IGNORED

New addiction....BEAMRIDER

19rsn007

hey people,

I just made a deal on a non working intellivision.

I got as much info on the none working thing I could, and it seems like it's a pretty easy fix.... (replace a cable)

Sow now I was looking into emulation of the thing and I played some games....pretty funny.

I now have a new addiction.......BEAMRIDER :D

What a funny but challenging game that is.

Can't wait to get the thing fixed and try to get hold of a beamrider cart :D

• Like 1

Beamrider is awesome. Before I even had proper sprite display in jzIntv (just bounding boxes instead of pictures), I would still play Beamrider with the incomplete graphics. My brother was always way better at it than I was, but that didn't stop me from enjoying it.

I've actually met David Rolfe (the game's author) in person. Interesting guy. :-) (Rolfe also wrote the EXEC and Baseball, among other things.)

Vrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiinng! vwom-vwom-vwom-vwom-vwom-vwom

Edited by intvnut
  • Like 1

OK, so I tried Pitfall tonight. Last time I play it was in 2012 and didn't play it much then.

I got 17,231 with around 14 minutes left. I obviously didn't read the instructions, so.....does anything happen other than various combinations of the same screens? What happens when the time runs out? Is there a princess all the way to the right that I'm supposed to be saving? Boss?

Pitfall is great, one of my favorites. Have yet to get a perfect score though.

When the time runs out the game stops. There are 32 treasures to collect in the 20 minutes. Check out this website for more info (just found this with a google search, I'm sure there are other pages)-

http://www.rickandviv.net/index.php/intellivision-games-on-an-arcade-cabinet/pitfall/

The only way to get everything is to use the underground passages to skip stages.

OK, so I tried Pitfall tonight. Last time I play it was in 2012 and didn't play it much then.

I got 17,231 with around 14 minutes left. I obviously didn't read the instructions, so.....does anything happen other than various combinations of the same screens? What happens when the time runs out? Is there a princess all the way to the right that I'm supposed to be saving? Boss?

To answer all your questions, you'll have to do like we did back in the 1980s: play the game until you reach the end or time runs out. :lol:

When the time runs out the game stops. There are 32 treasures to collect in the 20 minutes. Check out this website for more info (just found this with a google search, I'm sure there are other pages)-

Awww... you spoiled the surprise! :P

JasonLikesINTV,

Hi, I was pretty good at Pitfall as a kid and enjoyed that one, & somewhat recently (within last 18 months) I fell 1 treasure short of getting all 32 treasures because time ran out on me. I have to be quicker at jumping the crocodiles I guess. I never did it, but pretty sure that once you get that 32nd treasure the game simply stops and displays your score + amount of time remaining + number of guys left. Like someone said, you have to use the underground passages and know the pattern (got from Internet didn't figure out as kid) as each underground passage represents 3 above ground passages. I someone post a PERFECT SCORE and he srill had only 27 seconds left. It is a very well done game - I don't care about getting a perfect and willing to lose a few hundred points, but do want to revisit one day as I want to get that 32nd treasure. You start w/2,000 points and have to get 8 each of 4 different treasures (Money Bag 2K, Silver Bar 3K, Gold Bar 4K, & Diamond Ring 5K) so that is 112K more points for a possibe max of 114,000 points. You lose a few points when hitting barrels and 100 points if you fall down the tunnel instead of climbing down. Hope that helps a bit.

PS - After reading all above, I really need to play Beamrider again - it has been a long time.

Beamrider is one of my favorite games on any platform. You really should try all the versions that you can find. It's cool that this game originated on the INTV though.

attachicon.gif100_5983.jpg

I been wanting to get it for other systems. Been wanting to get the Colecovision and 2600 versions for a while now.

• Like 1