IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

I need this in my bedroom badly :-D .

1. あのNEOGEOminiが大きなぬいぐるみになりました! ふかふかもっちもちな感触であなたに癒やしを届けます(^O^)ノ 2月18日(月)より玩拓の楽天ショップにて予約受付開始いたします! 数量限定商品ですのでこの機会に是非お買い求めください~!! ※当商品は弊社のみのお取り扱いとなります※pic.twitter.com/cIFP1S01WA

Translate Tweet
    Translated from Japanese by Microsoft

That Neogeomini became a big stuffed animal! I will heal you with a soft and fluffy touch. (^O^)ノ from Monday, February 18, we will start accepting reservations at the Rakuten shop in Taku. Please buy this opportunity by all means because it is a limited quantity product!! ※ This product is only handled by our company. ※

1. 1f579.png Cuddle up with this NEOGEO Mini BIG pillow plush for 22,500 yen... Would you buy this? 1f601.png On sale Feb. 18th exclusively at the Rakuten shop in Taku, Japan (via @GANTAKUofficial). #SNK #NeoGeo #NeoGeoMini #KOF #FGC #SNKヒロインズpic.twitter.com/ocbl755mRt

Dzk4DYZWwAAFSh_.jpg
    Dzk4E9eXcAM-S1p.jpg
    Dzk4HAvXgAAjb2o.jpg

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

1. 【SNK 40th Anniversary Collection】 收錄24款1979-1989年的SNK經典人氣作品(包含DLC) 已在任天堂Switch上推出, 將於3月登陸PS4 1f30f.pnghttps://snk40th.com/ 03.19.2019 (US) 03.22.2019 (EU) 03.29.2019 (ANZ) #SNK #SNK40th #SNKCollectionpic.twitter.com/eqjUIUfVOT

Translate Tweet
    Translated from Chinese by Microsoft

"SNK 40th Anniversary Collection" includes 24 1979-1989 years of SNK Classic popular works (including DLC) launched on Nintendo Switch, will land in March PS4 https://snk40th.com/ 03.19.2019 (US) 03 .22.2019 (EU) 03.29.2019 (ANZ) #SNK #SNK40th #SNKCollection

DzqtVzFU0AA76nU.jpg
    DzqtWlGU0AApJJm.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. Museum Mode in the SNK 40th Anniversary Collection features SNK's first-ever fighting game, the first arcade game with a vocal soundtrack, and much more: https://play.st/2TNSRne pic.twitter.com/cKkRizSwwO

DzbNCZwX4AABshd.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. #SNK40th - History Spotlight: Sasuke vs. Commander featured many firsts, including one of the first instances of boss fights in early video games! It's amazing to think that such a staple feature of today's games was a novel idea back then!pic.twitter.com/yZ9qongauv

DzfOfhdVAAAELNY.png

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. NIS America, Inc. Retweeted PlayStation

In this great in-depth interview, Brandon Sheffield (@necrosofty) talks about the process behind creating and curating SNK 40th ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION! Check it out on the @PlayStation blog! #SNK40th

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/02/14/snk-40th-anniversary-collection-archiving-a-golden-age-of-gaming-out-march-19-on-ps4/

PlayStation.com
SNK 40th Anniversary Collection: Archiving a Golden Age of Gaming, Out March 19 on PS4

Dive into the meticulous process behind the creation of Museum Mode, which chronicles SNK’s extensive gaming legacy.

46097938215_0ff3dbbbf5_h-755x425.jpg

Posted by Erin Kim North America Media Relations, NIS America

The arcade comes home with SNK 40th Anniversary Collection on PS4 starting March 19 — relive 24 classics from the golden age of retro gaming. Then dive into Museum Mode to immerse yourself in SNK’s rich history, boasting an abundance of high-definition artwork and rare promotional assets. Today, developer Brandon Sheffield discusses how these materials were carefully researched and lovingly compiled, as well as the importance of preserving such history.

How have you come to work on this collection? What was the archival process like?

Actually, I worked on a Digital Eclipse archive as one of my first game writing jobs! Way back in 2006 I wrote some quiz questions for Capcom Classics Collection: Volume 2, so with the resurrection of Digital Eclipse as a company, I was really excited to get back into it, now that I have a lot more experience. Together with Frank Cifaldi, who runs the Video Game History Foundation, I wanted to push our archival and research process even further with our first SNK title.

