IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

This looks pretty cool from Terry Bogard. Alternatives for Neo-Geo MVS boxes. Nice! :)

From the description,

"Yo guys wassup! Here's my solution around Shockboxes. I hope you guys like my NeoGeo MVS collection!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAaHvl5xEik

Anthony...

• Like 1

Great to see boards that were available that SNK was able to develop like this one enoofu. Such ingenuity those employees were. I hope more like this will surface to be amazed even further. :)

Anthony...

Personally i don't think this stuff is the main Neo Geo Development kit, as it probably was a few interface cards for something like a Sharp 68000X computer, as it would be painful to reflash eeprom and install and uninstall them for each minor change especially with multiple people working on them, especially since those kits don't appear to be showing motorola assembly language, and related information such as register data.

• Like 1

enoofu/Ant - So this big contraption in the picture is this a thing we may have seen in the home (a dual compatible MVS AES system)

Is the only thing that stops MVS carts in the AES system and vice versa the physical shape of the cart? The converters (Phantom/MagicKey etc) didn't have any crucial hardware or anything?

Also guys what do you think of the Omega system?

MJ

• Like 1

enoofu/Ant - So this big contraption in the picture is this a thing we may have seen in the home (a dual compatible MVS AES system)

Is the only thing that stops MVS carts in the AES system and vice versa the physical shape of the cart? The converters (Phantom/MagicKey etc) didn't have any crucial hardware or anything?

Also guys what do you think of the Omega system?

MJ

A duel MVS/AES could've been manufactured for sure Matty. But SNK would've thought it would've made no sense to offer it to the retail market for financial and practical issues. Because it would've defeat the purpose of why put the effort of all the arcade units that were already manufactured and the cost would still be cheaper to play AES game over the MVS in which the kits were around $1,000-$2000 dollars each.

Yes, the more pins were necessary and different because despite that the games were no different from each other, SNK would've lost profit on the fact of the price of the AES was significantly cheaper (at the time) over the $1k-$2k MVS kits. Imagine to put an AES cart inside the slot over an expensive MVS cart. That would've been money lost for sure.

Also, I personally like the Omega CMVS unit. I still would recommend looking to invest into one. Quaily made product that will last for years. :)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Yeah thats what I was thinking, I no a fair bit about the Neo, been obsessed since 1989 lol

And cost wise obviously at the time say MetalSlug MVS woulda been a grand and the AES £240 so business's woulda just gone for the cheaper cart!

Did you have a quick spy at some of those prices and ads Ant? Madness hey? lol

There is other differences outside of the cartage shape between MVS and AES, the pinouts are totally different, and a few other things

https://wiki.neogeodev.org/index.php?title=MVS_cartridge_pinout

https://wiki.neogeodev.org/index.php?title=AES_cartridge_pinout

Techie wise though how hard are cart conversions to do? Can Mr novice do it? Are the guts of say Slug1 MVS the same as the AES?

With conversion would you get say Shodown1 take all the chips off the board then put the MVS Slug1 chips in the corresponding slots, or is it way more complicated than that?

MJ

• Like 1

Yeah thats what I was thinking, I no a fair bit about the Neo, been obsessed since 1989 lol

And cost wise obviously at the time say MetalSlug MVS woulda been a grand and the AES £240 so business's woulda just gone for the cheaper cart!

Did you have a quick spy at some of those prices and ads Ant? Madness hey? lol

Yeah, I was looking at them Matty. Man, I wish we can all have those games at those prices again. It would be Neo-Geo collection fun again with hurting the bank account Matty. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Oh for sure! Ive been reading over them for day and kick myself over and over! MOTW 279.99 why didn't I buy 10 instead of 1? Ultimate11, Pete the owner of the now mainly defunct TeleGames rang me, I was in the TeleGamesNeoGeoSwap club, and asked me did I want my position on PAL U11? Stupidly I declined! I went up there a few weeks later and bought a bean JoyStick, MagicalDrop2 CD and a new but broken seal FatalFurry cart, It was super reduced and I actually saw and handled a PAL U11 and um'ed and aa'ed over buying it. Obviously I didn't, Frazer saw it/them there too and didn't pick it up. Not sure if he bought one subsequently or has completed his collection with a Japanese U11/SSK4 or a conversion car (not sure if he's in to conversions) Id be interested to know though.

