IGNORED

Famicom Japanese exlusive game recommenations?

Picked up Altered Beast for mine rather recently. It's an okay version, yes... but I miss the voice samples :P

Been trying to get ahold of all the Asmik produced games :)

They made some real standout games for the system, like Altered Beast, Asmik-kun Land, Jumping Kid and COSMIC EPSILON! :D

Edited by robotwo

Picked up Altered Beast for mine rather recently. It's an okay version, yes... but I miss the voice samples :P

Been trying to get ahold of all the Asmik produced games :)

They made some real standout games for the system, like Altered Beast, Asmik-kun Land, Jumping Kid and COSMIC EPSILON! :D

I have Cosmic Epsilon and I still get believe how good that game is! I got that game from an import store in The Bronx for $1.00. I also use the 3D glasses with it, its a true standout for the console!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Here is a video that was done in 2007 on the Famicom and the FDS. The information is still valid and if you can handle the cheesy jokes, its a good vid to watch for those that are starting to get into the pair.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

I also have the 3D glasses and the keyboard with it as well. I got into this option because most of my Japanese acquaintances in NYC say that I should look into one because its an interesting piece to have in a collection. I found out that its a unique system overall and fun.

Does anything other than Family BASIC use the keyboard? What games use the 3D glasses? -- I did not even know that those existed for the Famicom.

Does anything other than Family BASIC use the keyboard? What games use the 3D glasses? -- I did not even know that those existed for the Famicom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Famicom_3D_System

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Famicom_Disk_System_games

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Famicom_BASIC_Keyboard

Hope this helps. I also have the tape recorder for it as well!

Anthony.

Edited by fdurso224

When it comes to Famicom games my friends and I have a lot fun playing SMB 2, the Japanese version of course, and Holy Diver. Although both games can be frustrating at times because they are challenging. I also picked up an adaptor so I can use NES controllers on my system. The controllers are slightly different, but not much, but with the NES controllers I don't have to sit so close to my system.

Edited by Uppy