IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

I figured as it’s raining again I would have a #FatalFury 3 night with a few beers on the #NeoGeo AES and listen to the awesome soundtrack whilst reading some Manga and maybe watch a #laserdisc who’s in? #retrogaming #SNK #GarouDensetsu

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Metal Slug was released on this day 24 year ago for the NEO GEO AES. What is your favorite title in the series? #NEOGEO #SNK #ネオジオ #retrogaming #retrocollective #gamesyouloved #arcade #retrogamer #RetroGames #videogames #FGC #GamersUnite

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Metal Slug: Super Vehicle - 001 is celebrating anniversary! Today (2020-5-24) makes 24 years since the game was originally launched. #PlayStation #NeoGeo #Saturn #NeoGeoCD #Arcade #WiiShop #PC #iPhone #Android #XboxOne #PlayStation4 #NintendoSwitch

Anthony...

How many in here like have a good clue if I showed a few images off my phone like what all I'd need to do to restore some form of an EL panel setup into my MVS? I popped part of the back off a few hours ago and snapped some shots up from the rear getting some wiring, plugs and run up into the back of the marquee box up top.  I'm almost thinking what is there is outright independent hotwired in to light the entire box currently.  If that's the case I'm betting with the el panel wiring, pcb and other wiring up to added panels could create an odd opportunity to non-stock light the whole box still AND have the panels too.

Also any recommendations on where to get some mini marquees?  I have quite a few but at this rate if someone can make a bootleg of them 1:1 or almost indistinguishably close quality I may want to do a batch order for the games I lack.  Ebay filth (even pre-pandemic) have been making anything that isn't some dumpy over-run fighter cost like $20-40+ a piece on them which is revolting.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

How many in here like have a good clue if I showed a few images off my phone like what all I'd need to do to restore some form of an EL panel setup into my MVS? I popped part of the back off a few hours ago and snapped some shots up from the rear getting some wiring, plugs and run up into the back of the marquee box up top.  I'm almost thinking what is there is outright independent hotwired in to light the entire box currently.  If that's the case I'm betting with the el panel wiring, pcb and other wiring up to added panels could create an odd opportunity to non-stock light the whole box still AND have the panels too.

Also any recommendations on where to get some mini marquees?  I have quite a few but at this rate if someone can make a bootleg of them 1:1 or almost indistinguishably close quality I may want to do a batch order for the games I lack.  Ebay filth (even pre-pandemic) have been making anything that isn't some dumpy over-run fighter cost like $20-40+ a piece on them which is revolting.

Unfortunately, I'm not tech savvy like so many on the forums here Tanooki. But would love to see how far you made off with your works. ;-)

Now in regards to mini marquees, do you have any particular ones you're looking for?

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

大好評開催中「THE KING OF FIGHTERS’98展〜KOFオロチ編 in 墓場の餓狼」 本日ご紹介するのは八神庵パンツです!お値段は6,600円(税込)です。 普段使いにコスプレに大変おすすめとなっています! https://store.hakabanogarou.jp/shop/shopdetail.html?brandcode=000000002760

Translated from Japanese by
"THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98 Exhibition-KOF Orochi in Graveyard Fear Wolf" Today I would like to introduce the Yagami-an pants! The price is 6,600 yen (tax included). Recommended for everyday use and highly recommended for cosplay! https://store.hakabanogarou.jp/shop/shopdetail.html?brandcode=000000002760

【ポイント2倍】THE KING OF FIGHTERS 98/八神庵パンツ

Anthony...

