IGNORED

Wanted: Someone who can make me some labels...

Hi,

I'm looking for someone who can print me up some professional, high quality labels for some of my 2600 carts. I have the designs... I just need your services. If you have the capability of die cutting them too that would be a plus. :) I can send you the files at your request, just PM me. They are 360 dpi.

Thanks!

Depends on the software. You have to make them the correct ratio then set your printer settings to the exact size down to the cm and it should just work.

Some people use software to mass produce labels that will auto size them and see how many it can fit on a page, I don't have such fancy stuff.

Depends on the software. You have to make them the correct ratio then set your printer settings to the exact size down to the cm and it should just work.

Some people use software to mass produce labels that will auto size them and see how many it can fit on a page, I don't have such fancy stuff.

Never tried this so it's new to me. what software do you use and how do I tell the correct cm size? Thanks for your help.

The correct size depends on the label and you'd have to ask the experts.

I use Irfanviewer and it allows a few printing options such as exact size.

I don't make labels though so you may be better off with a google search or asking someone else. You might get more answers posting in a different section as this is usually the "to buy" section.

How I do it:

1. Print out the labels on a high quality printer.
2. Get adhesive backed laminate (FedEx/Kinkos sells it under the name LamiLabel).

3. Laminate the label sheets.

4. Cut them on a high-quality rolling blade cutter.

5. Apply your nice shiny labels!

If you print on adhesive backed paper, you can use regular laminate and get a thinner label (since you'll be peeling off the back laminate layer), but it may not stick as well.

Contact either Albert or Pboland. Both have the ability. If you have the designs and just need them printed then others may be able to help as well such as PackratVG

http://packratvg.com/

So as it stands, 2 out of the 3 initially responded to my PM/e-mail, then vanished off the face of the earth... the other is very communicative, but a bit pricey for my needs. I can't see spending almost $50 for just a few labels, especially when all I need are 4. If I was making 20 carts to sell, then I could understand. I would really like to avoid the Kinkos type places because I know they will never be able to print them at the right size and quality... plus I can't see buying a stack of laminating sheets, cutters, etc. just for a few stupid labels.

Only needing 4 is the problem. They have to do a lot of work to make just one label so there's no profit margin. If you needed hundreds then the effort to design the label would be spread out over a larger run.

Do you already have the label designed so all it needs is printing? That shouldn't cost 50 bucks. I'm told that Staples can do labels quite well and Walgreens advertises label service but they may just be trying to get a few bucks as their photo equipment is mostly sitting idle since the digital revolution.

Do you already have the label designed so all it needs is printing? That shouldn't cost 50 bucks.

Yup, just like it says in my OP :)

I'm not gonna name names... but I was quoted nearly $50 for less than 20 labels plus shipping, and that price reflects the preparation involved. I just don't see how THAT MUCH preparation is involved if one specializes in making 2600 cart labels AND that I already have the design. Sorry but, I'm not going to be the victim of a quick cash grab. I get the whole minimum quantities thing and making a profit but, some of us fans and members on here just want a few good looking labels for our carts. I wouldn't mind being stuck with a few extra labels even if I only need 2... and paying around $20 for them.

Not that I was the one quoting you that, but you need to go check how much ink costs for high quality printers. ;)

Printing the labels for the 35 Multicarts, cost around $50 in ink, this does not include the actual label sheets.

• Like 1

But you'd get that money back in the mark up of the carts right? ... Also, I'm not trying to knock anybody that does this as a side gig to make money. I understand that it's a business. It works out better for people who want to make hundreds of carts to sell, but need print work done... in the end both parties make out. The ones who just want to make a new label for their favorite game pretty much has to pay the piper or make it themselves... I totally understand. I just thought there would be an off chance that someone would be willing to take my files, size them up or down to an already existing template (that they no doubt have), and print out a few, at a price that doesn't put me in the poor house and gives the person providing the service a little spending cash.

Actually 50 dollars for 20 labels isn't bad. That's less than 3 dollars a label and you can't even get cheap ebay crap for that money. I'd get the 20 and save the ones I don't need for the future.

You also pay for quality. Getting a good adhesive paper is hard to find and impossible in the 4*6 size so the label maker usually either has to pay a fortune for special pre-cut labels or more likely use a sheet of 8*10 and then use a die cutter to make the shapes. Cheaper labels are often cut by hand and the results are never as good. It's hard to explain why but if you saw the two side by side you'd know it.

The main issue is what it's worth to you. It's like painting a car, many people refuse as they say the car isn't worth what the paint costs. Some people do it anyway because they own the car. What are the labels worth to you.

My only real advice at this point is to carefully weigh your options. Buying cheap is often worse than not buying at all.

It's a tough decision because the labels I want are for the Harmony Cart. I designed two different ones, one for the cart I have now, and one for another cart I might get down the road. Any left over labels will no doubt languish in a drawer for all eternity... because I doubt anyone would buy them from me.

FrontLabel2_zps813849ef.jpeg

FrontLabel1_zpsbc76cbe5.jpg

TopLabel1_zps5a9334cf.jpg

TopLabel2_zpse88e14a2.jpg

Whatever you say.

You're entitled to your opinion. However, opinions can be weighted by credentials. I assume you've printed very few professional grade Atari labels in your lifetime. CPUWIZ nearly does this full time and for many, many years to many, many satisfied customers.

Not saying you're wrong. Just saying that I'd take CPUWIZs experience into consideration when, er, considering his statements :) Coming at it from a first time buyers perspective I get the price shock, though.

UPDATE: I wonder if Marc does labels?

http://www.retrogamesshop.com

Like I said, WHATEVER. All the would be pro label makers can say whatever they want. In the end... they won't offer their services unless there is a substantial profit in it for them... so, it hardly matters to me anyway. This thread may as well be deleted.

No one offers any service without profit. The margin is difficult to gauge.

you didn't say you wanted 4 labels for harmony carts. That's a very specialized circumstance. Pboland might be able to get a group buy or something. Then you have to consider that Batari is the person listed as responsible to the Harmony so did you ask him about it, he may be interested in helping.

I don't actually own a Harmony yet but I would have assumed it had some sort of label on it. Some multi-carts do, many don't. I would have thought Albert would sell them also.

Well, evidently it's a huge undertaking to make just one label... that's what everyone keeps saying. If it's that much trouble, than it's probably not worth it. Down the road, I plan to upgrade to a color laser printer, I'll just print them out myself. I'll use 3M double sided tape and use laminating sheets to protect the print. I'd rather wait a few years than throw away that much coin for the real deal.

Yes, the Harmony Carts do have face labels, but I do not like the design. They don't have end labels though, and thought it would be pretty nifty if it did.

• 2 months later...