IGNORED

noob question about assembler

I'm just doing a cursory glance over Jaguar development. Since the Jag uses a 68000, obviously I would use the Motorola Assembly instruction set. What about the two RISC processors? Do you use a different instruction set and then link?

What is Jaguar?

Jaguar is a custom chip set primarily intended to be the heart of a very high-performance games / leisure

computer. It may also be used as a graphics accelerator in more complex systems, and applied to work-station

and business uses.

Holy shat! Sounds like they had tentative plans to make it the next Atari ST.

Sorry for going slightly off-topic. Is there a recommended tutorial for 68k programming? Something with a lean toward video game development even?

Holy shat! Sounds like they had tentative plans to make it the next Atari ST.

Sorry for going slightly off-topic. Is there a recommended tutorial for 68k programming? Something with a lean toward video game development even?

Think they would have liked to have had the Jaguar core pop up in PC type systems too, they did use it in Arcade boards afterall...

I don't know of any asm guides geared specifically towards game development. For me I view asm as being just a language that you can use to make the computer muck about with numbers with. If your number shenanigans happens to make it output a game.. win win :)

Perhaps if you can break up and prioritize your asm issues and post them in their own threads, I'd certainly be happy to help out if I can, I am sure there are others that would do too.. perhaps even end up with a few useful threads of discussion from it at the end too??

• Like 3