IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

6 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

You're welcome Sir Lais. Glad you're enjoying it. That particular NGPC is the limited edition Hanshin Tigers. A professional Baseball team that is location in Hyogo, Japan. The team still exist to this day. ;-)

Anthony..

Japan sure loves their baseball. Even tho this sport is alien to me, I like the impact it had the NGPC ?

• Like 1

This looks interesting. I might actually consider getting the limited edition for this one. I spent all of my cash for fun stuff this month already, though, so I will probably not, especially since I'd prefer to use the Neo Geo CD controller instead of the PS4 controller. Still, I'll consider it.

I heard somewhere the the third one was going to be like a bartop arcade... like, the fight stick with a screen attached or a larger version of the mini.

Wow thanks and yes, nothing has changed.  Just PM me the full details and I'll do what I need to.

It's done. I'll look up your details when I get back from looking at my former roommate's broken Genesis.

The game doctor makes house calls. :)
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, CZroe said:

I heard somewhere the the third one was going to be like a bartop arcade... like, the fight stick with a screen attached or a larger version of the mini.

Interesting... I hope it turns out to be something good, whatever it is. They keep releasing emulator boxes and I wish they'd make an actual new Neo Geo with modern hardware. That's not going to happen, of course, but it would be nice.

• Like 1

Interesting... I hope it turns out to be something good, whatever it is. They keep releasing emulator boxes and I wish they'd make an actual new Neo Geo with modern hardware. That's not going to happen, of course, but it would be nice.
This is why I think Analogue should pitch a collaboration. Like, point out the reasons fans were disappointed by the Neo Geo X and the Mini and show that an FPGA Neo Geo would satisfy everyone. Since SNK hasn't done much better on their own with the mini and they have been willing to work with Tommo in the past, maybe they will be willing to give Analogue a crack at it. :)
  • Like 1

Hi All,

Here is some gameplay footage of myself playing the extravagant Neo Geo Mini.

Its my personal favourite mini console. 

This footage is dedicated to the man Sir Anthony and to mark the 6th year anniversary (24th of March) of this forum.

NeoGeoAndI.png

Edited by isolated_gamerz
  • Like 2

I got my Mini last week and have been enjoying it! So far, I've focused mostly on Blazing Star. I hadn't really heard of it before. The CG is handled really well and enemies transition from the background to the field of play very smoothly. It's excellent!

I looked around to see if anyone has made a base/pedestal for display purposes, and I found some simple kits that can be imported from Japan... but it looks like they are mostly in the range of $30-40 plus another ~$30 for shipping. That would be about twice what I paid for the Mini, so I think I might actually opt to make something comparable with wood.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zoyous said:

I got my Mini last week and have been enjoying it! So far, I've focused mostly on Blazing Star. I hadn't really heard of it before. The CG is handled really well and enemies transition from the background to the field of play very smoothly. It's excellent!

I looked around to see if anyone has made a base/pedestal for display purposes, and I found some simple kits that can be imported from Japan... but it looks like they are mostly in the range of $30-40 plus another ~$30 for shipping. That would be about twice what I paid for the Mini, so I think I might actually opt to make something comparable with wood.

Hey Zoyous,

Glad that you're enjoying the Neo-Geo Mini. That was really a great price to pick it up for just $30 bucks. Blazing Star is a fantastic shooter for the Neo-Geo in general. Even when the Neo-Geo was already 8 years old, SNK was still making top quality games like this one for the gamers to have fun with. We would love to read more on your other titles on the unit that you played and what you think of them bro. ;-)

Anthony..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, isolated_gamerz said:

Hi All,

Here is some gameplay footage of myself playing the extravagant Neo Geo Mini.

Its my personal favourite mini console. 

This footage is dedicated to the man Sir Anthony and to mark the 6th year anniversary (24th of March) of this forum.

