IGNORED

glossy cartridge sticker paper for color laser printer

grips03

I just bought a color laser printer and I was to print some cart stickers. What sticker paper do you recommend?

Is there a kind of paper that makes the sticker glossy, or do you need to laminate the sticker to do this?

I also have a Inkjet if that is better for this sort of thing.

Both. I have an HP LaserJet 5550. And I use glossy sticker paper for all my labels. There are a few excellent suppliers such as onlinelabels.com. For the spray coating, hands-down best quality stuff I've found is from papillio.com. They are based out of Texas and ship for a decent price. I think the spray coating I use is called ML-5000.

I've also used 3-inch wide heavy crystal-clear packing tape to "laminate". Works great, but it's kinda thick.

• Like 1

Both. I have an HP LaserJet 5550. And I use glossy sticker paper for all my labels. There are a few excellent suppliers such as onlinelabels.com. For the spray coating, hands-down best quality stuff I've found is from papillio.com. They are based out of Texas and ship for a decent price. I think the spray coating I use is called ML-5000.

I've also used 3-inch wide heavy crystal-clear packing tape to "laminate". Works great, but it's kinda thick.

I just ordered the glossy and weatherproof for laser printer from onlinelabels.com

LLA5000 UV Spray Laminate Aerosol.

Is the the spray you use? Is it for inkjet only or do you use on laser printed labels too?

thanks for the info

Edited by grips03
  • Like 1

You're welcome!

Yes, that's the one. LLA5000. Great stuff. Experiment by holding the spray at different distances and saturation times with a few test sheets first. They also provide you with differing spray heads that you can swap out.

I have found that you can overspray quite easily, and this will destroy your product. My preference is to lightly spray several coats with varying dry-times and temperatures. I've found that the warmer days here in Southern California are perfect for quick production and fast dry-times, but if it's windy, you're likely to get uneven spray. I wish I had an enclosed garage area with proper venting, but I don't currently. You might. I don't do a lot of inkjet work, but my guess is that your colors may run more easily. Since laser uses toner (heated, plastic particles), it's a little more bleed-proof. Still, overspray and bleeding can occur, so I tend to use short bursts.

A less expensive alternative that you can purchase at any Blick Art, Hobby Lobby, or Micheal's, is the Krylon Crystal Clear UV-proof spray. Different chemical concoction and worse odor, with a *slight* greenish hue, but it works well for darker colored projects.

Do you have a direct link for that laminate aersol? I went to their page and searched for it, but couldn't find it.

I just ordered the glossy and weatherproof for laser printer from onlinelabels.com

LLA5000 UV Spray Laminate Aerosol.

Is the the spray you use? Is it for inkjet only or do you use on laser printed labels too?

thanks for the info

Do you have a direct link for that laminate aersol? I went to their page and searched for it, but couldn't find it.

lla5000 aerosol laminate <-- I searched using this on yahoo.com and it was the first link

I tried to link post here, but it did not work

Thanks...I may have misunderstood your previous message. You didn't actually get the spray from onlinelabels.com, just the labels...it comes up from many sources when I searched for it.

lla5000 aerosol laminate <-- I searched using this on yahoo.com and it was the first link

I tried to link post here, but it did not work

what brand packing tape do you use?

Right here dude! (http://tinyurl.com/mteak6t)

This is the only 3" tape I could easily and affordably find. PM me if you'd like one of mine (as you can see, they come in a 6-pack). ;)

My method:

• I print a 6-label sheet on 8.5 x 11" label paper
  • I carefully cover each label with tape (you may want to use purple nitrile/vinyl gloves to eliminate fingerprinting)
  • I run them through my Silhouette Cameo for cutting.

Voila!

I have produced 6 beautiful glossy labels with a thick, shiny, and durable laminate!

Right here dude! (http://tinyurl.com/mteak6t)

This is the only 3" tape I could easily and affordably find. PM me if you'd like one of mine (as you can see, they come in a 6-pack). ;)

My method:

• I print a 6-label sheet on 8.5 x 11" label paper
  • I carefully cover each label with tape (you may want to use purple nitrile/vinyl gloves to eliminate fingerprinting)
  • I run them through my Silhouette Cameo for cutting.

Voila!

I have produced 6 beautiful glossy labels with a thick, shiny, and durable laminate!

so my wife also has a cameo, would you be willing to share your template you use to print and cut your labels?

I also wanted to say that I have been using just printing on laser photo paper, and using her xyron sticker maker to

turn it into a sticker.

but I really like the idea of just cutting them out on the cameo!