IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

That is a thing of beauty.

Just ordered my DarkSoft MultiCart. Now to figure out how to pay for all of this. Lol

Awesome mobiuss! :thumbsup:

I want to see how this cart turns out with reviews and personal thoughts from the owners regarding it. If all goes well, I purchase the AES version soon after. :)

Anthony..

My biggest fear is that he finds some major flaw or has a breakthrough on something a year later and a completely new hardware revision comes out, like the turbo everdrive eventually did. Can't really even give away the first editions of that.

Everything I have seen about this cart looks solid though.

I know how you feel mobius,

I usually like to wait on new products for them to fix the quirks down the line. I do the same with game consoles as well. So when they finally get worked out, I'll come by and purchase them.

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【キミヒロ×KOFコラボ】 KOFコラボネスツ編第一部の後半戦!新イベント「トーナメント」が開催!ポイントをためてSSRヒーロー「KUSANAGI」をゲット! #KOF #キミヒロ https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/official/kimihero/news/archives/983 pic.twitter.com/AfErnXgqPE

Translate from Japanese
Translated from Japanese by Bing

[Kimihiro x KOF collaboration] KOF-collabonesutsu part 1 late match! New event "tournament" is held. SSR hero "KUSANAGI" get your points! #KOF https://www. snk-corp.co.jp/official/kimihero/news/archives/983 #ttps://t.co/kH1feHEHrs

DQK7L_8V4AEBBC6.png

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【キミヒロ×KOFコラボ】 KOFコラボネスツ編第一部の後半戦!「KUSANAGI」の強化素材を獲得できるマルチクエストが登場!#KOF #キミヒロ https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/official/kimihero/news/archives/981 pic.twitter.com/Ji7r904BLq

Translate from Japanese

[Kimihiro x KOF collaboration] KOF-collabonesutsu part 1 late match! Multicast can earn "KUSANAGI" reinforced material is here! #KOF https://www. snk-corp.co.jp/official/kimihero/news/archives/981 #ttps://t.co/yeww4RdhnA

DQK7WWDUIAABJQP.png

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【テリー2003限定ガチャが開放!】 4日21時半まで、伝説のワイルドウルフ「テリー2003」が攻撃型UR格闘家として登場! 本日最終日なので、ガチャを回す予定の方はお早めに! #KOF98UMOLpic.twitter.com/D4OyGIhWSM

Translate from Japanese

[Terry 2003 limited Gazza is open! : Up to 4, 21:30, Terry 2003 legendary wild Wolf appeared as attack type UR martial artist! Who will turn the Gazza last day today, so hurry in! #KOF98UMOL

DQLQcViVQAAf_op.png

Anthony...

Hey guys,

I've been trying to learn the differences between Neo Geo setups; I know there's no game differences between homecart ROM data and arcade ROM data, but there is a an initial start-up difference between loading the game data as arcade or home modes. Then, the game data differs depending on the region BIOS of the machine you're booting on (language setting, violence & bounce censorship, in some cases completely different stages / BGM.) It's strange to think that every cart has every "version" of the game on it, then differs depending on what it's being booted with.

I know that the Neo Geo CD has actual differences to some games over the AES / MVS versions, but other than that.. am I missing anything or keeping false information?

• Like 1

Hey guys,

I've been trying to learn the differences between Neo Geo setups; I know there's no game differences between homecart ROM data and arcade ROM data, but there is a an initial start-up difference between loading the game data as arcade or home modes. Then, the game data differs depending on the region BIOS of the machine you're booting on (language setting, violence & bounce censorship, in some cases completely different stages / BGM.) It's strange to think that every cart has every "version" of the game on it, then differs depending on what it's being booted with.

I know that the Neo Geo CD has actual differences to some games over the AES / MVS versions, but other than that.. am I missing anything or keeping false information?

There are differences between the AES and MVS versions of some games. The differences are mainly in regards to catering to the type of gameplay that would be experienced. An example of this would be fighting games. At the end of a match in the MVS version, the winner would go on to fight the next challenger or the CPU, whereas in the AES version the players would be returned to the character select screen.

Now aside from minor gameplay differences, MVS is generally a lower cost of entry. You can pick up the MVS board and consolize it or use a super gun with it and still be under the initial purchase price of the AES. The games are also generally cheaper for MVS than AES. That being said, the AES is more polished aesthetically right off the bat. Likewise the games are more polished with nice decals and a different shape to the cart.

A review I once heard was that you buy the MVS if you want to play the games and you buy the AES if you want to look at them. Personally, I say go for what you like. I actually like the idea of consolized MVS. I like seeing the board and having a very basic looking cart. I don't care about displaying my games or equipment, I just want to play them. I'm not saying everyone who has an AES is about vanity or anything like that. It's kind of cool that we have the option of a polished home console or the arcade hardware displayed/used in a myriad of ways.

• Like 2

Random question guys, where do you buy ypur mvs stuff? I only use eBay as of now. I would like to have more options. Like I need a few boxes and art sets and also feel some of the prices are too high on eBay. Never buy off Neotropolis. I paid $125 for my aero fighters 2 kit they want $400.

• Like 1

Random question guys, where do you buy ypur mvs stuff? I only use eBay as of now. I would like to have more options. Like I need a few boxes and art sets and also feel some of the prices are too high on eBay. Never buy off Neotropolis. I paid $125 for my aero fighters 2 kit they want $400.