Hi guys,

大好評開催中「THE KING OF FIGHTERS’98展〜KOFオロチ編 in 墓場の餓狼」 本日ご紹介するのはテリーボガード)Tシャツ4,000円(税別)です

フロントはシンプルなボックスロゴで何にでも合わせやすくなってます! 暑くなってきたこの季節に一枚いかがですか? https://store.hakabanogarou.jp/shopdetail/000000003324/ct224/page1/recommend/

#kof98
"THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98 Exhibition-KOF Orochi in Graveyard Fear Wolf" Terry Bogard T-shirt ¥ 4,000 (tax excluded)

The simple box logo on the front makes it easy to match anything! How about a piece in this hot season? https://store.hakabanogarou.jp/shopdetail/000000003324/ct224/page1/recommend/

【ポイント2倍】THE KING OF FIGHTERS 98/Tシャツ(テリーボガード) WHITE

Anthony...
Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

「SAMURAI SPIRITS」から トレーディングミニキャンバスボードが登場!DLCキャラを含む全24人のエピローグイラストが手のひらサイズのキャンバスボードになりました!そのまま飾れるミニイーゼル付き♪ https://snk-onlineshop.com/item/4580015699049.html

#SNK #サムライスピリッツ
Trading mini canvas board from "SAMURAI SPIRITS"! A total of 24 epilogue illustrations including DLC characters have become a palm-sized canvas board! With mini easel that can be displayed as it is ♪ https://snk-onlineshop.com/item/4580015699049.html

#SNK#サムライスピリッツ

2:10 AM · May 14, 2020

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Chips on Steroids (Neotris) has begun the development of Galaxy Guns for NEOGEO AES/MVS. It mixes run'n gun and shmup phases. A playable demo should be out by September. Concept video: https://youtube.com/watch?v=ITMnouDYSgY

More info: https://arcadebelgium.net/t6287-galaxy-guns

#arcade #NEOGEO #shmup #STG

12:21 AM · May 24, 2020·

Anthony..

• Like 2

22 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Unfortunately, I'm not tech savvy like so many on the forums here Tanooki. But would love to see how far you made off with your works. ;-)

Now in regards to mini marquees, do you have any particular ones you're looking for?

Anthony..

I don't think the images would be of much fun or use if someone didn't have a solid clue.  As to the minis, basically this is a little list of stuff I keep for systems and this is the neo geo one, anything that doesn't say 'kit' 'mini marquee' or some variant and only lists the game name alone I'd be likely interested if the price is right(for original) or as a cheap repop-ish 1:1 style close stuff. http://tanooki.byethost16.com/neogeo.html

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Starting May 26th (PDT), Twitch Prime is offering seven popular SNK games for a limited time! Celebrating 30 years of NEOGEO! Experience NEOGEO’s best for free through Twitch Prime! #SNK #NEOGEO #TwitchPrime https://snk-corp.co.jp/us/press/2020/052501/

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

KOF-ANB-本日更新です。 よろしくお願いします。
KOF-ANB-Updated today. Thank you.
11:02 AM · May 24, 2020

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【What's this?】 突然ですが、クイズです! これはなんでしょう? #StayHome

#SNK
[What's this?] Suddenly, it's a quiz! What is this? #StayHome

#SNK

10:01 PM · May 24, 2020

Anthony..

Greetings, fellow Neo Geo hot dogs. I think it's been a while since I stopped by. I passed on PS4 KOF 98, but here is an extremely blurry picture of a not-fighting game that I bought today that is supposedly pretty awesome. Also got a memory card, but it's in my Neo Geo and I'm too tired to go pull it out to take a picture.

Pic_0525_327.thumb.jpg.adf4498d3e790921f110481d202a4bdd.jpg

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1

Okay, so apparently this game is supposed to be able to use the memory card.

I tried testing it by getting to level 2 and then intentionally getting a game over, then I press yes when it asks if I want to save. Then without turning off the Neo Geo or hitting reset, it puts me back at level 1. Same thing if I power cycle my Neo Geo. Any advice? Bad memory card?

By the way, I found and tried a Neo Geo X in Trader today and I didn't particularly like it. The stick just feels super cheap. No thanks. They want 13800 yen for it, and it has the system itself, the dock thingy, and the USB AES controller that goes with it. The dock is pretty scratched, though.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 2

Hi all, new here.

