IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Back with Neo-Geo contributor Scarlet Sprites with more on what he does best. Let's see him in action playing Last Resort. :)

From the description,

"I know controllers must have been broken over this game. Arcade glass was shattered. This is Last Resort my friends, a relatively tough and frustrating shooter for the Neo Geo. It also happens to be one of just a few titles that I've rage-quit in the past. How far will I get this time? Is my SD card even big enough for the amount of time this will take?"

Anthony..

• Like 1

And after about a month from the day of purchase, here is my Neo Geo CD collection. I think I have a really well rounded set here, and in the process I sold some systems and games that didn't see as much use. I think either Pulstar or Viewpoint is my #1 so far. I have to say, load times are a non issue. I keep thinking "These are the dreaded NGCD load times?"77b2e5b71296762b3298433a4585713b.jpga550079492aebbb3e5937e645afb12a3.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

• Like 5

This looks amazing!

I was SOOO tempted to start collecting MVS games and get a Nice CMVS, SuperGun or Convertor but Paul put me off as I have a NeoSD fully loaded, it allows me to save money and wait for the right price AES version to show up and buy when the 'game/games' show up in the public domain. Im not rushing and buying over priced carts because I so want to play it. But the cool coloured MVS carts do appeal to me! lol

Have you got a SuperGun Ant?

MJ

I would only recommend a supergun if you planning to jump to another system or plan to use a non multiboard game.

Some of the more common Multiboards system that are similar to Neo Geo are Namco Systems, Sega NAOMI, Sega ST-V, Sammy Atomiswave, Taito F3 System, Capcom Play Systems I/II/III and PolyGame Master.

Would also recommend researching them if you plan to go that route since most have different issues and care requirements such as region encoding, Anti Piracy methods which can even impact legit copies.

• Like 3

And after about a month from the day of purchase, here is my Neo Geo CD collection. I think I have a really well rounded set here, and in the process I sold some systems and games that didn't see as much use. I think either Pulstar or Viewpoint is my #1 so far. I have to say, load times are a non issue. I keep thinking "These are the dreaded NGCD load times?"

Awesome looking collection you have right now Zeta. We're proud of you bro. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :)

Everything looks so clean and well kept. Glad to know that you have these awesome games in your collection and can't wait to see more of your NGCD continuing to grow.

Any future games you have plan to purchase? :)

Anthony..

Well I posted the ting on high score. It is from an older run I did and already posted. Here is the link if you want to vote.

http://highscore.com/score/?s=66111&r=-3&p=0

Spinmaster (Neo Geo)
Score: 179,000
World Ranking: Waiting for votes
Scored By: NeoEvan

When: 12-1-2017

Legit? (41.7%)
Save

default5.png

Spinmaster-Neo-Geo-s66111-20171201171058

Nice Evan. :thumbsup: We hope you get the votes you need to be approve for it. :)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

More from Fellow Atariage member 16Bites (Paul) Nice purchases to ad to his growing AES collection.

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

More from Pitfall Harry.

Anthony...

Hey Anthony, I was wondering if you or anyone else might know why Magician Lord won't show up on the Nintendo Switch eShop (NA) ?

I could've sworn it was there earlier this year but I can't find it now.

Thanks for any info!

Hey Parallax,

I went on Nintendo's website and the game is still available on their site at $7.99.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/aca-neogeo-magician-lord-switch#game-info

Can you do a site search on the eshop to see if it's still there on your unit bro?

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Back with Atariage member NeoTurboManic with another great comparision video. Let's see the difference with Samurai Shodown III & IV from the Sega Saturn shall we?

From the description,

"Here s a quick video I did showing the similarities of the stages between Samurai Shodown III & IV. Footage from both games were taken from the Sega Saturn versions."

Anthony...

• Like 1

And after about a month from the day of purchase, here is my Neo Geo CD collection. I think I have a really well rounded set here, and in the process I sold some systems and games that didn't see as much use. I think either Pulstar or Viewpoint is my #1 so far. I have to say, load times are a non issue. I keep thinking "These are the dreaded NGCD load times?"77b2e5b71296762b3298433a4585713b.jpga550079492aebbb3e5937e645afb12a3.jpg

Neo Geo is well known in shmups communities as a strong system

Just sad that CD is missing Blazing Stars and Strikers 1945 Plus made by Sonicwing/AeroFighter development Team

• Like 1

Hey Parallax,

I went on Nintendo's website and the game is still available on their site at $7.99.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/aca-neogeo-magician-lord-switch#game-info

Can you do a site search on the eshop to see if it's still there on your unit bro?