Also Ant been speaking with Paul the few days, were always chatting Neo lol and I was saying to him Im really on the hunt for SvC Jap, I cant believe how pricey It is now, I think you and I have spoke about this before but Im certain the NeoStore had in new for over a year really cheap, £80 or £180 comes to mind, can you remember that?

And also do you no of one for sale at the mo?

MJ

• Like 1

Oh for sure! Ive been reading over them for day and kick myself over and over! MOTW 279.99 why didn't I buy 10 instead of 1? Ultimate11, Pete the owner of the now mainly defunct TeleGames rang me, I was in the TeleGamesNeoGeoSwap club, and asked me did I want my position on PAL U11? Stupidly I declined! I went up there a few weeks later and bought a bean JoyStick, MagicalDrop2 CD and a new but broken seal FatalFurry cart, It was super reduced and I actually saw and handled a PAL U11 and um'ed and aa'ed over buying it. Obviously I didn't, Frazer saw it/them there too and didn't pick it up. Not sure if he bought one subsequently or has completed his collection with a Japanese U11/SSK4 or a conversion car (not sure if he's in to conversions) Id be interested to know though.

Also Ant been speaking with Paul the few days, were always chatting Neo lol and I was saying to him Im really on the hunt for SvC Jap, I cant believe how pricey It is now, I think you and I have spoke about this before but Im certain the NeoStore had in new for over a year really cheap, £80 or £180 comes to mind, can you remember that?

And also do you no of one for sale at the mo?

MJ

Glad to know that you and Paul are chatting away Matty. :-D

As a matter of fact I do with the NeoStore with SVC Chaos. I purchased mine from Shawn new there in 2003 and its the Japanese version. Long gone are those prices that were reasonable at the time. Wouldn't be great to have those game at those prices again? :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. OK here's something you don't see everyday, if ever! Pre-release #NeoGeo CD Front Loader - boxed with a CD Pro Controller. Photos courtesy of Italian NeoGeo Collector 'Shito' #SNK #RetroGamingpic.twitter.com/Sak04Cl5p5

DW_a1S5X4AAV-Wa.jpg
    DW_a3HVXcAAuzh_.jpg

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. So since @retrokatg started a #SNKaturday hashtag last weekend it’s my turn to chime in with my little Neo Geo collection. 2 home consoles ,a Jamma MVS and a CMVS. MVS or AES ? Dark or Light? Either way cartridges mean no loading 1f61d.pngpic.twitter.com/yRejiFqOIl

DXWJPFvWkAAojWs.jpg
    DXWJPFwW4AAxWXB.jpg
    DXWJPFtXUAEK1pI.jpg
    DXWJPFuXUAAO92z.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Ahh gutted!! I frostily remember chatting with you about it but (due to doggy brain) was kinder hoping (soz!lol) you were going to say "yeah remember, but didn't want it!" ;)

I can def remember seeing it super super cheep!

Need one ASAP!!

Absolutely gutted I didn't grab it!

YahooAuctions so cheep but almost impossible to set up an account and 'proxy posters' just want to much! :(

uIrFl3L3_bigger.jpg

DXYCaNHWkAAjasb.jpg
DXYCaNJWsAExs2H.jpg
DXYCaNLX4AA21BR.jpg
Weight! Ive had enough of feeling so envious of Frazer entire collection! Especially and oddly his NGFREAK Japanese mags!
Goes on holiday to Asia at some point soon, may have to Eathen Hawk/MissionImpossible his yard! JOKE!! lol

O_RGhn7v_bigger.jpg
DXPUTvRXUAYtExZ.jpg

Haha my games! lol Didn't want the 'Neo newcomer' getting bored!

uIrFl3L3_bigger.jpg
DW_a1S5X4AAV-Wa.jpg
DW_a3HVXcAAuzh_.jpg

Oh WOW!! Never seen a box like that ever! Does that actually belong to Frazer?

Asking far to many questions, sorry Ant! lol

MJ

• Like 1

Ahh gutted!! I frostily remember chatting with you about it but (due to doggy brain) was kinder hoping (soz!lol) you were going to say "yeah remember, but didn't want it!" ;)

I can def remember seeing it super super cheep!

Need one ASAP!!

Absolutely gutted I didn't grab it!

