IGNORED

Motherboard diagrams for 8-bits?

Gunstar

Rybags, on 12 May 2014 - 11:38 PM, said:

Doing simple chip to chip continuity test should be sufficient to verify each particular trace is good. Sure there's more complex paths such as the video circuit that would require more extensive testing although visual confirmation of the image is enough to at least say it's good.

"... so thanks for nothing"

:-o :? :(

Did I miss something? Seemed like Rybags was just trying to help.

- Michael

He just assumed out of the blue that I needed to do some type of continuity testing, and I felt that assumption to be a lame response, when I'm not even asking for suggestions on testing my mobo, only if diagrams existed online as scans or whatever since they are mentioned in the FSM's.

He just assumed out of the blue that I needed to do some type of continuity testing, and I felt that assumption to be a lame response, when I'm not even asking for suggestions on testing my mobo, only if diagrams existed online as scans or whatever since they are mentioned in the FSM's.

OK thanks for the explanation.

I did find the following 800XL Component ID & Placement, hopefully this will prove useful to you, and not be considered lame ;) (just kidding :-D ).

I believe you also requested the following chip data sheets...

4264 DRAM DataSheet

81256 DRAM DataSheet

Atari Custom Chips...

POKEY Data Sheet

ANTIC Wikipedia Specs

CTIA/GTIA Wikipedia Specs

1400XL & 1450XLD Chip Data Sheets

Hope that helps :)

- Michael

• Like 1

Thank you. Yes, I can use all of this and it is very helpful.

Glad to hear that :)

If I come across anything else I'll be sure to post it. It really would be great if someone had both the resources (as in spare Atari's) and the time to desolder all of the components and then take scans of the bare boards with a table top scanner (see example below of one of my custom boards I scanned a few years ago -- very easy to make out all the details).

fPnv9H3.jpg

yTgMPtG.jpg

- Michael

• Like 1

Hello Michael

What's that gonna be when it grows up?

Sincerely

Mathy

LOL :-D

It's an embedded control board for a piece of industrial test equipment I designed back in 2010. Sorry nothing for the Atari this time. This board which has dual character displays on the back side, is linked into a 10 kilowatt transducer and a 40 amp proportional triac control module and via a keyboard or RS232 can be set to output a precise amount of power to a resistive load (heating element). Its main use is for creating a simulated heat load for a large refrigeration system.

Here's a short video showing it in action...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk_eEpIxwiU

- Michael