IGNORED

HSC11 Round 9 Poll: "I" Games

Multi Poll: VOTE for AS MANY AS YOU LIKE!  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Some lesser know games so checkout details&links on post below

• Ixion
    • Insects
    • International Karate
    • Into the Eagle's Nest
    • Invaders... Invaders... Invaders
    • Isora & Inferno

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

There are lots of I games that don't run on NTSC but I've tried the ones below using the emulator and they seem to be ok. Vote for as many as you like the sound of. Clicking the Screenshots should link to Fandal :)

Poll Closes Sunday 18th May

[PAL] In too Deep looks like it might be similar to HERO.

If we had more time and will then I'm sure Infiltrator would be worth investigating too:

infiltrator.pnginto_deep!.png

Ixion - fantastic game 10/10. Collect the letters, bash your balls :-o , heal the tiles; nice work :thumbsup:

ixion.png

Insects - ok centipede clone, we played this a while ago - in game press Select to set level, play on 3 (or 4?) then press Start again.

insects.png

International Karate - or was it World Karate Championship?! I think it was released as both not sure if they are identical but is a good game and great fun too.

Download Atarimania [sEE POST BELOW for new file version]

international_karate_2.gif

Into the Eagle's Nest - nice looking Dandy/Gauntlet style game.

into_the_eagles_nest.png

Invaders... Invaders... Invaders - Aparenty they want more punishement after round 1 of the HSC, so bring it on as we round up a bunch of Invaders games (not all starting with I) :-D

invaders_(2_bit_software).pngspace_invaders_(1982).png

deluxe_invaders.pngspace_invaders.png

Isora & Inferno - a couple of hi-res games: Isora - recentish Isometric game fill in the squares, you can rotate the screen too! Inferno - trap the baddie in with your balls :-o

isora.pnginferno.png

International Karate - or was it World Karate Championship?! I think it was released as both not sure if they are identical but is a good game and great fun too.

Download Atarimania

international_karate_2.gif

I propose look here: http://www.atari.org.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?id=11543 - here is Pavros version. IK and WKC is that same game, but made separately for Europe and for US.

O.K. I try translate some Pavros text to my poor english (sorry for all bugs) with help of googletranslator:

I developed a slightly improved versions of games International Karate ( IK ) and the World Karate Championship ( CCC ) . The most important change is that they are now versions of file archives and at the same time contain all 7 scenes. I know that there were already two versions of the file- CCC but they have some drawbacks - one required 130XE and the other was broken down on the screen and turn off the sound at the time of substitution scenery.

Here then are characterized by improved file- versions :

- Required RAM size is 64k ( disk versions require only 48k so worked well for the Atari 800) ,

- The maximum permissible MEMLO is $ 2E00 , making the game should move in every DOS ,

- Graphical data scenery exomizer packed and stored in the memory under OS ROM

- Exomizer packed game code,

- Included in the original loading screens ( in the case of IK added information about the reduced speed of the game keys X and 1-4),

- Check the size of RAM, MEMLO , the presence of BASIC or other cartridge'y and error messages are displayed in the same way as in the original version (though there are more and some have slightly different content )

- Detection video system (PAL / NTSC) and adjust the settings to it , making the game run at the correct speed in each system ,

- The ability to change the settings for the video system to the wrong ( for accustomed to slow the CCC in PAL or NTSC accelerated CIs ) using the V key at any time and the ability to restore the proper settings by Control -V,

- Correct handling of a tie for the fighting of two players - the judge pronounces the message " DRAW " ( draw) and the fight is unreliable .

Both files are intensively tested, but if , however, has yet to find any bugs then please report them .

Edit ( 2013.09.30 10.20 ) switched wkc.xex . Was corrected image visible when loading the game . Defect noticed Tezz . The file was created for the WAP-NIAK on Friday, 27.09 .

I think, that will be o.k. play on corrected version? I'mm attached it here.

ik.xex

wkc.xex

• Like 1

I don't even see how to vote for Into Deep??? :(

I forgot to say it was one of the PAL only games so didn't make the vote but I thought it might be worth a mention ;)

Ixion's kind of Qix crossed with Gridrunner. Kind of neat.

Into Deep seems like a pretty poor H.E.R.O. clone.

Well probably a good job then :-D

I don't even see how to vote for Into Deep??? :(

Yes, I want to vote for "Into the Deep," but it's not on the voting "card." For this reason I held off on my vote. My other choices will be the Invaders Genre and "Ixion." No secret ballet or surprise votes from me! It only occured to me this time that if you were to vote for every game, then that would be the same as not voting at all.

Yes, I want to vote for "Into the Deep," but it's not on the voting "card." For this reason I held off on my vote. My other choices will be the Invaders Genre and "Ixion." No secret ballet or surprise votes from me! It only occured to me this time that if you were to vote for every game, then that would be the same as not voting at all.

Voting for them multiple games (or them all!) gives me an idea as to what is popular for future contests :)

The old single vote system meant there was a lot of tactical voting and we all know what that leads to ;) erm probably not as it doesn't lead to anything but you get my drift :ponder:

Edited by therealbountybob