IGNORED

INTV Best Game of All Times - Round 1 - 24/25 (death pool, death pool)

vprette

What is the best game in the list  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Vote the best game from the following list

• Thunder Castle (Intv)
    • Vectron (Mattel)
    • Shark Shark (Mattel)
    • Popeye (Parker - Nintendo)
    • Congo Bongo (Sega)
  2. 2. Vote the best arcade conversion

• Popeye (Parker - Nintendo)
    • Congo Bongo (Sega)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

This is a pool to vote the best games ever for Intellivision :-)

There will be several pools of 5 titles each to cover the following categories:

- Best game of all time

- Best sport game

- Best shoot'em up

- Best arcade conversion

- Best producer

1st AND 2nd classified go to round 2!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTV-Thunder-Castle.jpgMattel-Vectron.jpgMattel-Shark-Shark.jpg

Parker-Popeye.jpgSega-Cong-Bongo.jpg

thunder is a 3rd generation game... INTV was i his maturity and make me wonder if Colecovision was in fact more powerful or not when you know how to squeeze the inty :-)

Who know what Sega could have done on the console if it had not stopped development: I think announced star trek and tac scan were poor titles while they had Pengo that could have been perfect!

I dont understand Vectron: it looks orrible to me but I did not play ... I know it was planned for an arcade release also.. can you explain what's good in this game?

Edited by vprette

Death Pool indeed! No matter who wins, they will be worthy. I ended up going w/ Thunder Castle because graphically and musically it's a top-tier game for the platform. Lots of people seem to dislike Vectron (is it the reliance upon both of the lower action keys that does it?), but I really think the game is a hidden gem. Shark! Shark! is awesome as well, and I can see it coming on strong.

Went with Congo Bongo for the arcade translation. It's a bit tough to control, but not really any worse than Popeye (to me at least). I think it looks nicer and has the intermission screens. IMO these are the weaker games in this batch, but still decent.

You managed to put 3 games in the same group that I have had targeted for more play for a long time (TC, Vec, Shark). Thank you for putting this tournament together as it has been the perfect excuse to actually play these games!

I went with Thunder Castle and Popeye in the subset. My 2nd place would've went to Shark Shark and my 3rd place to Popeye - never got Shark Shark as a kid as it was sold out when my parents tried to get for me - if had as a kid may have altered my decision over Thunder Castle. I got TC when 1st game out during NES days and was impressed with its music, graphics, game play, etc...

Lots of people seem to dislike Vectron (is it the reliance upon both of the lower action keys that does it?), but I really think the game is a hidden gem. Shark! Shark! is awesome as well, and I can see it coming on strong.

I gave Vectron some time last night. I read the manual and tried a couple different control options. The game begs for twin stick control. This would be a fun one to see for XBLIG or the PS Indie game offering.

It feels like a sort of design project rather than a playtested game. It manages to use all of the side buttons and the 16 directions, but the gameplay mechanic of not being able to move just stinks. I found myself wondering if I was in "freestyle" or the other movement mode and ended up testing my controllers on other games to make sure my side buttons were working (they were). I can respect what they were trying to do here, but a few simple changes/hacks would really help the game.

1) Play a sound or give me a visual cue when I switch into freestyle. If I know what mode I am in, I can actually plan what to do.

2) Use the upper half of the disk to switch to freestyle

3) Just get rid of the movement limitation completely. Let's try to play with precise & slow free movement and add a game variation that requires switching (or don't because that part is not fun).

4) What should I do when the E-Pak is not reinforced besides wait? This is a bad design choice that the player will lose a life and must avoid yellows. Give me a way out of this no win situation besides waiting for an reinforcement that may never come OR I may not be able to pickup.

Needless to say, this one will NOT get my vote here.

I really wanted to vote Shark! Shark! since it was a favorite growing up, and one of those totally unique Inty games that made me fall in love with the system... but I had to go Thunder Castle. It looks amazing, sounds amazing, and the gameplay is awesome. One of my favorite maze games. I didn't own it back in the day, so it's gotten more play time from me the last 5 years.

I own Vectron loose, but never figured out how to play it. :)

I'd had these on my list to play this morning before voting. My vote went to Shark Shark. Thunder Castle is a great game and it really feels like a big leap forward has been taken on the console between the 2 games, but the gameplay of Shark Shark is so solid that I had to vote for it.