IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

10 minutes ago, Sapicco said:

So I really want a neo geo. And I really want baseball stars professional 2. It seems like a bad idea and a big investment. Can someone let me know the best way to pick one up and how much it might run me?

Well, if you don't absolutely need a Neo Geo, check out ACA NEOGEO, as it has the majority of the MVS games available there and at a much lower price than you'll find any real Neo Geo game cart.

Still, I do really enjoy having a Neo Geo now that I have one, and playing it on an emulated solution like ACA NEOGEO, no matter how good it is, won't be 100% the same as playing a game on a real Neo Geo, even if it's just the novelty of having a real arcade system in your house.

Also check out the MiSTer, which can act as a very excellent FPGA Neo Geo and even accept real Neo Geo controllers with a controller adaptor.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zoyous said:

It's never to late bro! You can build on your foundation, and who knows, maybe some new opportunities will come along, different from the ones before but still cool.

I meant not going to happen is going there.  I'd have to get rich or get a divorce as she wants nothing to do with the entire Asian total area or culture, she's very euro-centric, british northern areas too.  I've recently taken up listening to a little bit of Japanese music, Daoko, Oresama, etc (most being on youtube.)  It kind of helps me remember how to listen to the sounds for the words even if I can't grasp almost any of it anymore.  20 years ago in school they had us go through these books and they had companion tapes about this doofus named Yan (Let's Learn Japanese) and they were highly effective, those are the videos on there, and I still have my old workbooks and had vol1-2 (recently bought #3 I lacked) along with a dictionary and a bit more here all in my desk.  When I was good I was slowly picking away at translation of Japanese emulator (windows) menus and hacking them into english, even did a translation/faq file of the whole Hokuto no Ken 6 SFC manual with a half japanese co-worker at the time.  I used to be able to work my way through most games menus and a few other basic bits, just downright story in adventures+rpgs were too much.

32 minutes ago, Sapicco said:

So I really want a neo geo. And I really want baseball stars professional 2. It seems like a bad idea and a big investment. Can someone let me know the best way to pick one up and how much it might run me?

Building off steve there... another choice, a good one enough, the Neo Geo Mini.  They retailed once for $120, but starting last black Friday time they dropped to $50 often, and ever since they seem to weekly or bi-weekly come back down to $50 if not on rare occasion even $30.  Now they do not have Baseball Stars 2 on there, but there is a lot of games (and if you're not super jacked on fighters, the International one has an even blend and is more metal slug centric, Japan has like 2/3 fighters.)  If the stick and buttons on it bug you, you can buy new controllers for just north of $20 on ebay, and with one simple generic minihdmi to HDMI cable it actually is yet another Mini Console.

It has been finally successfully hacked recently too, so you could put Baseball Stars2 on there if you wish it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Well I have the NeoSaveMasta and my MVS can handle just quarter feeding too just fine so Magician Lord isn't stoppable since it's on free play, but it can get draining with the bosses where it's like you watch 'Continue' and I'm like...nope.

I envy a bit the fact you're in Japan.  Had I made one choice out of college in 2000 into 2001 and said screw it to where I was sitting when I got a phone call that I thought was beyond expiration(it was) I'd be there now where you are for sure, definitely with a Japanese wife/kid situation I'm sure.  Always wanted to visit, ended up marrying someone who wants nothing to do with that neck of the world. ?  In college the new professor was a just retired NHK reporter, I was the highest ranked grade in the class, she signed me up to do the JET program but some damned paper snafu basically made me think I was denied.  The day I started my job at Midway in the gaming industry I get a phone call, they apologize, ask if I'm still interested while I'm sitting there with a controller, taking notes, and learning the ropes...and I stayed. :(  EA Wife etc was no exaggeration.  I still have all my learning tools and those videos now are youtube freebies, so I could pick it up again but going that'll not happen. :(

I missed this somehow...

Yeah, Magician Lord is tough when you get to the bosses, and like you said, seeing the continue screen so many times is mentally draining. Still, it's a fun game and I'm glad that I was able to get it.

Japan is fun. Lots of good food, lots of cute girls, and of course it's the world center of video games. Akiba is not quite as good that it used to be and it's become even more of a tourist trap since I first went there in 2009 or 2010, but it's still not a bad place to go. Some of the prices are a bit too much, but sometimes you can still find nice stuff at decent, but not excellent, prices. The language is actually much easier than most people realize, too, as I'm sure you already know. Still, it's never too late, I think.