Oh wow! What a fantastic video of you in action playing the Neo-Geo Mini bro. Top notch choices with Blues Journey and Metal Slug 3. From their earlys to later on when the unit became 10 years old. Glad you had fun with them Lais. Always in the mood to see gamers like yourself sharing their content for us to benefit from. Puts a smile on my face no doubt. 8^)

Thank you for sharing this Lais. I also posted a comment on your video on your channel as well. 8^)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 2

Hi guys,

今月のサムスピイベントエントリー開始いたしました! 新DLCいろはを加え新しい環境でのイベントとなります!沢山のエントリーお待ちしております! エントリーはコチラから https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeuSNAZ1BqQBUK7oZpRq75r3XhRDyfven_aIAPyIGxylU8-0Q/viewform

Translated from Japanese by
This month's Samspi event entry has started! It will be an event in a new environment with the addition of the new DLC Iroha! We are waiting for many entries! Click here for entry https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeuSNAZ1BqQBUK7oZpRq75r3XhRDyfven_aIAPyIGxylU8-0Q/viewform

Quote Tweet

u5SNkNmc_normal.jpg

ボタンマッシャーズ

@BUTTONMASHERSJP
· 22h
5/23 サムライスピリッツオンライントーナメント「古今無双」開催! 実況、解説 雪之丞/BON @yukinojoooo @bon_kof 運営協力 ときざみ @tokizami2 エントリーはDiscordにログイン後、運営からの連絡チャンネルをご確認下さい。 Discord http://discord.gg/bfTdBZf メイン放送 http://youtu.be/0AcuGGu4r6o

7:45 AM · May 17, 2020·Twitter Web App

Anthony...

Hi guys,

ご機嫌で円盤に乗るマーピー。 いや…あの、それは空飛ぶ円盤じゃなくて、お掃除する円盤ですけど…。 #StayHome

#メタルスラッグ
Murpee rides on a disc in a good mood. No ... well, it's not a flying disc, it's a cleaning disc ... #StayHome

#メタルスラッグ

10:08 PM · May 14, 2020

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

おはようございます。 昨日はいちごが安かったので、いちごムースを作ってみました ٩( 'ω' )و (器から出すとき失敗したので)若干崩れてるというツッコミなしで! 今週もよろしくお願いします!
Good morning. Since strawberry was cheap yesterday, I tried making strawberry mousse ٩ ('ω') و (Because I failed when I took it out of the bowl) Without the tsukkomi that it was a little broken! I look forward to working with you this week!

8:46 PM · May 17, 2020

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Here's the latest from NGDEVTEAM in there newset newsletter that was sent today.

Newsletter:
[NGDEV] Kraut Buster AES CE (collector edition) shipping and more

Dear customers,

Topics of this newsletter:

- Shipping of Kraut Buster AES CE

- Kraut Buster MVS final software update v1.02

- Upcoming Gunlord X Switch physical release

------------------------------------------------------

Kraut Buster AES CE

Finally after an extremely long wait we are ready to ship Kraut Buster AES CE (collector edition). Thanks you again for bearing with us.

A new picture is on Facebook and Twitter.

The CE comes with the following exclusive items:

- exclusive insert design
- exclusive cartridge label design
- 1 unique limitation number postcard + holographic sticker on the cartridge
- 1 original soundtrack CD
- 3 DIN A3 posters
- 3 postcards
- 3 bookmarker stickers

PCBs, cartridge shells and snapcase box are new higher quality designs.

Shipping starts Monday 25th May to EU, Canada and Japan.
We will start to create the shipping list with addresses tomorrow night or latest the day after.

Due to the Corvid-19 situation we can't ship to the USA for now with our shipping contract "Warenpost". We will package all USA orders like normal and put them into storage until shipping opens again. We then can react quickly once it's open. Alternative shipping options with crisis fees maybe available to the USA, but seem to cost 2-3 times as much. We don't have the resources right now to pay for the difference. But we will look into finding a way.

All EU countries, Canada and Japan are open.

You can find details about your countries shipping situation here:
https://www.deutschepost.de/en/c/coronavirus.html

FAQ->Are there any restrictions to international mail and parcel services?
We use the product "Warenpost" for global shipping.

If your address has changed since your KB AES CE order please contact us. Changing your address in the shop system is not applied to open orders.

