bubble began and refuses to pop since there seems to be a steady trail of suckers lining up to get licked. What was once the price for a complete game won't even get you near a loose one, people charging for each box, manual, poster, ad insert, even stupid plastic baggies or dust clips. But at the same time I can't go entirely digital, a good middle ground will suffice for the grubby priced stuff, but still leaving the door open for a cheap accidental pick up or stuff that idiots haven't abused yet. I have a Super Everdrive v2 with DSP1-4 coming soon hopefully by the end of next week (the dumb shit mailed it media mail, if the USPS opens it up I won't get it as it's a rule violation...or I'll end up going in to pay postage due which will really piss me off.) Seeing a $400 copy of Mega Man 7, a $250 copy of Super Turrican, and NES side a $315 priced Bubble Bobble 2 made the decision for me. Screw that.

Same reasoning with the NGPC duo I like plus the costs of Evolution and Faselei EU (english) on NGPC too.

Agree with pretty much everything your saying. It has got silly now for sure, Im a massive beat um fan and what sticks in my mind is a Japanese copy of SvC for Neo cart it was like 350£ new at ng.com or there was a fair few on there for 180£, I ummd and rrd for aagges and stupidly, its the game I wanted more than any but never picked it up, ended up getting ill and spent a LONG time in hospital and recovering (4year) Christmas time just gone is when I got my Neo head back on and was blown away at what had happened in the scene! For a copy in the condition I want you don't get many hundreds left outta about 700-900! Scalpers have defiantly played a part in taking abitof fun outa collecting!

MJ

Looking good MJ. Everything is so neat and tidy bro. Glad you can post pics now with us. :thumbsup:

Anthony..

Its thanks to yours and Alberts patience! ;)

Also whats with the JoySticks under our Profile Pics?

MJ

Edited by mattyjjenkins
  • Like 1

Its thanks to yours and Alberts patience! ;)

Also whats with the JoySticks under our Profile Pics?

MJ

You're welcome bro. :thumbsup:

Oh that? Those are the number of postings that your made on the Atariage forums. The more you post, the more the joysticks that you accumulated from your postings. I have over 10,000+ to make me a Quadrunner. It's the highest achievement you receive.

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

i have a mega everdrive-sms everdrive-gg everdrive-sd2snes-n8 everdrive-everdrive 64 v2-gbax5 everdrive and gb everdrive-lynx sd-neo geo pocket sd-vecmulti-c4cpc-neosd mvs and aes-rhea-gdemu-psio-skunkboard rev3-harmony encore because off those stupid prices you have to pay for games now.

• Like 2

i have a mega everdrive-sms everdrive-gg everdrive-sd2snes-n8 everdrive-everdrive 64 v2-gbax5 everdrive and gb everdrive-lynx sd-neo geo pocket sd-vecmulti-c4cpc-neosd mvs and aes-rhea-gdemu-psio-skunkboard rev3-harmony encore because off those stupid prices you have to pay for games now.

Ain't it the truth fille. Nice list of stuff you have! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Anthony

Excellent. Glad its exactly what your looking for. :thumbsup: :)

By any chance MJ, what's your serial number on your AES, and CDZ units?

Anthony...

The Serial on the modded HomCart is 330530 and on the CDZ I use is 0026420, that CDZ I bought brand new sealed! Whys that?

Also Ant wanted to ask, Ive a "new, old stock" Last Blade 2, however it developed a sound error, now Ive cleaned everything with professional cartridge cleaner and Ive been told its the sound chip gone, now Im not techie when its comes to taking things apart and 'sorting' things like this, do you no of anybody that could fix it?

https://vimeo.com/home/myvideos

There a little video of it spannering out. (sorry bout the mess thought it was the Telly so tried it in the spare room)

MJ

• Like 1

The Serial on the modded HomCart is 330530 and on the CDZ I use is 0026420, that CDZ I bought brand new sealed! Whys that?