YahooAuctions so cheep but almost impossible to set up an account and 'proxy posters' just want to much! :(

uIrFl3L3_bigger.jpg

Weight! Ive had enough of feeling so envious of Frazer entire collection! Especially and oddly his NGFREAK Japanese mags!
Goes on holiday to Asia at some point soon, may have to Eathen Hawk/MissionImpossible his yard! JOKE!! lol

Haha my games! lol Didn't want the 'Neo newcomer' getting bored!

Oh WOW!! Never seen a box like that ever! Does that actually belong to Frazer?

Asking far to many questions, sorry Ant! lol

MJestions.

Ah, no worries about the questions Matty. I welcome them to tell you the truth. :)

As for that NGCD unit that Frazer posted, there from an Italian collector name 'Shito'.

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hey guys,

A handful of nice CIB AES Dog Tags just went up on eBay a bit ago, all starting at 99cent bids with $12.90 shipping.

I might keep an eye on Ninja Commando Dog Tag as my copy is a bit beat up and I'd love to have that much nicer looking one, here are some links:

Mutation Nation Dog Tag CIB:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEO-GEO-Mutation-Nation-VINTAGE-VIDEO-GAME-COMPLETE-ORIGINAL-BOX-INSTRUCTIONS/312080322515?hash=item48a96fcfd3:g:UQwAAOSwr21anC36

Eight Man Dog Tag CIB:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEO-GEO-Eight-Man-VINTAGE-VIDEO-GAME-COMPLETE-W-ORIGINAL-BOX-INSTRUCTIONS/382399190701?hash=item5908c496ad:g:tksAAOSwEoxanC0B

Ninja Commando Dog Tag CIB:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEO-GEO-Ninja-Commando-VINTAGE-VIDEO-GAME-COMPLETE-W-ORIGINAL-BOX-INSTRUCTIONS/312080321322?hash=item48a96fcb2a:g:QAEAAOSw68lanC2B

Robo Army Dog Tag CIB:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEO-GEO-Robo-Army-VINTAGE-VIDEO-GAME-COMPLETE-ORIGINAL-BOX-INSTRUCTIONS/312080323230?hash=item48a96fd29e:g:SEEAAOSwsONanC55

Fatal Fury Dog Tag CIB: (The instructions are a bit beat on this one, but it might go for a decent price)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEO-GEO-Fatal-Fury-VINTAGE-VIDEO-GAME-COMPLETE-ORIGINAL-BOX-INSTRUCTIONS/382399193281?hash=item5908c4a0c1:g:R64AAOSwTWBanC7H

Edited by Stage_1_Boss
  • Like 2

Hi guys,

Hey guys,

A handful of nice CIB AES Dog Tags just went up on eBay a bit ago, all starting at 99cent bids with $12.90 shipping.

I might keep an eye on Ninja Commando Dog Tag as my copy is a bit beat up and I'd love to have that much nicer looking one, here are some links:

Hey Chaos,

This is really cool. I like the Mutation Nation auction. I'll keep an eye out for that one for sure. Thanks for looking out for us as always bro. :thumbsup: :)

Anthony..

Oh, also, if anyone's keeping a lookout, not sure if it's been mentioned yet on the thread or not, but NG:DEV should be opening pre-orders for the reprint of Fast Striker this week. I'm assuming it'll be purchasable for a two week period like their last reprint was.

Thank you for the heads up Chaos. :thumbsup:

In fact, I posted it up with your words from you PM you send me. But of course, I gave full credit to you regarding on what you said about the pre-order.

It's on post #13,743 for you to view Chaos. Thank you for looking out for us as always bro. :)

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/223548-the-official-neo-geo-thread/page-550

Anthony..

• Like 2

Hi guys,

1. タイトーステーションの店内にNEOGEO LANDの看板があって胸が熱くなります。「アケアカNEOGEO 100万ダウンロード感謝祭」ニコニコ生放送で17時から生中継!ぜひご覧ください! http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv311034887 pic.twitter.com/s4gQnQNMh0

Translate from Japanese
    Translated from Japanese by Microsoft

There is a signboard of neogeo land in the shop of the Taito station and the chest becomes hot. "Akeaka neogeo million Download Thanksgiving" live broadcast from 5pm at 17! Please take a look! http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv311034887

DXWEZeDV4AI0ZCx.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1