IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Hey everyone, its Atariage member NeoGeoCollector (Frazer) talking a about the Neo Geo book from Bitmap Books. Let's see and listen what he has to say shall we? :)

From the description,

"The amazing new book by Bitmap Books included and needed a strong collaboration. It was with Frazer Rhodes aka NEOGEOCOLLECTOR - who we interviewed at Play Expo 2017.

Frazer gave us a great back story, insights about his own NEO GEO journey and info on the making of the book with Sam Dyer of Bitmap Books."

Anthony..

• Like 3

Hy guys,

Back with Atariage member The Isolated Gamerz (Lais) with some pretty interesting goodies he got in the mail. I think you like it since the kind sir is now back into the Neo-Geo scene with this awesome little gem. Enjoy. :)

Anthony...

The Neo Geo Pocket Color.

I'm looking forward to spending the next few months playing this bad boy and getting to know the unit.

Thank you Ant!

• Like 2

Hi guys,

This evening were with Androidbessy. Here we see him playing Blazing Star on his device for us to see him in action. Always in the mood to see others playing Neo-Geo using cool alternative ways than original hardware.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLJiYvNlVb8&t=10s

Anthony...

Is it a better game than Last Blade 2? It looks a bit faster and easier to grasp.

Last Blade 1 & 2 showed that the Neo-Geo was still a force to be reckoned with when 3D gaming on home consoles was in full swing. If you could, I would purchase both. :)

Anthony..

Ooo, I have to agree with you Ant, I think SamuraiShodow2 is a fantastic game, but better than LastBlade2, nah its an amazing game, for me I couldn't fault it one bit! When it was release for me it was that good it pulled me away from Virtua Fighter 3 on my Japanese DreamCast. The music, the story, the zooming in and out as you moved around, it showed SNK at its best! Absolutely loved it!

post-61243-0-06110300-1510527829_thumb.jpg

post-61243-0-28147800-1510527876_thumb.jpg

ZetaStrike the Slug games are two games you wont go wrong with, as a CD fan such a shame they canceled 3 and as for 4 and 5, thats jus a pipe dream! :(

Ahh right, thanks enoofu I was just curios, so the NeoPrint MVS carts wouldn't boot at all?

WOW! This is a great interview!!

Ive said it a million times before but I love this scene, I love the people in it, the community make it a cool and special thing were all involved in!

Its great and I love it! Dont care how sappy that makes me sound! lol

MJ

• Like 3

Ahh right, thanks enoofu I was just curios, so the NeoPrint MVS carts wouldn't boot at all?

Will not boot property as NeoPrint logically is different then NeoGeo, also the same the other way also which is a shame since NeoPrint is basically a Supergun of the MVS

Edited by enoofu
  • Like 2

Hi guys,

Check out these photos of our gorgeous ART OF FIGHTING vinyl! The series is 25 years old, but Shinkiro’s art is timeless! 1f44a.png@SNKPofficial Now shipping! Only $25. Order here: http://bravewave.fangamer.com (US) http://www.bigwax.fr/en/brave-wave (EU, etc)pic.twitter.com/9niCKWUtqS

DOZ7UZSUQAAkHha.jpg
DOZ7UZWUEAAIOvV.jpg
DOZ7UZZUEAAtNC4.jpg
DOZ7UZPUEAAEA-p.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 3

The Neo Geo Pocket Color.

I'm looking forward to spending the next few months playing this bad boy and getting to know the unit.

Thank you Ant!

Awesome Lais. :thumbsup:

Glad to see you stopping by. We look forward on listening to what you have to say bro. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Love Neo Geo.RT @NeoGeoCollector: #metalslug on the #neogeo reviewed by Maximum magazine in 1996 #retrogaming pic.twitter.com/fok2rAOC2n (1/1)

CrXmw7-XYAA24yN.jpg
CrXmw7uWYAA13Up.jpg
CrXmw7wWIAAIqA8.jpg
CrXmw76XgAAOgoS.jpg

Anthony...

