IGNORED

Season 3 / Week 5 ~ The NEW HSC ~ Rock Week

Vocelli

Not a new score, but wanted to share:

I made my son sit through a bit of Atari's Asteroids for the VCS before I let him play Space Rocks this week, talked a bit again about the technical limitations of the system, bank switching, etc. Then I popped in Space Rocks, and let him loose. He hadn't shown much interest when he saw me playing it before, but now that he can see how much work went into it, he definitely appreciated the game more, and had himself some fun.

Thanks again, Spiceware! Just don't start woodworking, too, or I won't be able to feel special anymore...

• Like 4

It's a pity I didn't have much time this week and my Space Rocks didn't arrive in time and it's still with customs.

Congratulations, Capitain Estaban! Great score, you are really the capitain of the ship. :thumbsup:

And in my personal duel with Spiceware, he won again with 98k, congratulations and thank you very much for playing with us.

You are an amazing programmer and a great player too! :thumbsup:

After this huge defeat, I'm waiting to get the cartridge and then try to sit on top of the mountain. :P 108k is great challenge. Stay tuned on highscore.com, I promise to submit a better score some day.

• Like 5

LMAO...... ! Look at that Subtle Wh0*ring she's done. ;)

Now that the week's over I'll go OT on this Charlene business :) Yes I always thought this song was good but rather risque, the "whoring" & fornicating w/ a preacher, being undressed by kings, & seeing things she shouldnt (which is completely open to the imagination!)

Awhile back I saw a "Ladies of the 80s" CD at a local store. I have an extensive 80s playlist but was missing half the songs on this CD (NBTM was one) & it was only like $9 but for some reason I ddnt buy it, but since got NBTM on iTunes.

Dont think she had any other hits- the 80s was the time of the one-hit wonder.

• Like 1

Now that the week's over I'll go OT on this Charlene business :) Yes I always thought this song was good but rather risque, the "whoring" & fornicating w/ a preacher, being undressed by kings, & seeing things she shouldnt (which is completely open to the imagination!)

:-D The hilarious thing is how she tries to have it both ways! The singing parts are a breathless glorification of upper class immorality, and then you get to the spoken word bit, and you find out that she's reformed now....

Hey, you know what paradise is? It's a lie

A fantasy we create about people and places as we'd like them to be

But you know what truth is?

It's that little baby you're holding, and it's that man you fought with this morning

The same one you're going to make love with tonight. That's truth, that's love

Maybe she was just ahead of her time. This is straight from the playbook of contemporary celebrity - live a shallow and shameless existence, then go on Oprah and confess, and tell everyone how you've found your real self now - and here's the product plug that'll help you find salvation too! The difference is that you don't get all the caviar and champagne on yachts to go with it. You just get the dreariness of moral rectitude and the worry that you won't make the rent because you bought the celebrity's self-help snake oil...

I also got 67720 in Space Rocks. (post #102) sorry to add another chore, I just noticed it!

That is +2 points. Vitally important with us scoring so close on the overall standings. I don't remember ever emulating paddle games on Stella, so I might be horrible with a mouse. You guys are pretty close to overtaking me. Edited by CapitanClassic
  • Like 1

That is +2 points. Vitally important with us scoring so close on the overall standings. I don't remember ever emulating paddle games on Stella, so I might be horrible with a mouse. You guys are pretty close to overtaking me.

Thanks again. I'll contact Voc so he can make the necessary corrections....

• Like 1