IGNORED

Season 3 / Week 6 ~ the NEW HSC ~ Flash Gordon

Vocelli

Flash Gordon bug strikes again!

I had this happen to me once and it was at a way lower score then you had...but all I did was restart Stella and it has not happened again...but if you have the ROMSv90 then you may want to try the Space Adventure rom...since it is the same game you may want to try that solution.

Great suggestion, NIKON! It looked it was working too, until this happened (this is with the Zellers ROM):

FlashGordon512285half.jpg

This time the bug wasn't at the start of the city like it usually is, but halfway through. I've noticed that it munts the city symbols at the bottom too!

Unfortunately, it does wreck the game enough that continuing is not worthwhile. You can no longer tell where the disruptors are, the safe zones are now unsafe, and the disruptors have extra reach. So regretfully, I'll have to submit my PAL score as my entry for this week - I cannot play a full game with the existing NTSC ROMs.

FlashGordon991965PALhalf.jpg

I'll throw myself on the mercy of the crowd. Hopefully the 512,000 NTSC score with all nine lives (plus some in reserve!), along with the rolled PAL score, is proof enough that I can roll this game. It's not like it gets any harder from the halfway point. The final ruling is Vocelli's, of course!

I follow a slightly different route than El Capitan. Here's mine:

FlashGordonpattern.jpg

Following El Capitan's blue route, the paths from 3 -> 4 and then 5 -> 6 can be dangerous, so I make a choice when I get to 3. If the disruptors are in an difficult position I follow the green path instead. 3 -> 4 is perilous on the green path, but 4 -> 5 -> 6 is a breeze. If the green path from 3 -> 4 looks clear, then I head down instead of up.

The other difference is back on the other side of the board. In my pattern, you can grab 7, 8 and 9 before the disruptors get back from the other side. The rest of the clusters are then straight forward. Heading up from 8 throws the chasing disruptors off for a bit.

Thanks for your tips this round, Capitan Classic! I'd give you points for the best tips of the round if I could :thumbsup:

Edited by dark-aleph
  • Like 1

FlashGordonpattern.jpg

Following El Capitan's blue route, the paths from 3 -> 4 and then 5 -> 6 can be dangerous, so I make a choice when I get to 3. If the disruptors are in an difficult position I follow the green path instead. 3 -> 4 is perilous on the green path, but 4 -> 5 -> 6 is a breeze. If the green path from 3 -> 4 looks clear, then I head down instead of up.

The other difference is back on the other side of the board. In my pattern, you can grab 7, 8 and 9 before the disruptors get back from the other side. The rest of the clusters are then straight forward. Heading up from 8 throws the chasing disruptors off for a bit.

Thanks for your tips this round, Capitan Classic! I'd give you points for the best tips of the round if I could :thumbsup:

I actually like the last half of your path better than mine. I do believe that the path from 3-4 Green (south) is more dangerous than the other path, since going north keeps you at the right height to shoot debris. Going the northern route through the tunnel means you are always able to shoot constanttly, so switching from up-right to up-left to get around the bends isn't dangerous IMHO.

BAM! The good Captain didn't see me as a contender this week, but that's ok. I rolled this baby! After about 400K, you just reach this plateau where the game just cruises along. I didn't lose a life after 500K. Insane. I could have played all night! What a rush!

Oh, and you don't even want to see my jacked up pattern!

Here are the after and before pics!

post-409-0-09564400-1397273363_thumb.jpg

post-409-0-41690100-1397273390_thumb.jpg

Edited by StanJr
  • Like 1

... popped the video in Microsoft Movie Maker, dropped some Queen for the audio track. ...

nice I've had the CD on repeat this whole week, whenever playing Flash and sometimes more :music: :thumbsup: :o :evil: :!: :-D

... and still inching along: 172750

post-34560-0-60170000-1397297949_thumb.jpg

Flash: "This isn't happening, Dale. We're not here. It's just a bad dream."

Dale: "Oh, I agree completely."

• Like 1