I absolutely adore the Neo-geo. Never had one as a kid, they were always that elusive machine that no one in my circle owned or even knew anyone that owned. I'm trying now to gather up all the games I want that have been re-released on modern hardware. Ideally I'd like to just purchase roms for the flexibility but that seems unlikely. From some experimentation I've found;

Dotemu emulation releases (Steam/GoG) - Pretty lousy, laggy, poor sound emulation. I imagine these are what Twitch Prime will be giving away. Curious if the roms can be extracted.

PS2 Classics on PS4 - Not great. Some are OK (Fatal Fury Collection) but some feel laggy to me. I guess they're PS4 emulating a PS2 emulating a Neogeo!

Code Mystics - Really good with some nice extras and added rollback netplay to some.

Hamster ACA - I really like these. Emulation is great (I have MS:X on both Hamster and Dotemu and the Hamster port is way more responsive and doesn't have missing audio). The only downside here I think is the lousy scanline filter which has really excessive blurring. I have about half a dozen of these, the only one that seems a bit off is Top Hunter. It feels like it's dropping inputs. Push a button and some time the action doesn't come out. It's weird. Never played the original so can't say if it's supposed to be like that or I'm imagining it. I'd like to buy a bunch more of these but I'd at least like to know if they're going to be backwards compatible on the PS5 given it's so close. I wish these were on Steam and I could pull the roms out. I know they're on the Windows store also but I can't say I'm keen on owning titles there. It seems like Hamster hold the current licensing agreement for NG with SNK so I can't imagine we'll see many titles from other companies.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

More from NGDEVTEAM on with Newsletter on Facebook.

1170822_570007833055495_1120686779_n.png

Newsletter [NGDEV] Gunlord X for Nintendo Switch Physical

Dear customers,

we are happy to announce that our first physical release for Nintendo Switch "Gunlord X" will be available for order on 30th May 2020. 18:00 German time zone (Berlin)

Actual shipping starts 8th June.

Gunlord X is a vastly improved port of Gunlord. We added new bosses, made the maps bigger and better. We added new enemies and a complete new jet pack flying stage with new music. We also added a new newgame+ speed run mechanic.

Details about the improvements can be found here http://www.gun-lord.com/

and here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnhcUJt3FVs

We release a limited edition less than 999 units and a regular edition (less than 1999 units available).

For the LE we recommend to create a shop account beforehand and load enough money to your PayPal balance. Our shop system will be very slow.

On the first two dates 30/31th we limit the amount to two per customer. After that the limit will be removed.

You can preview the products here:

https://www.ngdevdirect.com

All items are already in stock and unlock 30th May.

Due to the Corvid-19 situation shipping to the USA is temporarily not possible with our shipping contract.
Orders from US customers are treated as pre-orders and will ship as soon as possible.

The current Deutsche Post shipping situation can be monitored here:
https://www.deutschepost.de/en/c/coronavirus.html

FAQ->Are there any restrictions to international mail and parcel services?
We use the product "Warenpost International" for global shipping.

Hinweis fuer Deutsche Kunden:
Verkauf nur an Volljaehrige.
Der Versand erfolgt als DHL 2KG Paket inkl. ab 18 Alterssichtpruefung

Best regards,
NGDEV

No photo description available.

Anthony..

14 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Greetings, fellow Neo Geo hot dogs. I think it's been a while since I stopped by. I passed on PS4 KOF 98, but here is an extremely blurry picture of a not-fighting game that I bought today that is supposedly pretty awesome. Also got a memory card, but it's in my Neo Geo and I'm too tired to go pull it out to take a picture.

Oh wow! A superb choice Steve. I love Magician Lord. It's my favorite title on the Neo-Geo and the game that introduced me to the MVS thanks to this game. Tough as nails it is, but very enjoyable to say the least. Glad you have in in your collection. ;-) :thumbsup:

Now in regards to the Memory Card, I think that you might need to change the battery in it. Those are just about 30 years old and after awhile the battery would have to be replaced. 

Anthony..

7 hours ago, SeeNoWeeevil said:

Hi all, new here.