Also Ant wanted to ask, Ive a "new, old stock" Last Blade 2, however it developed a sound error, now Ive cleaned everything with professional cartridge cleaner and Ive been told its the sound chip gone, now Im not techie when its comes to taking things apart and 'sorting' things like this, do you no of anybody that could fix it?

https://vimeo.com/home/myvideos

There a little video of it spannering out. (sorry bout the mess thought it was the Telly so tried it in the spare room)

MJ

Interesting about the serial numbers MJ. Your AES is one of the later years of the Neo-Geo when they were about to discontinue them and the CDZ is a nice serial number from the early line up for the CDZ. Amazing you're the original owner of it. Great that you still have it after all these years. :thumbsup:

I would recommend talking to GadgetUK since he's the man to talk in regards to the sound chip concerns and being in the UK.. He might have a replacement chip for you to have MJ.. :)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Interesting about the serial numbers MJ. Your AES is one of the later years of the Neo-Geo when they were about to discontinue them and the CDZ is a nice serial number from the early line up for the CDZ. Amazing you're the original owner of it. Great that you still have it after all these years. :thumbsup:

I would recommend talking to GadgetUK since he's the man to talk in regards to the sound chip concerns and being in the UK.. He might have a replacement chip for you to have MJ.. :)

Anthony..

Ive another two HomeCart, ones broke, I bought it broke as a project just never got round to it and two CDZs one was pre-owned and yeah really lucked out with the second one totally brand new, had a funky little Japanese label sealing it I was just blown away, got a brand. The modded HomeCart I use your spot on it the later one as you know by this time too they'd removed the "pro stick" and they came boxed with the BeanStick. As you no Im a really big CD fan, the loading times don't bother me really, especially on the CDZ as well. The loading times stop you, well me from "game swiping" so much! lol takes so long to load you gotta play it for a bit!

And I'll reach out again to Gadget hopefully he can help?

You just a HomeCart person Ant?

MJ

MJ

• Like 1

...and was blown away at what had happened in the scene! For a copy in the condition I want you don't get many hundreds left outta about 700-900! Scalpers have defiantly played a part in taking abitof fun outa collecting!

Sounds about right, but it's splitting hairs but it's collectively collectors with more cash than sense and flippers, scalpers are the tools who buy up new on the market goods (event tickets, NES CE, amiibo) and sell them for like 2-4x + the value. They're the real scum. I get what you're saying about SvsC and looking at your valuing, you want a full kit (MVS) from the looks of it. I just buy the game alone, or I go after marquees if they're barely raising the price or included. I do have couple full kits, and like 4-5 others that are full kit contents minus the bubble bag and box itself. Those fell into my hands for the price of the game itself or less so I can't complain. Only been at it a 14 months and the prices alone since last September have crept up at an annoying pace. I'm quite tempted to get a NeoSD if for any reason other than to not pay up on a few thousand in loose carts I'd like (Sengoku 2 and 3, Money Idol Exchanger, Twinkle Star Sprites, etc.) I'm not comfortable but in a rare case paying over $100 for a game, a game alone even. My lone carts and partial/full kits have all been under $100 except paying $200 for Super Dodgeball in a shockbox with full contents being the highest. I've been kind of a multi-forum/ebay stalker for deals that creep by.

See for yourself, this is everything here -- https://goo.gl/photos/PkENStghjHsMS488A (I was on photobucket, erased the account a early in the week.)

I've got mostly legit stuff, 3 in rental shells, 3 snk board conversion carts for NitD, Ironclad, and Crossed Swords 2 rest is legit.

You know what also bugs me, I actually own the ROMs for Mark of the Wolves and Twinkle Star Sprites as I bought that SNK bundle they sold through Humble Bundle, yet I can't get them into my cabinet. Makes me want to get a stupid joystick for my computer.