Hey Red,

Yeah. Kenny (Neotropolis) is really expensive. Your better off going somewhere else for your Neo-Geo needs when it regards to prices. But I do have to admit, him and Mandy are very courteous and helpful when you need them foe him. :)

One service that I really wanted from them was the HDMI feature you can have for your AES unit. Now they sell a completed version on their store.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HDMI-Neo-Geo-AES-NGH-System-Console-HDTV-720p-1080p-Stereo-UniBios-3-3-SNK/263323082355?hash=item3d4f475e73:g:dkcAAOSwe-FU3Uyk

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 3

I picked up all my stuff from Abelardo on Nintendoage. He also sells on ebay under videogamesmx. He's located in Mexico, but is a solid guy and very reasonable.

Sounds interesting mobius. Will take a look what he has to offer on Ebay with him.

Thank you as always kind sir. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Now aside from minor gameplay differences, MVS is generally a lower cost of entry. You can pick up the MVS board and consolize it or use a super gun with it and still be under the initial purchase price of the AES. The games are also generally cheaper for MVS than AES. That being said, the AES is more polished aesthetically right off the bat. Likewise the games are more polished with nice decals and a different shape to the cart.

A review I once heard was that you buy the MVS if you want to play the games and you buy the AES if you want to look at them. Personally, I say go for what you like. I actually like the idea of consolized MVS. I like seeing the board and having a very basic looking cart. I don't care about displaying my games or equipment, I just want to play them. I'm not saying everyone who has an AES is about vanity or anything like that. It's kind of cool that we have the option of a polished home console or the arcade hardware displayed/used in a myriad of ways.

Yeah, I prefer going the AES route, mainly because game art & sound is as important to me, if not more so, than gameplay. I'll sometimes give games passes for being rough to play if I really like the characters, design, etc.. So for the AES games to come packaged in cases with slip sheets & manuals, it's just the physical path I prefer to go. I suppose not only that, but growing up with home console media, it feels right to have a box, manual and cart. I could go the MVS route and get all the carts shockboxes, but also as a collector, I prefer the material that was official retail.

• Like 1

And after about a month from the day of purchase, here is my Neo Geo CD collection. I think I have a really well rounded set here, and in the process I sold some systems and games that didn't see as much use. I think either Pulstar or Viewpoint is my #1 so far. I have to say, load times are a non issue. I keep thinking "These are the dreaded NGCD load times?"77b2e5b71296762b3298433a4585713b.jpga550079492aebbb3e5937e645afb12a3.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

Beautiful set up. As I said Im a huge fan of the CD system and games especially my CDZ.

I would only recommend a supergun if you planning to jump to another system or plan to use a non multiboard game.

Some of the more common Multiboards system that are similar to Neo Geo are Namco Systems, Sega NAOMI, Sega ST-V, Sammy Atomiswave, Taito F3 System, Capcom Play Systems I/II/III and PolyGame Master.

Would also recommend researching them if you plan to go that route since most have different issues and care requirements such as region encoding, Anti Piracy methods which can even impact legit copies.

I didn't no there was so many things to trip one up enoofu? Do you have a good site of the top of your head thats a bit of a kinda 'to go place' for all info Super-Gun and PCBs?

Hi guys,

More from Fellow Atariage member 16Bites (Paul) Nice purchases to ad to his growing AES collection.

Anthony..

Paul got such a deal on these two! And a mint as new 99 with the Japanese Pre-Order gift of an 'unused' phone card is awesome! Ive seen the card alone go for £70+ on eBay! Nuts!

He's got another nice copy of 97 too which he has for sale, cant wait to get my hands on that!

Its nice to see him building his collection slowly but surely!

Neo Geo is well known in shmups communities as a strong system

Just sad that CD is missing Blazing Stars and Strikers 1945 Plus made by Sonicwing/AeroFighter development Team

Yeah its gutting BlazingStar never came to the CD but Im sure I can remember CEX in London and Telegames in Leeds taking PreOrders for the then anticipated CD version of BlazingStars, I could be wrong but Im sure they did!

Heya guys, a small update pic. on my AES & MVS collection, the most recent additions being Ninja Commando DogTag CIB, Gunlord English from the NG:DEV 2nd printing and Matrimelee English CIB.

gallery_14503_1756_602960.jpg

WOW! what a collection Stage_1, would love to see a video!

MJ

• Like 2

Paul got such a deal on these two! And a mint as new 99 with the Japanese Pre-Order gift of an 'unused' phone card is awesome! Ive seen the card alone go for £70+ on eBay! Nuts!

He's got another nice copy of 97 too which he has for sale, cant wait to get my hands on that!

Its nice to see him building his collection slowly but surely!

MJ

Hey Matty,

Yeah, Paul was telling me this and he was excited on the price he paid for them. Looks good for their ages and glad he posted it on his account for me to share it with us on the thread. Only a few more titles in the KOF series for him to collect. :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back with fellow Atariage member FGFchris with another superb video for us to enjoy. Let's see him in action playing Samurai Shodown 2! Pocket for the NGPC. :)

To show my appreciation for contributing to the Neo-Geo thread, I mailed him an official SNK Neo Geo Pocket shirt for what he offers for us in the community. Glad he likes it. :)

From the description,

"Had a lot of fun putting this together. Shout out to Anthony (Charlie Cat) for the awesome Shirt! xD"

Anthony...

Same way with some MVS collectors as they go Matching serials, Mini Marquees, Full Marquees, label and case conditions and so forth.

All about having fun in the end as both AES and MVS has some nice stuff :)

Sounds kind of like me lol. I don't like loose carts. I try to only get complete mvs kits in nice condition. I will make exceptions if it's cheap. And I don't mind if the serial numbers don't match. I will go out of my way to put together a kit with my loose carts lol. Nobody happens to have a box and art set for Nightmare in the Dark for cheap do you? Lol jk

• Like 1