IGNORED

Last Ninja on C= Plus4

Hi people and Happy Easter.

I have been following this w.i.p. and saw right now that after a longtime with no updates there's a new video and from the Plus4 Forum it seems that this time he have the ninja and enemys.

I have my computer dead for some days and waiting for the end of month money so I wanna ask if any of you here could kindly post here some different screens of the guys walking, jumping, punching, kicking and with weapons if he already implemented any of this, at least ninja and enemy any examples.

Thanks because with my actual mobile phone I can't play videos on YouTube, only .3gp and I can't find any images of it on Google.

Ah just write Last Ninja Plus4 on YouTube and what I want it's on his last video uploaded on 10/04/2014.

Just curious how he dealed with the guys translated into 2:1 ratio.

Thanks again.

Edited by José Pereira

All the graphics are multicolour, ie 160x200 effective resolution including the ninja.

Just one enemy appears, graphics are the same as the ninja for him.

I would think they're using multicolour bitmap mode, this allows 2 fixed colours and 2 colours controlled by cell attributes.

• Like 1

Thanks Rybags. Yes it's then the same as on the old videos but they were saying on the forum that this time there was enemys already.

And yes I know it's their 2+2 colours multicolour bitmap mode instead of C64's 3+1 colours.

And on the guys movement is it only walking or there's any other like kicking, punching, jumping or with weapons?

The fighting part, there is only punching + kicking, no use of weapons.

Also, the player is monochrome, doesn't have his brown backpack like the C64 version.

Still, a good effort. No idea if they're making extensive use of the C64 code or not. In any case, doing softsprites would eat a fair chunk of memory - possibly they've had to simplify graphics as a means of freeing up space.

http://plus4world.powweb.com/forum/24951

See if you want you can enter there, from the begining you'll notice that he says he is using his own code.

From what I remember he also seems to have, more or less, the same gfxs and on the same places as the C64 but found a way to optimize and speed up things to get the sofp sprites of the guys.

So enemy and ninja are all black, doesn't have face and/or hands?

How much maximum pixels wide are them for each in walking, punching and kicking?