IGNORED

What's a Commodore 128D with monitor & 1541 Ultimate worth?

stephena

Due to real-life issues and illness, for the foreseeable future I will only have time to concentrate on one retro-related project. For me that is Stella, so I'm looking to sell my Commodore stuff.

I have a Commodore 128D in excellent condition (including the keyboard), with JiffyDOS ROMs (and switch installed). Also, the 'disable internal drive' mod is done too. It also includes a 1541-II Ultimate! Other items include C128 manuals, some original Commodore disks, cables, etc. And finally, a Commodore 1084 monitor, capable of showing all modes from the 128 (both 40 and 80 column modes).

I'm wondering what all this is worth, and would it be better to do a private sale here or go to Ebay? I'm in Canada, so I'm aware shipping could be a killer. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve A.

Stella maintainer

$250 or more wouldn't be out of the question - depends on local market really.

128D on it's own is somewhat desirable thanks to integration, a seperate C64 + 1541 might come in at $60 total but a 128D on it's own should fetch probably double that on a good day, wouldn't surprise me if it got more.

1084 and 1541 Ult 2 + the other mods adds an easy $100 or more.