• Like 2

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】オンラインにて中初級者大会が開催されます。ぜひご参加ください! #SNK #SAMURAISPIRITS #サムスピ #週末大会 https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=484

Quote Tweet

icon_normal.gif

週末大会INFO

@vsnetinfo
· 19h
週末大会情報局: 第20回 サムスピ中初級者大会 開催告知 https://bit.ly/3d67fkt #週末大会 #サムスピ #サムライスピリッツ
10:55 PM · May 27, 2020

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】オンラインにてキャラ別大会がシリーズ開催されます。ぜひご参加ください! #SNK #SAMURAISPIRITS #サムスピ #weekendサムスピ #令和侍覇道 https://blog.goo.ne.jp/tokizamisouga/e/872785dbb96f0fdb041a7f91b4e03d53

Translate Tweet

10:58 PM · May 27, 2020·

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Those characters intrude into Makai Wars! ? A collaboration with "Real Bout Fatal Wolf Special" will be decided! Please look forward to it, as gachas and events will be held! # Makai Wars # Fatal Fury
Unable to fetch translation
Try again

3:00 AM · May 26, 2020·

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

[ #SamColle Launch Commemorative W Campaign ] Click here for the entry to " #SamColle Follow & RT Campaign"! By following this account and RT, a total of 11 people will be presented with a luxurious collection of SamColle, NEOGEO mini, and a colored paper by voice actor.

▼ Click here for details ▼ http: // urx3.nu/l87V #SNK #SamColle

Translate Tweet

9:36 PM · May 26, 2020·

Anthony..

• Like 2

Hi guys,

[ #SamColle Information] At SamColle, a luxurious limited edition that is too luxurious appears! Comes with a special art book featuring illustrations drawn by popular illustrators and a special soundtrack with arranged music! Furthermore, early reservation discounts are now being implemented! https: // snk-onlineshop.com/item_list.html ? siborikomi_clear = 1 & keyword =% E3% 82% B5% E3% 83% A0% E3% 83% A9% E3% 82% A4% E3% 82% B9% E3 % 83% 94% E3% 83% AA% E3% 83% 83% E3% 83% 84 +% E3% 83% 8D% E3% 82% AA% E3% 82% B8% E3% 82% AA% E3% 82% B3% E3% 83% AC% E3% 82% AF% E3% 82% B7% E3% 83% A7% E3% 83% B3 + LIMITED ...

10:04 PM · May 27, 2020

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

How about King of the Monsters, NAM-1975 and League Bowling next on the list Steve. I wouldn't say they're the cheapest, but they aren't going to affect you financially and fun titles to play. I love all three. ;-)

Anthony.. 

Couldn't agree more with those titles, especially League Bowling which has become a top go to game for me.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

I missed this somehow...

Yeah, Magician Lord is tough when you get to the bosses, and like you said, seeing the continue screen so many times is mentally draining. Still, it's a fun game and I'm glad that I was able to get it.

Japan is fun. Lots of good food, lots of cute girls, and of course it's the world center of video games. Akiba is not quite as good that it used to be and it's become even more of a tourist trap since I first went there in 2009 or 2010, but it's still not a bad place to go. Some of the prices are a bit too much, but sometimes you can still find nice stuff at decent, but not excellent, prices. The language is actually much easier than most people realize, too, as I'm sure you already know. Still, it's never too late, I think.

Good not alone on that with Magician Lord.  Sure Japan is large on gaming, but I was thinking of the bigger picture, and I'm not one that would pursue living in a larger city as it would be overkill.  Sure visiting would be fine, thinking more rural.  You're right the language isn't bad.  I tried to pick it up on my own before taking classes so I had a leg up.  I had self taught myself hiragana and katakana and a smattering of the vocab and grammar on my own from what I could gather.

• Like 1

Tanooki, my wife wants nothing to do with Japan too -- she's Korean. Glad I lived overseas though when I was young enough. I still have a brother living in Japan for nearly two decades now.

That's crazy how you basically had to choose between working in gaming or in Japan as a young person. I think it's best to focus on all the things we're thankful we have, rather than the road not taken.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hwlngmad said:

Couldn't agree more with those titles, especially League Bowling which has become a top go to game for me.

