IGNORED

Did I Pay Too Much?

kamakazi

All other cartridges work fine in the 2600 I have...even when left on overnight. This is the only cartridge that does that in my collection. I only have the one 2600 JR console so I can't test it on another 2600 as I don't have another one readily available. I've been currently playing Midnight Magic since about 11 AM. It is currently 5:15PM and the system has not been turned off yet while playing Midnight Magic. I've been working on a high score to post to High Score (dot) com and so far the console has been performing very well. That's why I don't think that it is the console at fault or it would have already done the same thing. So I would assume. The edge connectors have been cleaned on Defender and the console just to be sure. And, rest assured, when the game looks like the console has been shut off it hasn't been as indicated by the faint vertical bar on the right side of the screen in the video.

Well at least that rules out a problem with the console, if need be, replacing Defender is a lot cheaper then the 2600 Jr. Could be a solder joint on the cartridge's circuit board has gone bad, when it warms up the board expands just enough to open a connection causing the failure. If you can solder (or know somebody that can do it for you) reflowing the solder on the chip may fix the problem.

Well, I neglected to mention that after visiting the pawn shop, wife agreed that ordering online was way cheaper. The plus side is that she agreed to let me place an order online with Atari2600(dot)com.

The single biggest issue I have had with atari2600.com is the condition of the labels. I wish I could get all my games up as the labels are usually better and my prices are lower. The single biggest issue I have is just when I get a good selection going, it gets sold real fast. Sigh...

Lloyd

The single biggest issue I have had with atari2600.com is the condition of the labels. I wish I could get all my games up as the labels are usually better and my prices are lower. The single biggest issue I have is just when I get a good selection going, it gets sold real fast. Sigh...

Lloyd

It's all about reputation. Labels should not be too big of a concern and those that are in poor shape, but still work flawlessly, should be considered a great asset to those just starting to collect for the 2600. When you have a good product that others are after they will sell rather quickly. I've seen people post items for sale and within seconds have them sold. Not just on here but on Facebook. My wife keeps an eye on our local area's swap shop page. I've seen some Atari carts and once I seen a 4-port 5200 with a few games for $30. It was already sold almost as fast as the post was made. Same for the 2600 carts. I did, however, see that same 4-port setup in a local flea market for three times the $30 price tag. They didn't even know if it worked or not.

What I personally would like to do is obtain non-working Atari carts and consoles. The purpose is to try to rebuild them like taking two or more to make one good one to give to an Atari fan in need. Mixing e-recycling and "paying it forward" efforts. That's only if other members would be willing to donate some, if not all, of their stock pile of parts. It's a practice I believe everyone would benefit from. Especially the environment. I don't expect it to happen, though, because those with these older consoles will hang on to parts to keep their collection in tip-top working order. And I really don't blame them.

I forgot to mention that so far, unless I've ordered from atari2600's wounded warriors and nakid ladies section, have had clean labels. Only one 5200 game label had a tear on an end label and that was Buck Rogers. Even a few of the wounded warriors had decent labels considering. Then again, I'm use to finding Atari 2600 games with label issues for a long time now. As long as the games work then I'm OK with it. I can create new labels for them if it starts to bug me (working on recreations for personal use, NOT for resale purposes).