Kraut Buster AES regular edition

Shipping of the 1st batch of Kraut Buster AES regular edition starts about 3 weeks after we shipped the CE version. We already have the PCBs for the first batch on stock.

Due to the large amount of cartridges we need to build and ship them in 3 to 4 batches.

We will announce each batch with a newsletter.

It will take at least two months to build and ship them all. After that we ship the Kraut Buster 2nd print and then last but not least Fast Striker AES 2nd print. The reason that Fast Striker AES 2nd print is shipped after Kraut Buster 2nd print is simply that they use different PCB and memory configurations.

Kraut Buster MVS update

The final software update for Kraut Buster MVS is available here:

v1.02

- major fix: MCU reset bug: stage 4 (submarine cave)
- added the knife back into c-mode
- added option to enable weapon loss at death (goes back to HMG)
- improved character select via button on continue use (A=John, B=Jack, C=Valeria)
- fix: soft dip settings on Japanese BIOS
- various bug fixes

v1.01

- fix: on uni-bios systems: error message/memory viewer after gameover/playthrough of missions > 1 / on stock bios fixes reset
- timer symbol ":" blinks if timer is above 9:59
- reduced hit points of some bigger enemies to reduce coin eating "grindiness" especially in the final rooms of the game
- weapon "Schrotflinte" is over powered in c-mode. Reduced it's splits by 2 units.
- demo attract mode sound fix
- small fixes
- added secret mask "Schwein" (pig) for a "Schütze Arsch" (grunt) über challenge mode
- increased i-frames (invincible) from 120 to 180 frames

http://www.ngdevteam.com/…/u…/krautbuster/KBUPDATE_v1_02.zip

Gunlord X for Switch

Physical editions of Gunlord X for Switch will be soon available exclusively in our shop. All Switch items will be in stock and will be ready to ship to EU/Canada/Japan. For USA the shipping seems to be closed by USPS for now. We will hold them as pre-orders.

There will be a Limited Edition (less than 999 units) and a regular edition (less than 1800 units)

We will send an additional newsletter with more details after we shipped Kraut Buster AES CE.

Best regards

NGDEV

Image may contain: indoor

Anthony...

15 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

おはようございます。 昨日はいちごが安かったので、いちごムースを作ってみました ٩( 'ω' )و (器から出すとき失敗したので)若干崩れてるというツッコミなしで! 今週もよろしくお願いします!
Good morning. Since strawberry was cheap yesterday, I tried making strawberry mousse ٩ ('ω') و (Because I failed when I took it out of the bowl) Without the tsukkomi that it was a little broken! I look forward to working with you this week!

8:46 PM · May 17, 2020

Anthony...

there cool love the alien mmm and the strawberry mousse looks lush

I wish NGdev wasn't so heavy handed in their NG pricing I think I'd like a few of their games on my cabinet.  I just can't rationalize paying that much because it just feels greedy at that $500 mark.  I know it's not the 90s anymore or early 00s but those MVS carts back then, didn't they cost around 1/2 that, or at least the AES versions did not that it should matter much at this rate.

I think this right here though, says it all, enjoy:

https://retrogamesuperhyper.com/2020/04/01/retro-game-superhyper-for-neo-geo-mvs-redefines-game-pricing/

On 5/17/2020 at 9:12 PM, CZroe said:

This is why I think Analogue should pitch a collaboration. Like, point out the reasons fans were disappointed by the Neo Geo X and the Mini and show that an FPGA Neo Geo would satisfy everyone. Since SNK hasn't done much better on their own with the mini and they have been willing to work with Tommo in the past, maybe they will be willing to give Analogue a crack at it. :)

That would be very nice, and it also gives Analogue something meaningful to do. I'm starting to wonder about them, especially now that the MiSTer is becoming increasingly popular. SNK doesn't exactly do things that make sense these days, so it would be nice to see this happen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I wish NGdev wasn't so heavy handed in their NG pricing I think I'd like a few of their games on my cabinet.  I just can't rationalize paying that much because it just feels greedy at that $500 mark.  I know it's not the 90s anymore or early 00s but those MVS carts back then, didn't they cost around 1/2 that, or at least the AES versions did not that it should matter much at this rate.