Anthony..

Yeah I see it on Nintendo's website, but on the Switch eShop itself, it's not there at all. I did a few searches like 'Magician Lord" and even just "ACA" which brings up all the other Neo Geo games.

And now I've read elsewhere that ML was indeed removed from the North American eShop for something to do with its ESRB rating.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CensoredGaming/comments/6xil8i/aca_neogeo_magician_lord_removed_from_the_eshop/

Awesome looking collection you have right now Zeta. We're proud of you bro. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :)

Everything looks so clean and well kept. Glad to know that you have these awesome games in your collection and can't wait to see more of your NGCD continuing to grow.

Any future games you have plan to purchase? :)

Anthony..

Thanks Anthony, I'm glad I took the plunge. I don't plan on picking up any more games for a while, I'm happy with what I have. Maybe around springtime.

I do have a question about usage: What does the Save/Load Data function I see in most games meant to do? I've noticed that some games only save high scores if I choose to save, but others don't seem to care and do it anyway. In Pulstar, loading data brings me back to my last checkpoint, which is a stupid feature for an arcade shooter that's meant to be mastered

• Like 2

Thanks Anthony, I'm glad I took the plunge. I don't plan on picking up any more games for a while, I'm happy with what I have. Maybe around springtime.

I do have a question about usage: What does the Save/Load Data function I see in most games meant to do? I've noticed that some games only save high scores if I choose to save, but others don't seem to care and do it anyway. In Pulstar, loading data brings me back to my last checkpoint, which is a stupid feature for an arcade shooter that's meant to be mastered

Hi Zeta,

Awesome we hope to see you getting more in the springtime to continue your excellent NGCD collection. Keep it up bro. :)

In regards to your question Zeta, the Save/Load data acts similar to the Neo-Geo memory card. If you have a game in session, you can stop and pick up where you left off. SNK wanted to make the NGCD a cheaper alternative to the AES so they tried to offer the same experience of it with this feature.

Hope this helps bro. :)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

After whispering in my ear for a very long time, I have finally been called into the collective. Ordered a MVS MV-1C and a UniBios today. Going to obviously do a consolization project. Kind of want to design my own full acrylic case for it though. I am also considering the 3 Lions case, but with some modifications. Also picked up Metal Slug 3 and Metal Slug X and an AES JoyStick. As soon as the NeoFlashMasta VMC comes back into stock, I will be picking up one of those too.

• Like 1

After whispering in my ear for a very long time, I have finally been called into the collective. Ordered a MVS MV-1C and a UniBios today. Going to obviously do a consolization project. Kind of want to design my own full acrylic case for it though. I am also considering the 3 Lions case, but with some modifications. Also picked up Metal Slug 3 and Metal Slug X and an AES JoyStick. As soon as the NeoFlashMasta VMC comes back into stock, I will be picking up one of those too.

Hey mobius,

WOW! :-o

Awesome that you purchased a MVS-1C and a UniBios as well bro. Glad that it will be part of your collection and want to make something out of it kind sir. Metal Slug 3 and X are really great choices to have. Add that AES stick in the bunch, you got yourself some serious gaming time for you to enjoy.

Glad that you mention this with us on the Neo-Geo thread. We would love to see how your project turns out and viewing your gaming skills in action. :)

Anthony..

Someday maybe the wife will let me have a Candy Cab or something of the sort, but until then, the consolized MVS will get some use, once it's finished. I am mainly in the planning phase right now. Need to do some measurements for the casing to see how feasible my idea will actually be. Already have shipment confirmation on the UniBios which is awesome. I love fast shipping.

• Like 2

Someday maybe the wife will let me have a Candy Cab or something of the sort, but until then, the consolized MVS will get some use, once it's finished. I am mainly in the planning phase right now. Need to do some measurements for the casing to see how feasible my idea will actually be. Already have shipment confirmation on the UniBios which is awesome. I love fast shipping.

Sounds good mobius. :thumbsup:

We can't wait to see what you have in store. This is going to be awesome no doubt. :)

Anthony..

Heya guys, a small update pic. on my AES & MVS collection, the most recent additions being Ninja Commando DogTag CIB, Gunlord English from the NG:DEV 2nd printing and Matrimelee English CIB.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Well done Chaos :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This is the tower of excellence right here in the pic. These games show why we're glad to have you as a member on the Neo-Geo thread and you help motivate others to play and collect for the units. Everything looks so nice and neat. Were all coming over to your pad to play some game now bro. :)

I'll bring the sodypop and pretzels bro. I'm coming over! :-D

Anthony..

• Like 1