Essentially, Frank gathered as much printed material, game boards, and various scraps of information as possible. He scanned and cleaned up those materials, and tested the games in the collection against the boards to make sure they were accurate, and if they weren’t, went to lengths to fix that (such as re-recording or dumping new audio). Meanwhile, I interviewed former SNK staff members, and gathered information about the games for use in the museum, as well as whatever concept art former SNK artists had squirreled away.

32070584767_a2bc198491_b.jpg46097938025_451a5256b9_b.jpg

In one case I went to Japan, then took a 7.5 hour journey by train, bus, and car, to reach a specific arcade game warehouse out in the middle of nowhere, in a town called Tatsuno. I spoke with the proprietor there, because he had some of the games about which we knew almost nothing. Without that trip, a lot of our info would’ve been wrong! So that’s how dedicated we are to trying to do this right.

How did certain games get chosen to be featured in Museum Mode?

This was a back-and-forth between Digital Eclipse and SNK. SNK had certain titles they wanted, and so did we. One important thing we did was find a way to replicate the Loop Lever. The Loop Lever was a unique joystick that SNK developed which allowed the player to rotate (by twisting the joystick) and move (by tilting the joystick) at the same time. No prior collection has been able to replicate that because there’s simply no hardware that supports it. We split the movement and rotation across two joysticks, making these games fully playable again, even if they’re not playable in the exact original format. It’s more important that people have the experience of the game, so we wanted to make that happen. Once we did, we tried to get as many Loop Lever-compatible games in the collection as we could, and we got pretty close to all of them!

Aside from that, we knew we wanted Athena, we knew we wanted Crystalis, and we knew we had to showcase that song in Psycho Soldier! The first vocal track ever in an arcade game? How could we resist!

46287759034_69fa6f1320_b.jpg46097938105_64d0d61c44_b.jpg

Did you have previous experience with SNK (such as having played the original titles in SNK 40th Anniversary Collection)? If so, how does it feel to return to those games now?

I’ve been playing SNK games all my life. Of course I played a lot of Neo Geo games, and I was an insane collector of Neo Geo Pocket games, but I also played games like Ikari II in a local arcade during high school too. Coming back to these games is almost like a breath of fresh air, especially with the renewed Loop Lever controls. Honestly I am better at Ikari now than I ever was because of that!

But the real revelation for me came as I researched these titles and why they were important. There were so many things that SNK did before anyone else, that honestly I didn’t even know about before doing this research. They created one of the first playable tutorials. One of the first games with the concept of a health bar. It was a great time of innovation in the industry, and I really felt that as I interviewed the people who made them.

What are some highlights the player should take away from Museum Mode?

Some people have likened the collection to a digital, playable history book, and I really like that idea. SNK is most famous for games that began in its Neo Geo era, but when you play this game, when you go through the Museum, you see the roots of those games. SNK’s first fighting game is here. Sure, it’s nothing compared to Fatal Fury or The King of Fighters. But it’s the first. How did they get from there to where they are now? That’s what we want people to see.

Back then, SNK was making new, bespoke boards for many of their games. If they wanted to do something new, they not only had to come up with the gameplay and art innovations, but also hardware to support it. So while a game like Vanguard might feel a bit stiff in today’s world, we want to make sure everyone understands its importance, and its place in history. Before this collection I feel that SNK’s important history was under-discussed, and my hope is that by reading and playing with our “digital history book” players will feel the impact of that history.

32070584707_82f6607ca4_b.jpg

What are your thoughts on the importance of preserving video game history, and today’s gaming audiences/industry in general?

I think it’s incredibly important to preserve our history, especially as ancient game boards disappear, and source code is lost. Emulation is literally the only way we can present these games, because there’s not a soul alive with the source code to most of these projects. But we can make sure that emulation is as close to the original if we have the boards, and that’s what we try to do.

There’s value in appreciating the incredible craft of these creators, the speed with which they had to make these games, and the intense labor that went into them. The path they paved helped us get to where we are now, establishing the gameplay and art standards upon which we’ve built a global industry.

On top of that, when I spoke to the original developers of these games, they were so happy to speak. They said that they felt their part in history had been forgotten, as people usually speak about the Neo Geo when they speak of SNK. They were simply glad that anyone still wanted to hear their stories, and learn from them. To me their contribution to the game industry is so valuable, and I’m very happy we can share a piece of that with everyone.

