IGNORED

Stuntcycle at Phillyclassic 4

Mr.gamer

Yet another item I'll have to pay $100+ for on ebay :x ,since I will not be attending the show.With no more prototypes to rehash,who knows maybe Bob Polaro will make something from scratch,for nostalgia's sake...Now that would be cool. 8)

According to the Phillyclassic website,Polaro will be selling and autographing 50 copies. Last year they said there would only be 50 Bugs Bunny carts, but there were well over 200. So we have to wait and see.They did'nt say anything about Atari2600.com being involved.

According to the Phillyclassic website,Polaro will be selling and autographing 50 copies. Last year they said there would only be 50 Bugs Bunny carts, but there were well over 200. So we have to wait and see.They did'nt say anything about Atari2600.com being involved.

I just saw that while checking the site, actually. Wonder what I had read that made me think that? :?

Bob is doing these titles in conjunction with Atari2600.com (they're doing the actual manufacturing).

From what I understand, it will be a similar deal to last year. 50 carts at Philly and they'll also be available at CGE. Joe, if you're out there, correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.

John

so is bob doing this himself or does anyone know who is ?

Thank you for the positive interest in our forthcoming release of Stunt Cycle. In typical fashion, we've developed this project pretty close to the vest. I wrote to David Newman at PC4 recently as passed him some details. The project schedule is really tight which is why I haven't publicized any pictures or pushed out any details. We'll make it to Philly with 50 copies in hand. Stunt Cycle is being presented in a similar fashion to Holey Moley and Stunt Cycle. Bob Polaro is involved in the project, and will be at the PC4 Atari2600.com booth to hand out and autograph copies.

Holey Moley was programmed in 1980. Bob's prototype is dated 7/21/80. As such the game would have been contemporay with titles such as Missile Command and Adventure. The Stunt Cycle packaging reflects this heritage. We'll pass on additional details including pictures to AtariAge.com later this week.

Joe Cody

Atari2600.com

Thank you for the positive interest in our forthcoming release of Stunt Cycle.  In typical fashion, we've developed this project pretty close to the vest.  I wrote to David Newman at PC4 recently as passed him some details.  The project schedule is really tight which is why I haven't publicized any pictures or pushed out any details.  We'll make it to Philly with 50 copies in hand.  Stunt Cycle is being presented in a similar fashion to Holey Moley and Stunt Cycle.  Bob Polaro is involved in the project, and will be at the PC4 Atari2600.com booth to hand out and autograph copies.

Holey Moley was programmed in 1980.  Bob's prototype is dated 7/21/80.  As such the game would have been contemporay with titles such as Missile Command and Adventure.  The Stunt Cycle packaging reflects this heritage.  We'll pass on additional details including pictures to AtariAge.com later this week.

Joe Cody

Atari2600.com

Thanks for the info. I just hope I get a copy!

Thank you for the positive interest in our forthcoming release of Stunt Cycle.  In typical fashion, we've developed this project pretty close to the vest.  I wrote to David Newman at PC4 recently as passed him some details.  The project schedule is really tight which is why I haven't publicized any pictures or pushed out any details.  We'll make it to Philly with 50 copies in hand.  Stunt Cycle is being presented in a similar fashion to Holey Moley and Stunt Cycle.  Bob Polaro is involved in the project, and will be at the PC4 Atari2600.com booth to hand out and autograph copies.

Holey Moley was programmed in 1980.  Bob's prototype is dated 7/21/80.  As such the game would have been contemporay with titles such as Missile Command and Adventure.  The Stunt Cycle packaging reflects this heritage.  We'll pass on additional details including pictures to AtariAge.com later this week.

Joe Cody

Atari2600.com

Not to pry too much, but is there a specific day that this will be available at PhillyClassic? 50 copies is a small amount and I'd love to get my hands on one.

Once they sell out there will be the usual scum who will turn around and sell them on eBay for outrageous prices. It never fails. The true collectors get shut out because the scum buckets bring their entire family with them to stand in line ahead of you and snap up every copy they can. Then they run over to their wireless laptops and post auctions BEFORE THE SHOW IS EVEN FRICKIN' OVER! It's happened before and it will continue to happen going forward. So if you REALLY want one, you have to get on the line 1 or 2 hours or more early and twiddle your thumbs while the rest of the show is going on around you (as you are missing it). Then if you are lucky, they wont run out of carts as you step up to fork over your dough.

Perhaps some kind of lottery system would be more fair, but I don't really know for sure.

i think an easier solution would be to simply have enough stunt cycles at PC4 to meet the demand? But it seems when you give yourself such a close deadline that might not be possible... maybe should have given it more time? Unless, of course, there really was no option.

What I did for Polo last year was take a list for people who wanted one later. I will be releasing (if all goes well!) another edition of Polo at the show this year. I am only a single person, and cannot afford to have overstock laying around unsold, so I am bringing as many as I feel I can sell. If there are others that would like them, I take their names and info, and let them know when they are ready. Then, they can send me payment afterwards.

I feel quite sure Joe will eventually have more than 50, but the bonus to the show is getting to meet Bob and get it signed. I will be in line (that is, unless there is a line for people buying Polo! ;)

)

Cassidy

Sounds like a great project!

So if you REALLY want one, you have to get on the line 1 or 2 hours or more early and twiddle your thumbs while the rest of the show is going on around you (as you are missing it).  

As long as the sale begins in the middle of Saturday afternoon, you aren't going to miss much being on line for a couple of hours. Philly is WAY exciting, but if you are a full timer like me without a life, Saturday afternoon gets a bit slow...