Glad you like them and especially League Bowling Hwling. Such a fun, quirky title that I never get tired of playing. 8^)

Anthony..

6 hours ago, DJ Clae said:

Tanooki, my wife wants nothing to do with Japan too -- she's Korean. Glad I lived overseas though when I was young enough. I still have a brother living in Japan for nearly two decades now.

That's crazy how you basically had to choose between working in gaming or in Japan as a young person. I think it's best to focus on all the things we're thankful we have, rather than the road not taken.

WOW! You must have plenty to say from your past about traveling Alec. Amazing your brother still lives in Japan. I always wanted to visited Japan and tried to learn the language at one point. I even had the interest on applying for a job at SNK, but I decided that too much was still here for me and stayed in the country. I think I made a smart move. 8^)

Anthony.. 

7 hours ago, DJ Clae said:

My state of mind, budget and existence these days (notice I didn't say 'life') I've little left to be thankful for other than not being homeless, ill or dead. :D  Trust me the way things have been, it has been crossing my mind more than once lately wishing I took the red pill instead of the blue one.

3 hours ago, Tanooki said:

My state of mind, budget and existence these days (notice I didn't say 'life') I've little left to be thankful for other than not being homeless, ill or dead. :D  Trust me the way things have been, it has been crossing my mind more than once lately wishing I took the red pill instead of the blue one.

Sorry that you feel that way Tanooki. Maybe if there is anything we can help? We don't want you to cause harm to yourself. 

Anthony..

Hi guys,

#サムコレ 情報】 幻の未発売タイトル『サムライスピリッツ零SPECIAL 完全版』。 「サムライスピリッツ零SPECIAL」のゲーム性はそのままに、前作にはなかったストーリーやエンディングを新たに追加した未発売タイトル。 真の「NEOGEO」最終作品とも言える幻の作品です。 https://snk-onlineshop.com/item_list.html?category_cd=SAMURAICOLLECTION

Translated from Japanese by
[ #サムコレ information】 Phantom unreleased title "Samurai Spirits Zero SPECIAL full version". The unreleased title with the newly added story and ending that were not in the previous work, while maintaining the game characteristics of "Samurai Spirits Zero SPECIAL". It is an illusionary work that can be called the true "NEOGEO" final work. https://snk-onlineshop.com/item_list.html?category_cd=SAMURAICOLLECTION

10:02 PM · May 28, 2020

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

墓場の画廊(中野店)の営業を再開に合わせ6月1日(月)より、 「THE KING OF FIGHTERS’98展〜KOFオロチ編 in 墓場の餓狼〜」 を開催いたします。 当店における新型コロナウイルス感染拡大防止への取り組みをご確認の上是非ご来場ください。 https://hakabanogarou.jp/archives/11477

#snk #kof98
In line with the restart of the graveyard gallery (Nakano store), from June 1st (Monday), "THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98 Exhibition-KOF Orochi Edition in Graveyard Famine-" Will be held. Please visit us after confirming our efforts to prevent the spread of new coronavirus infection. https://hakabanogarou.jp/archives/11477

#snk #kof98

10:01 PM · May 27, 2020·

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

\カムイの戦士、登場/ SNKのぬいぐるみシリーズに、ナコルルとリムルルが登場♪ ふわふわで可愛い2人を、是非おうちに迎えてあげてくださいね〜

今夏発売予定です(๑ÒωÓ๑)✧ #SNK #サムスピ #サムコレ
\ Kamui Warrior Appears Nakoruru and Rimuru appear in SNK's plush toy series ♪ Please welcome two fluffy and cute people to your house ~

Scheduled to be released this summer (๑ÒωÓ๑) ✧ #SNK#サムスピ#サムコレ

10:11 PM · May 26, 2020

Anthony..

9 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Sorry to hear that. Well, you never know what could've happened the other way. You could be dead. And we don't want that.

I wanted to get into JET too, like my brother did. When I didn't, I gave up and stayed in the US. When my career went south and the economy was bad in 2009 I was already tired of the idea of living in Japan, and instead embraced someplace else I had studied somewhat in college, Korea, as a new adventure. It was the right decision, but I was at the end of my rope at the time though.

It's never too late.

Edited by DJ Clae