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back with fellow Atriage member GadgetUK with another maintenance & repair video to help benefit us all. Continuing on with the problems on the MV1B board, Chris made this little gem and I think you'll all see why and be amazed. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"A short video covering an adapter I created to allow easy replacement of the ROM chip on a Neo Geo MV1B or MV1C board. Useful for Unibios or Diagnostics ROM."

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. Retro Fighting Games: Fatal Fury 2 2b50.png Again, Legendary Men Return... While the original Fatal Fury was a great beginning for the franchise, the sequel Fatal Fury 2 was the game that made it a hit 1f525.png#FGC #Retro_FGC #FatalFury #KOF #SNK #NeoGeopic.twitter.com/huaxuWytU2

DzsnJxyVsAIoXfr.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. How many of you want to see Mai Shiranui wear her classic outfit colors from her debut fighting game Fatal Fury 2 in Dead or Alive 6? #DeadorAlive #DeadorAlive6 #DOA6 #FatalFury2 #KingofFighters #KOF #MaiShiranui @DOATEC_OFFICIAL @deathofaninja @FreeStepDodgepic.twitter.com/qxVolqwlJu

DzlRY56WwAAbyBt.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

I need this in my bedroom badly :-D .

1. あのNEOGEOminiが大きなぬいぐるみになりました! ふかふかもっちもちな感触であなたに癒やしを届けます(^O^)ノ 2月18日(月)より玩拓の楽天ショップにて予約受付開始いたします! 数量限定商品ですのでこの機会に是非お買い求めください~!! ※当商品は弊社のみのお取り扱いとなります※pic.twitter.com/cIFP1S01WA

Translate Tweet

That Neogeomini became a big stuffed animal! I will heal you with a soft and fluffy touch. (^O^)ノ from Monday, February 18, we will start accepting reservations at the Rakuten shop in Taku. Please buy this opportunity by all means because it is a limited quantity product!! ※ This product is only handled by our company. ※

1. 1f579.png Cuddle up with this NEOGEO Mini BIG pillow plush for 22,500 yen... Would you buy this? 1f601.png On sale Feb. 18th exclusively at the Rakuten shop in Taku, Japan (via @GANTAKUofficial). #SNK #NeoGeo #NeoGeoMini #KOF #FGC #SNKヒロインズpic.twitter.com/ocbl755mRt

Dzk4DYZWwAAFSh_.jpg
    Dzk4E9eXcAM-S1p.jpg
    Dzk4HAvXgAAjb2o.jpg

Anthony...

How cool is that

• Like 1

Hi guys,

As for our American audience...as well for our Australian members/guest

Advertorial from Leisure Line Aug 1990. Good information about the test phase & launch of the MVS in Aus, and games available. #NeoGeopic.twitter.com/NaeRHko7Sn

C_wVbAMUwAAtsjw.jpg

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

1. We have new cover art from artist, @matsushita_8bit, for #SNK40th ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION on #PS4! See how carefully he was able to capture the magic from all 24 games in this collection into one image! Do you see your favorite? Preorder now: (http://bit.ly/SNKsS40p4 )pic.twitter.com/fq50gacp8n

Dzd3YsMUwAAssdI.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. SNKの催事イベントを広島で初開催! 2019年2月23日(土)より『SNK×東急ハンズ広島店』がスタート! #SNK https://prtimes.jp/main/html/rd/p/000000217.000028651.html pic.twitter.com/rlICUJQWBM

Translate Tweet

The first event of SNK is held in Hiroshima! From Saturday, February 23, 2019, the "Snk× Tokyu Hands Hiroshima shop" started! #SNK https://prtimes.jp/main/html/rd/p/000000217.000028651.html

Dzp-xqzVAAA7_Ja.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 【DLC第1弾 SNKコラボキャラクター登場決定!】 「不知火舞」が追加キャラクターとして登場! さらにもう1人の登場が決定!配信は6月を予定! 『 #DOA6』にどのような姿で登場するか、など詳細は続報を待て! https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doa6/news190215b.html #DOA6 #SNK #KOF14pic.twitter.com/vXdXwhv0xj

Translate Tweet

[DLC first series SNK collaboration character appeared decision! ] [Mai Shiranui] appeared as an additional character! The appearance of another one is determined! Delivery scheduled for June! #DOA6 how to appear in the [], and more details, wait for the sequel! https://www. gamecity.ne.jp/doa6/news190215b.html #DOA6 #SNK #KOF14

