IGNORED

INTV Best Game of All Times - Round 1 - 18/25 (Racing)

vprette

What is the best game in the list (also arcade here)  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Vote the best game from the following list

• Auto Racing (Mattel)
    • Pole Position (Intv - Atari)
    • Bump'n Jump (Mattel - Bally)
    • Motocross (Mattel)
    • Turbo (Coleco - Sega)
  2. 2. Vote the best arcade conversion from the following list

• Pole Position (Intv - Atari)
    • Bump'n Jump (Mattel - Bally)
    • Turbo (Coleco - Sega)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

This is a pool to vote the best games ever for Intellivision :-)

There will be several pools of 5 titles each to cover the following categories:

- Best game of all time

- Best sport game

- Best shoot'em up

- Best arcade conversion

- Best producer

1st AND 2nd classified go to round 2!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very few racing games for Inty!

This is a shame... there were nice titles like Enduro missing this console, and this type of game are one of my favorite...

Mattel-Auto-Racing.jpgINTV-Pole-Position.jpgMattel-Bump-n-Jump.jpg

Mattel-Motocross.jpgColeco-Turbo.jpg

So many questions and remembration I have for this pool!

Auto racing was one of my first games.. I was kind of hypoticed by going around for hours out of the trace in teh middle of the random patterns with houses...

The game was full of options but somehow not really challenging.. hard to judge..

pole position was a big delusion for me... inty can do much better...

bump jump a big catch for Mattel as license!

and... who ever buy and play motocross? this one never arrived in Italy not even in the late 2nd wave distribution via postage only... anyone knows this game?

Edited by vprette

I went w/ Bump 'n' Jump for both votes on this one. I really do like Auto Racing, but had to vote for the game I liked best of this grouping. Motocross is actually pretty good, too, and I remember playing at my best friend's BITD. I've never been able to get anywhere either with Turbo or Pole Position and, perhaps unfairly, dislike both of them. Especially Turdo.

Went w/Auto Racing in 1st bucket because it was one of my 1st 10 or so games and got hours out of it. Honorable mention to Motocross 2nd for me and then Bump 'N Jump which I didn't play so much unfortunately. In 2nd bracket went w/Bump 'N Jump. A little surprised by the lack of love for Motocross but didn't expect it to go far overall anyways.

I've never been able to get anywhere either with Turbo or Pole Position and, perhaps unfairly, dislike both of them. Especially Turdo.

Yeah, I was kind of disappointed with Turdo as well. However, I didn't like this one in the arcade either. The sudden scenery changes was always too jarring for me.

Oh, yeah. As I've mentioned in another one of these threads, the Intellivision has a really deep library of solid games. If you had one copy of every single title and randomly picked a game, you'd get something fun most of the time. Granted, you may need a second person since a high percentage of these games were two-player early on.

That's part of what makes these polls really tough to vote in - and that's actually a great thing!

We had a lot of fun playing Motocross when it first came out. The course designer was something I'd never seen in a game before, and it was one of the early games to adopt a 3/4 style perspective -- quite a feat for the graphical limitations of the day.

That said, Bump 'n' Jump is still a faster, smoother, more fun game in my book, with great colors and an appealing soundtrack. Mattel may not have had the highest profile arcade licenses, but Data East and the Intellivision paired up quite nicely. I think all the games Mattel ported from them, if not outstanding, were still very good.

and... who ever buy and play motocross? this one never arrived in Italy not even in the late 2nd wave distribution via postage only... anyone knows this game?

Moto Cross was not released in Europe because the Mattel version has a NTSC/PAL bug. It seems that Mattel worked on it but is was to late for a release because the INTV version works on PAL machines.

It's a good game but I prefer Bump'n'Jump.

Moto Cross was not released in Europe because the Mattel version has a NTSC/PAL bug. It seems that Mattel worked on it but is was to late for a release because the INTV version works on PAL machines.

It's a good game but I prefer Bump'n'Jump.

how many info I get from those pools... thanks

people make alive the good times

The racing game from Triple Action isn't in the running? :P

I don't think Pole Position is as bad as everyone says it is, although it still doesn't hold a candle to games like Enduro, Pole Position on the 5200 (or 2600), or even Night Driver.

The racing game from Triple Action isn't in the running? :P

I don't think Pole Position is as bad as everyone says it is, although it still doesn't hold a candle to games like Enduro, Pole Position on the 5200 (or 2600), or even Night Driver.

it is unacceptable that pole position for vcs2600 is so much better than intv version