I absolutely adore the Neo-geo. Never had one as a kid, they were always that elusive machine that no one in my circle owned or even knew anyone that owned. I'm trying now to gather up all the games I want that have been re-released on modern hardware. Ideally I'd like to just purchase roms for the flexibility but that seems unlikely. From some experimentation I've found;

Dotemu emulation releases (Steam/GoG) - Pretty lousy, laggy, poor sound emulation. I imagine these are what Twitch Prime will be giving away. Curious if the roms can be extracted.

PS2 Classics on PS4 - Not great. Some are OK (Fatal Fury Collection) but some feel laggy to me. I guess they're PS4 emulating a PS2 emulating a Neogeo!

Code Mystics - Really good with some nice extras and added rollback netplay to some.

Hamster ACA - I really like these. Emulation is great (I have MS:X on both Hamster and Dotemu and the Hamster port is way more responsive and doesn't have missing audio). The only downside here I think is the lousy scanline filter which has really excessive blurring. I have about half a dozen of these, the only one that seems a bit off is Top Hunter. It feels like it's dropping inputs. Push a button and some time the action doesn't come out. It's weird. Never played the original so can't say if it's supposed to be like that or I'm imagining it. I'd like to buy a bunch more of these but I'd at least like to know if they're going to be backwards compatible on the PS5 given it's so close. I wish these were on Steam and I could pull the roms out. I know they're on the Windows store also but I can't say I'm keen on owning titles there. It seems like Hamster hold the current licensing agreement for NG with SNK so I can't imagine we'll see many titles from other companies.

Hi SeeNoWeeevil,

Welcome to AtariAge and The Official NEO-GEO Thread. Were glad to have you aboard with us and we hope you'll enjoy your stay here. Plenty to talk about and never a dull moment on the forums here. ;-) 

Awesome that you love the Neo-Geo. It's my favorite and so many fantastic titles on there to play. So many memories in the arcade switching through the select buttons to tryout all that were available to enjoy having fun with. 

I agree. The Playstation 4 trying to emulate with the PS2 SNK ports wasn't a good attempt. I do have to say that the actual physical ports on the PS2 are fantastic and have them in the collection. They're not expensive and still widely available on Ebay and Amazon to purchase.

Yes, Hamster ACA did a wonderful job. They're the best so far for downloadable purchasing. Glad they done so, they helped out greatly and all said the same as they knew what they were doing to allow for fun gaming.

Thinking of purchasing a Neo-Geo Mini? Great time to purchase one since the International version is cheap these days. A week or two ago, they had them for sale for $29.99. It's up back to $59.99, but still not bad considering when they were fresh on the market, they were over $120.00 bucks.

Thank you for stopping by See. We look forward on having you on with us posting away and reading up on your Neo-Geo endeavors here for sure. Have fun on the forums bro. ;-)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

3 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Oh wow! A superb choice Steve. I love Magician Lord. It's my favorite title on the Neo-Geo and the game that introduced me to the MVS thanks to this game. Tough as nails it is, but very enjoyable to say the least. Glad you have in in your collection. ;-) :thumbsup:

Now in regards to the Memory Card, I think that you might need to change the battery in it. Those are just about 30 years old and after awhile the battery would have to be replaced. 

Anthony..

Really? Magician Lord? An interesting choice. I'm starting to like it more as I play it more.

Somehow my memory card works now, too. I didn't really do anything differently. Maybe I just didn't have it plugged in properly or something. I did leave it in my Neo Geo and left the Neo Geo plugged in overnight, but I don't think that should change anything.

1 hour ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Really? Magician Lord? An interesting choice. I'm starting to like it more as I play it more.

Somehow my memory card works now, too. I didn't really do anything differently. Maybe I just didn't have it plugged in properly or something. I did leave it in my Neo Geo and left the Neo Geo plugged in overnight, but I don't think that should change anything.

Well that's good to know about the memory card Steve. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. ;-)

Yeah, that right Steve. Magician Lord is my favorite on the Neo-Geo, it started it all for me and for 30 years, it's never a dull moment playing that gem of a title. Glad you like it. ;-)

Anthony..