IGNORED

Basement renovation

We bought a home last summer with a full finished basement. While I like the basement, I wasn't exactly fond of the color choices of the previous owner. Most of the walls were a deep red with the others covered in wallpaper that had been applied directly to the sheet rock underneath. So after the span of several nights and weekends of work, I am nearing the point where I can redo the room as I want it.

So, without further ado, I give you the before pics:

med_gallery_30607_1131_922074.jpg

The stairwell, complete with rope lighting!

med_gallery_30607_1131_222129.jpg

The wall to right of the staircase. The white area was where cork panels used to be. The previous owner also left a hole in the panels where a dart board used to be. Also slightly visible, is the wet bar.

med_gallery_30607_1131_864550.jpg

The wonderful wallpaper on the other walls. Needless to say it was a chore getting this off the walls.

med_gallery_30607_1131_49913.jpg

The current console setup. Included in the mix are my Atari 7800, Flashback 2, Intellivision II, Xbox 1(not One), Wii, and Dreamcast. All are fully functional and can be up in running in less than 30 seconds. Also shown is my 30" Sony TV that I got for free off of Craigslist. :)

med_gallery_30607_1131_458908.jpg

My Intellivision and Atari 7800 collections nicely tucked away in their own cabinet. I'll post better pictures in the future.

Currently most of the walls have been primed (with the exception of one of the stairwell walls). Needless to say that the red walls required several layers of primer before I considered them complete. I hope to finalize my paint choices and start the next phase of the project this weekend.

Edited by bikeguychicago
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...