Awesome magazine article, thank you for uploading these picks! Preserving history, the greatest "run and gun" series around!

-Aaron

• Like 2

Hi guys,

サムライスピリッツ零SPECIAL (PS4/Vita)のパッチを配信いたしました。 詳細はこちら: https://www.facebook.com/SNK.KOFWORLD/photos/a.243289412680053.1073741828.243150472693947/548300545512270/?type=3&theater pic.twitter.com/aPyps64A6B

Translate from Japanese
Translated from Japanese by Bing

Samurai shodown patch SPECIAL (PS4/Vita) has been delivered. For more information click here: https://www. facebook.com/SNK.KOFWORLD/photos/a.243289412680053.1073741828.243150472693947/548300545512270/?type=3&theater

DOeTbmMVQAAUF79.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

ACA NEOGEO STREET HOOP is now available on Nintendo Switch and Xbox One! Enjoy the master pieces of NEOGEO! http://www.hamster.co.jp/american_hamster/arcadearchives/switch/dank.htm pic.twitter.com/HbXUMk1lQ3

DOXUO2ZV4AAWxTr.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

More High Score records from Atariagemember darrin9999.

Anthony...

I'm finally remixing video game songs again starting with Kim Kaphwan's theme from Fatal Fury 2 and Special!

Gameplay footage is from the Genesis conversion of Fatal Fury 2 by Takara. I have Fatal Fury Battle Archives Volume 1 (Thanks Anthony!) but I was having some trouble getting my capture card to work properly with my PS2 today so I recorded the Genesis port instead. I will be reviewing all the Neo Geo Fatal Fury games soon.

Thanks Anthony for introducing me to Fatal Fury!

• Like 1

I'm finally remixing video game songs again starting with Kim Kaphwan's theme from Fatal Fury 2 and Special!

Gameplay footage is from the Genesis conversion of Fatal Fury 2 by Takara. I have Fatal Fury Battle Archives Volume 1 (Thanks Anthony!) but I was having some trouble getting my capture card to work properly with my PS2 today so I recorded the Genesis port instead. I will be reviewing all the Neo Geo Fatal Fury games soon.

Thanks Anthony for introducing me to Fatal Fury!

Hey Dallas,

Nice remix of Fatal Fury 2 ans Special. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Loving the beats to this :-D

Great to know that Fatal Fury series is to your liking. I'm sure will be seeing your great gaming skills in action playing them and speaking your mind on what you have to say about this awesome franchise! :)

Well done bro. I also have to say I got the Genesis port of FF2 myself. Takara did a good port of it than the Super NES version IMO. :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Yeah I agree! Thats a massive shame, as you say It'd be like having an official SNK made CMVS/SuperGun. Is there no way some tech head could get it to play MVS games or is it totally a no go!?

This looks incredible! Love the Blue Vinyl! Cant wait to get my tri coloured Metal Slug LP!

DOeTbmMVQAAUF79.jpg

What an incredible game! For me I think its the best game in the series! Love 2 as everyone does but 5Special is an incredible game, so good!

SNK really went out with a bang!

Absolute genius!

MJ

• Like 1

Yeah I agree! Thats a massive shame, as you say It'd be like having an official SNK made CMVS/SuperGun. Is there no way some tech head could get it to play MVS games or is it totally a no go!?

Lots of issues

1. NeoPrint only uses 4 buttons, MVS has 4 Action button, select and Start, plus Joystick support

2. CHA Boards of the cart's have different pinouts in MVS/NeoPrint

3. NeoPrint Motherboard doesn't have a System rom, it located in the carts

4. Quite a few other major issues

official SNK made CMVS/SuperGun

LOL, pretty sure that the reason for AES with some slight changes over MVS, also Capcom did the same with the Capcom Power System Changer which can act like a supergun

Got to remember when the AES and MVS came out the cart prices were roughly the same since they are basically the same; Just that the Arcade Coinops business decline

• Like 2