IGNORED

XEGS game Tower Toppler conversion for MyIDE ][

Marius

• 1 month later...

Hi!

And another MyIDE ][ conversion: Tower Toppler.r16

This works from FAT32 loader. No image this time.

Have fun, and let me know how it works.

Greetz

P.

I understand the game is a prototype, from what I can tell the sprite/gfx of the periodic foes that comes from the side of the screen and moves slowly from side to side to knock you down seems to be "broken".

I don't believe it has to do with the prototype nature, they would have had some sort of intelligible gfx/sprite anyway, albeit not final.

You can see what I mean if you start the game and simply wait, within 15 secs you hear a bizarre "noise" and then that sucker comes out (normally from the right side of the screen), same "row" you are at.

The other "bug" I believe it is due to the prototype nature, I am playing on NTSC and I see a flickering 1 pixel line at the bottom of the screen.

Also, I am playing on a an XEGS and I can tell you artifacting is way off ... none of your fault just noticing.

On a different topic, the "official" RescueOnFractalus.r16 (at atarimax) seems to be locking right after the "intro" ... do you have the time and interest to take a look?.

BTW nice job with the R16 ports.

Edited by phoenixdownita
  • Like 1

I understand the game is a prototype, from what I can tell the sprite/gfx of the periodic foes that comes from the side of the screen and moves slowly from side to side to knock you down seems to be "broken".

I don't believe it has to do with the prototype nature, they would have had some sort of intelligible gfx/sprite anyway, albeit not final.

You can see what I mean if you start the game and simply wait, within 15 secs you hear a bizarre "noise" and then that sucker comes out (normally from the right side of the screen), same "row" you are at.

The other "bug" I believe it is due to the prototype nature, I am playing on NTSC and I see a flickering 1 pixel line at the bottom of the screen.

Also, I am playing on a an XEGS and I can tell you artifacting is way off ... none of your fault just noticing.

On a different topic, the "official" RescueOnFractalus.r16 (at atarimax) seems to be locking right after the "intro" ... do you have the time and interest to take a look?.

BTW nice job with the R16 ports.

Hmm that's odd. I thought I played the game from MyIDE 2... but if there is an issue with that game, I'll fix it for you.

Not tonight, but probably soon. I'll take a look and come back here.

Thanks for the nice words!

Odd... here it works perfect.

Try this one... this is the one on my CF card which works excellent.

If this one fails also, I'll dive in it.

On PAL this one is good.

Works like a charm and the content is indeed different from the one I had starting at 0x1000.

Thanks.

Back to Tower Toppler, do you think you can find a way to fix that foes sprite/gfx?

If you don't have the time, I'm fine. I spent so much time with it on 7800, then as Nebulus on Amiga (more difficult btw because that very same foe comes to you at half rows sometimes making neither up nor down row safe), than now I'm used to have it around ;-)

I have no idea how to fix tower toppler. I'm not very good at that kind of things (although I once fixed the flag in pole position) ... I'm more into conversions on hardware level and tricks... in fact I am more 'handy' than really good at coding and that kind of things.

Perhaps when I complete JAC!'s excellent course on youtube... ;)

I have no idea how to fix tower toppler. I'm not very good at that kind of things (although I once fixed the flag in pole position) ... I'm more into conversions on hardware level and tricks... in fact I am more 'handy' than really good at coding and that kind of things.

Perhaps when I complete JAC!'s excellent course on youtube... ;)

Any chance the R16-ification messed it up a little, like accessing the wrong page or something alike?

Again, not pushing you, given it's a prototype it's not a big deal, just throwing an hypothesis.

Any chance the R16-ification messed it up a little, like accessing the wrong page or something alike?

Again, not pushing you, given it's a prototype it's not a big deal, just throwing an hypothesis.

Chance is always there. I did not test the game very well. What I could do for you is testing this game first with the original dump I have somewhere on THE!CART. This cart can run the game without patches or conversions. If the issue happens too there, then it is not the conversion.

I did compare the game a few weeks ago when I did the conversion, and I did not saw any differences. Also strange things happening to the sprites. But I can't remember a strange sound.

I'll take a look at it; and don't worry, I don't feel pressed ;)

Chance is always there. I did not test the game very well. What I could do for you is testing this game first with the original dump I have somewhere on THE!CART. This cart can run the game without patches or conversions. If the issue happens too there, then it is not the conversion.

I did compare the game a few weeks ago when I did the conversion, and I did not saw any differences. Also strange things happening to the sprites. But I can't remember a strange sound.

I'll take a look at it; and don't worry, I don't feel pressed ;)

The sound is not strange is the cue that the horizontally moving foe is about to show up, only its sprite is little garbled.

Ok here you go...

Updated version. THANKS TO FANDAL and Kr0tki!

This is for MyIDE ][

Not tested very well... but it seems to work.

Thanks for doing this. Now it's as expected ;-)

Because of the usage of artifacting the color of the water in tower 1 (Tower of the eyes) on my XEGS is purple.

I can at least how it "should" look like here:

assuming it's the right artifacting ... at least color looks full ;-)

Edited by phoenixdownita