IGNORED

I had the best of times with the Apple II.

Keatah

I had the best of times with the Apple II. Next up would be the Atari 400/800. And then the C64 & Vic-20. Somewhere in there would be the TRS-80 Pocket Computer.

On the Apple II was loads of fun to pretend so hard and make so many homebrew projects (as a kid) that you could imagine you were contacting the Voyager 2 spacecraft with a MicroModem II. Real scary stuff too. I thought I might bring back some Hydrogen disease on a radio transmission or something

With the Atari 400/800 Star Raiders is all that need be said. That and Defender. I remember using my PointMaster joystick and gyrating into positions that would horrify a Yoga therapist.

The C64 & Vic-20 were like alternate choices and there was always the promise of new and better graphics, but they never really held up against the Atari 400/800. But I also liked to make these rhythmic booming noises. In and out of phase the low frequency tones would go. Vibrating the whole house with hundreds if not thousands or millions of watts and rattling windows. Great fun. Ohh GREAT FUN!!

And the TRS-80 Pocket Computer was perfect for playing the text version of Lunar Lander, in bed, under the covers, while it was storming outside.

Edited by Keatah
  • Like 2