IGNORED

Infamous Second Son

cimerians

Been playing this lately. Had a few questions I'd rather not google and get spoilers:

- Are there a lot of powers to unlock in the game? I just started the game and I'm a completionist so I'm maxing out abilities pretty rapidly in SMOKE. Just wondering if by the end of the game its possible to unlock all of them or is a replay required? Of course only GOOD powers will be available for playing a good guy etc. Collecting blast shards is tedious but necessary.

- Best way to kill minigun officers? (Guys with the machine guns and armor). :P

- How do you unlock a checkpoint in a sector? I cleared out and beat the DUP forces in a couple of sectors but I still re-spawn at a sector thats far away.

- Anyone play both good and evil? Any major differences (spoiler free) to recommend a replay?

Been playing this lately. Had a few questions I'd rather not google and get spoilers:

- Are there a lot of powers to unlock in the game? I just started the game and I'm a completionist so I'm maxing out abilities pretty rapidly in SMOKE. Just wondering if by the end of the game its possible to unlock all of them or is a replay required? Of course only GOOD powers will be available for playing a good guy etc. Collecting blast shards is tedious but necessary.

- Best way to kill minigun officers? (Guys with the machine guns and armor). :P

- How do you unlock a checkpoint in a sector? I cleared out and beat the DUP forces in a couple of sectors but I still re-spawn at a sector thats far away.

- Anyone play both good and evil? Any major differences (spoiler free) to recommend a replay?

1 - 4 powers, and yeah, a bunch. The last one you'll get does not have as many, just keep smashing the drones for the power things and you'll be ok.. There's maybe 5 powers total if you do the "paper trail" stuff. I'm not sure about that yet

2 - Take out the smaller guys around them first, then run in a circle and keep blasting them at close range with the heavier attack. Eventually you'll get some orbital drop attack and it'll be easy from there on.

3 - I think that's after you "take" a sector via the showdown, which is always at a billboard.

4 - Just good yet for me. I'm waiting till I do the paper trail missions to see if I'll get a 5th power to try regoing as evil.

5 - Get Final Fantasy XIV. I'm sure you've seen I'm addicted to it. ;)

Cool thanks....I discovered a few things just by playing like the showdowns. Its a vast improvement over the first two games so far.

Yeah I liked FF14 and my buddy has played it for hundreds of hours. I wish the monthly fee was cheaper I would do it. I played FF12 back in the day and had fun with the beta with FF14.

What class are you playing?

I did both, evil as the second time around. There's of course differences in your interactions with the other conduits, but the big difference is the last scene from the game. Evil is a bit.. harsh. :D Not worrying about killing innocents (or anyone for that matter I suppose) or racking up bad karma makes evil easier to blow through as well.

4 - Just good yet for me. I'm waiting till I do the paper trail missions to see if I'll get a 5th power to try regoing as evil.

In case you don't know, there is no paper power in the game... :)

I did both, evil as the second time around. There's of course differences in your interactions with the other conduits, but the big difference is the last scene from the game. Evil is a bit.. harsh. :D Not worrying about killing innocents (or anyone for that matter I suppose) or racking up bad karma makes evil easier to blow through as well.

In case you don't know, there is no paper power in the game... :)

Sounds good! I'll probably play this again since I'm having a lot more fun with this than the first two. It is a little hard trying not to get civilians caught in between combat so I can see evil being a little more "relaxed" I guess.

They improved a lot of stuff.....I love the vent smoke dashes and other things that speed up gameplay. In past games it got to be a chore to do certain things. One thing I know I'm not as good at is aiming. Seems I was a lot better at it in the first two games.

They improved a lot of stuff.....I love the vent smoke dashes and other things that speed up gameplay. In past games it got to be a chore to do certain things. One thing I know I'm not as good at is aiming. Seems I was a lot better at it in the first two games.

Yeah stuff like the vent dash helps nicely. One thing that's a bit annoying in the 'travel' department is that the one super fast unlimited time running/climbing ability is limited to evil only.

That's not true, actually. I played the game as good, and I know that the second power you'll get will allow for unlimited running/climbing once you spend the shards.

That sucks about the paper power, now I'm not as interested in completing the paper trail stuff.

In FF XIV I'm playing the story as an archer, though now I'm messing with the carpenter and botanist. I love how you can change your class on the fly, I'm totally going to shoot to max out every class.

• 2 weeks later...