• Like 1

I'm kind of curious if there would be one. I think it would kind of depend solely on how much of a transfer rate the SNK hardware can take. The NGPC kit is saddled with 30sec(512kb) to 4min(4MB) waits because of how the system handles cartridge data and transfers it. If the big brother to it is wired in a similar way those long pauses are going to be about it other than shaving seconds off with a better speed memory card. At least with the NGP kit you get 15M to work with so you can throw multiple games on there while the NeoSD if I remember right is a one shot.

And matty I feel the same way. I have the kit, but I'd still like to own the setup I once had 15 years ago when I had it in the day as it was a long line of victims to unemployment. A lucky buy a few months ago on a lot got me almost every game I had in one shot other than select few and annoyingly 2 of them are just expensive ($100+ -- rockman and cotton) but match of the millennium I got for under 30 and biomotor unitron tops 50 complete. Baseball Stars I need too but oddly it doesn't come up much loose and I don't want to blow $40+ on a complete one.

It's for sure possible. If the system can do it with normal carts then it can be done with a flash cart. It might not be cost effective now to make it though. IIRC flash carts for other systems were slow too at first but after updates they have gotten much faster.

Well then it's a tech limit. Saint seemed to think even with a firmware update on his NGP kit because how the games/system are designed he can't very well speed his kit up. I wonder if it was just because of the limits of what's possible on the chips used or if the handheld just is what it is. Either way, love that kit.

Currently the only console I actively buy for anymore that isn't modern (ie: Switch) is the Neo Geo MVS format and the rare occasional PS1 title but I'm not collecting on that. I'm slowly moving into a mix of using what I have, getting a kit (ngpc and snes), or very slowly and calculatingly buying a game I actually truly will put the time and effort into as it's just not worth it to me anymore.

I just got a slick deal on a bundle of 3 MVS games this evening I'll see arrive early/mid next week so I can't wait. :) I'm sure that'll tickle our threads host ear a bit wondering which they are. Hint: They're on the 161in1 I don't want to touch anymore.

• Like 1

I just got a slick deal on a bundle of 3 MVS games this evening I'll see arrive early/mid next week so I can't wait. :) I'm sure that'll tickle our threads host ear a bit wondering which they are. Hint: They're on the 161in1 I don't want to touch anymore.

I'm already getting giddy Tanooki. :grin:

Anthony...

Ive another two HomeCart, ones broke, I bought it broke as a project just never got round to it and two CDZs one was pre-owned and yeah really lucked out with the second one totally brand new, had a funky little Japanese label sealing it I was just blown away, got a brand. The modded HomeCart I use your spot on it the later one as you know by this time too they'd removed the "pro stick" and they came boxed with the BeanStick. As you no Im a really big CD fan, the loading times don't bother me really, especially on the CDZ as well. The loading times stop you, well me from "game swiping" so much! lol takes so long to load you gotta play it for a bit!

And I'll reach out again to Gadget hopefully he can help?

You just a HomeCart person Ant?

MJ

MJ

I have the following in my collection of consoles MJ.

1 NGCD Top loader (boxed).

2 NGCD Front Loader (Boxed).

1 NG CDZ (Boxed)

1 NGX (Boxed)

10 Neo-Geo AES units (all loose)

Quite a lot of NGPC units that I don't have exact number to say. They were like $5 dollars in local stores loose that nobody wanted them in 2002-2003,

The AES units were at one time all in repairable condition for less than $100 American dollars. 3 are being repaired at this time. Many still can't understand why I have so many and say "why do you have 10? Isn't one sufficient enough? But the prices were so cheap at the time that I couldn't pass up on them even if they were considered unworkable when they were purchased

I have been giving some of my Neo-Geo goodies away for others to benefit for free. I'm just so loaded with Neo-Geo products that I want to contribute back to others that take the time and dedication on making the Neo-Geo thread what it is today with their material that they share here with us. Here's two in the community that made videos of my belongings that they now have in their collection.

More videos from others will follow soon regarding me donating gifts from other members that participate. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEtvswSkNa0

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1