IGNORED

Atarimax MyIDE-II and .atr file issue?

Gunnder

Hey guys...I'm doing something stupid here I think, but not sure what... I got my flashcart and followed the video instructions from AtariMax to setup the Compact Flash card and how to use the Fat32 loader, etc. So I can load all .rom, .bin, and .xex files just fine and play them, but EVERY SINGLE .atr (disk image) file that I try I get an error the the effect of "Error loading OS-B image"... any idea what is wrong? In the AtariMax video the .atr files loads up just fine like the .rom and .bin files. Thanks! I tried it on the XEGS, 130XE and 800XL. No luck with the .atr files on either 3 of the machines...

As an example: Donkey Kong .xex file is fine, but same .atr file is not. Same for simple games like Defender etc...

Edited by Gunnder

Need mathpack.something, and osb.bin in root dir for those games that need osb. There is a thread on atarimax about it, with the files attached. But i dont hink you can run the atr from the fat 32 loader period. You can load the atr into the image area, but i dont know if that works.

Thanks for the quick reply... I searched there and found it:

http://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1384

Need mathpack.something, and osb.bin in root dir for those games that need osb. There is a thread on atarimax about it, with the files attached. But i dont hink you can run the atr from the fat 32 loader period. You can load the atr into the image area, but i dont know if that works.

ATR support is (very) limited although it is more than nothing.

OSB and mathpack are not needed because of OSB compatibility (!) but for ATR compatibility. OSB is smaller than xl/xe Os and loaded into ram.

It means that all ATR files that run on atari 800 will work but not the xl/xe ATR files.

Also ATR files with own (custom) sio routines or illegal Os jumps do not work.

The image loader in mybios is slightly more compatible although it is still not very much.

If you find a chance to add mybios in rom to your atari, then you will be very happy since most titles do work then.

Image-Menu on MyBios is the way to go for ATR's, if you're running the cart. Like ProWizard stated, it's still not 100%, but it's better than trying to load them through the Fat32 loader. Getting them onto the CF can be a bit tricky and you need to use MyIDE-manager_LBA2, which is a Windows program. Just make sure you use LBA2. It can be downloaded here: http://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6960#p6960

Hope that helps a bit.