IGNORED

Wanted: US keyboard for Mega STe (swap for German keyboard?)

jmetal88

I have a German Mega STe with English ROMs in it. It has the German keyboard, so not all the keys match up with the keymap on the computer. The keyboard is in great shape, and most of the keys work perfectly (though there are a couple that need to be pressed really hard due to the keyboard flex circuit being dirty). If anyone's willing, I'd like to trade it for a US keyboard so the keys I'm pressing actually match with the keys the computer thinks I'm pressing. Thanks for your consideration.

EDIT: Typo

Edited by jmetal88

Can't you just pull off the keys and rearrange them?

Maybe? They seem pretty stuck on, though, and I don't want to break anything. But that still doesn't help the symbols that are on the wrong keys (for example, 3 has some symbol I don't recognize on it rather than the # sign).

EDIT: I mean, I could always get a set of US keyboard stickers, and then I just have to worry about the nonfunctional key next to Left Shift, but I know I'm not gonna find any stickers in that shade of white with blue lettering that would match the rest of the keyboard. And then it's gonna be a pain if I ever want to return the keyboard to its original shape.

Edited by jmetal88

• 2 weeks later...

Still looking for one of these. Will consider swapping for a US keyboard in worse condition (since US keyboards seem to be worth more than German keyboards) or swapping plus some cash.

EDIT: Why on earth did this show up highlighted in blue?

EDIT 2: I guess it just kept the formatting when I copied it over from my post on Atari-Forum. O.o Didn't know it would do that. Fixed it now, though.

Edited by jmetal88