I think this right here though, says it all, enjoy:

https://retrogamesuperhyper.com/2020/04/01/retro-game-superhyper-for-neo-geo-mvs-redefines-game-pricing/

Thank you for the link Tanooki. I remember seeing this and laughing at the $14,999 price tag. :D

But my problem with NGDEVTEAM is the insane delays that they do. Personally, I've been waiting for Kraut Buster 1st print CE for the AES since 2015. And now they said U.S. buyers of the game will not be receiving it yet. I remember others in the community refuse to buy any of there games because of their business tactics, but I've just patiently waiting for the game to come out....Irritated, but still waiting.  

Anthony..

Yeah their delays are inexcusable.  Maybe up front, but they've been at it a few years now and still can't deliver a damn thing in a respectable amount of time especially considering the pricing they're demanding.  I seriously doubt their expenses on two boards with chips, plastic shell (which you can buy I thin on the aftermarket for a single shot person for like $8+shipping I saw on etsy), and some paper/stickers they honestly can justify $500 a game.  So while I stand on my part I equally agree with yours too as their delivery is awful.  I know I could get some of them on Switch or PC I suppose (dreamcast if I had one) but I'd rather stick to what was intended but the pricing is disgusting.  I look at what stuff like from the era goes for and they're right up with like Twinkle Star Sprites and a few other upper tier sticker shock titles.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tanooki said:

Yeah their delays are inexcusable.  Maybe up front, but they've been at it a few years now and still can't deliver a damn thing in a respectable amount of time especially considering the pricing they're demanding.  I seriously doubt their expenses on two boards with chips, plastic shell (which you can buy I thin on the aftermarket for a single shot person for like $8+shipping I saw on etsy), and some paper/stickers they honestly can justify $500 a game.  So while I stand on my part I equally agree with yours too as their delivery is awful.  I know I could get some of them on Switch or PC I suppose (dreamcast if I had one) but I'd rather stick to what was intended but the pricing is disgusting.  I look at what stuff like from the era goes for and they're right up with like Twinkle Star Sprites and a few other upper tier sticker shock titles.

I remember when they introduced the original Last hope in 2005-2006 and they wanted 700 Euros for it. Now during that time period when it was first annoced, the currency was strong and transferring the money from American Dollars made it almost to $950 dollars for it. Plus, they didn't take Paypal as a form of payment. So you had to wire them money and pay the Western Union fees as well. Only 60 were available and didn't offer a blank cartridge or a casing box for it. That had to be supplied on your own, or you can pay an additional cost from them to provided you with both. Even back then, their prices were astronomical.

Amazingly, I was going to sell or pawn my other Neo-Geo goodies for it at the time. But I said it just wasn't worth doing so.

Anthony...

• Like 1

Ive been thinking the same thing as you guys lately. It's been 5 years! Who knows when people in the US will get their games. Its pretty crazy that they want to charge you more to ship through a different company. After 5 years of waiting maybe they should pony up the money to get their customers what they are owed. Atleast they always make quality games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Punisher5.0 said:

Ive been thinking the same thing as you guys lately. It's been 5 years! Who knows when people in the US will get their games. Its pretty crazy that they want to charge you more to ship through a different company. After 5 years of waiting maybe they should pony up the money to get their customers what they are owed. Atleast they always make quality games.

So true Punisher. So true. 

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【イベント予告】 「本当に助かった。どうも俺はこの手の作業が不得手でな。」 5月21日(木)14:00よりイベント「極限焼肉繁盛記!」が開催予定

ゲーム内お知らせの「2020年5月下旬のスケジュール」をご確認ください。 #KOFG #KOF乙女
[Event notice] "It was really helpful. I'm not good at this kind of work." The event “Extreme Yakiniku Prosperity Record!” Will be held from 14:00 on Thursday, May 21.

Please check the "May 2020 Schedule" in the in-game notice. #KOFG#KOF乙女

5:00 AM · May 18, 2020

Anthony..