DzbRARqU8AAFXQX.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. EVOJAPANでもKOF大盛りあがりでしたね! 2月23日は都内でKOFXIV国際親善イベントとして、無料対戦会&トーナメント開催!どなたでも無料で参加できますので、ぜひお越しください!(トーナメントは事前エントリーにご協力下さい) 詳細はこちらhttp://buttonmashers-game.com/kofxivhaneda190223/ pic.twitter.com/0QJ32yqVRL

Translate Tweet

Evojapan KOF was a great upsurge! As a KOFXIV international friendly event in Tokyo on February 23rd, free competition and tournaments are held! Anyone can join for free, so please come by all means! (Please cooperate with advance entry for tournament) details http://buttonmashers-game.com/kofxivhaneda190223/

Dzma9N7UwAA66zB.png

Anthony...

Hey up all :waving: I thought you might like to see my converted MVS 2 slot system :twisted:

I have owned this now for some years one of the slots is a little temperamental and only works when it want too. Any ideas :idea: what up let me know am going for dry solder joint? any way its a great way to play MVS cartridges in the comfort of your own home.

Really do love this old system of mine she is a little battered and I keep meaning to give her a new paint job, but there is always something else to do LOL

IMG 0861

IMG 0867

IMG 0866

IMG 0864

IMG 0862

IMG 0868

Keep playing you lot

Regards

Bill

Edited by BettyHordeClinic
  • Like 1

Hey up all :waving: I thought you might like to see my converted MVS 2 slot system :twisted:

I have owned this now for some years one of the slots is a little temperamental and only works when it want too. Any ideas :idea: what up let me know am going for dry solder joint? any way its a great way to play MVS cartridges in the comfort of your own home.

Really do love this old system of mine she is a little battered and I keep meaning to give her a new paint job, but there is always something else to do LOL

Keep playing you lot

Regards

Bill

Hey Big Bill,

Nice to see you on with as as always and a great 2 slot CMVS unit you got in your possession as well.

I know just the man that can help you with this unit. His name is GadgetUK (Chris) and he's an Atariage member as well. Chris does amazing work and lives in the UK. He's our "go to" fella for those in the United Kingdom that if our members or guest needs help with there units in the UK, I forward them to the kind sir, or ask him to stop by to have a look on here.

Here's the link to his profile Big Bill, I'm sure if you PM him, he can offer his advice and knowledge for sure. Hope this helps Big Bill :)

http://atariage.com/forums/user/32460-gadgetuk/

Anthony..

• Like 1

Have you tried cleaning the slots up? See my 6 slot video - I think I covered it in that vid. There's also a 4 slot and 2 slot video coming up where I will show the tecnique again there. Basically fold a piece of paper 4 times over, and coat the edge with IPA (as pure to 100% as you can get), or deoxit, and push and and out of the slot as you move it along.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back with madlittlepixel with a great video involving the NeoGeo Mini on it's controller. But here we see something special with a modification to it Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"Today we take a look at a quick and easy Neo Geo Mini Controller stick mod that makes playing the games more comfortable and easy. I feel like this mod gives a bit more precision over movements than using the original thumb stick. "

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 【2.23】そして今週末はKOF国際親善イベントに追加情報! ネオジオワールドツアーの予選イベントとして代表を決めるトーナメントを行います! また、イベント終了後には交流会も開催しますので、ぜひ皆さんお誘い合わせの上、ご参加下さい。 #KOF14 http://buttonmashers-game.com/kofxivhaneda190223/ pic.twitter.com/jgRjMd09Qb

Translate Tweet

[2.23] and this weekend additional information on KOF International friendly event! The tournament will be held as a qualifying event for the Neo Geo world tour! Also, we will hold an Exchange meeting after the event, so please come and join us. #KOF14 http://buttonmashers-game.com/kofxivhaneda190223/

Dzwvjt0U8AIS32F.jpg
    Dzwvjt1UUAAcr-O.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 【SNK 40th Anniversary Collection】 收錄24款1979-1989年的SNK經典人氣作品(包含DLC) 已在任天堂Switch上推出, 將於3月登陸PS4 1f30f.pnghttps://snk40th.com/ 03.19.2019 (US) 03.22.2019 (EU) 03.29.2019 (ANZ) #SNK #SNK40th #SNKCollectionpic.twitter.com/eqjUIUfVOT

Translate Tweet
    Translated from Chinese by Microsoft

DzqtVzFU0AA76nU.jpg
    DzqtWlGU0AApJJm.jpg

Anthony...