IGNORED

INTV Best Game of All Times - Round 4 - Homebrews 1/2

What is the best game in the list   

37 members have voted

1. 1. Vote the best homebrew ever for Intellivision

• Minehunter (Intelligentvision 2004)
    • 4Tris (Intelligentvision / LTO from 2000)
    • League of Light (Activision 2005)
    • Donkey Kong Arcade (Intelligentvision 2011)
    • D2K (Elektronite 2012)
    • Christmas Carol vs. The Ghost of Christmas Presents (LTO 2012)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

This is one of the polls to vote the best games ever for Intellivision :-)

Time for homebrew.

All the titles before 2011 plus the Homebrew Of The Years from 2011,2012,2013 already voted at AA.

1st AND 2nd go to SEMIFINAL

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

box.jpgbox.jpgbox.jpg

box.jpgphoto-30615.png?_r=1359427631Img2_ChristmasCarol.jpg

Edited by vprette

I wonder if a comparison between classic 125 and homebrew make sense... long developing time and better del tools for the actual developers vs professional environment and 100% daily time effort for the originals... who was in advantage

I wonder if a comparison between classic 125 and homebrew make sense... long developing time and better del tools for the actual developers vs professional environment and 100% daily time effort for the originals... who was in advantage

No, please don't.

Another comparison that would be interesting would be to see what is the

• Best homebrew existing game port (ex: DIIK, Minesweeper)
  • Best unreleased ROM (ex: League of Light, Deep Pockets),
  • Best original homebrew (ex: Christmas Carole).

However, Paddle Party might be hard to categorize since it has Pong as an existing game port and has original games like Air Hockey and Pong In Space.

Perhaps these would be some interesting polls to try out, if time permits.

• Like 1

Another comparison that would be interesting would be to see what is the

• Best homebrew existing game port (ex: DIIK, Minesweeper)
  • Best unreleased ROM (ex: League of Light, Deep Pockets),
  • Best original homebrew (ex: Christmas Carole).

However, Paddle Party might be hard to categorize since it has Pong as an existing game port and has original games like Air Hockey and Pong In Space.

Perhaps these would be some interesting polls to try out, if time permits.

I think there are not enough games to propose those unusual polls... but a s a matter of facts the new titles are incresing a lot since 2014 and we await zaxxon, smurf and boulderdash ports... so we can discuss new categories...

Edited by vprette
  • Like 1

I think there are not enough games to propose those unusual polls... but a s a matter of facts the new titles are incresing a lot since 2014 and we await zaxxon, smurf and boulderdash ports... so we can discuss new categories...

You're probably right. In a year or so, we should have a nice set for each category.

D2K and Carol are in a league by themselves and I want them BOTH to advance, no question.

D2K did things with the system that I wouldn't have imagined possible on the Intellivision. It filled a void left by Coleco's Donkey Kong and showed what the game should have been like back in the day.

Christmas Carol has an addictive game-play quality with entertaining characters and intermission scenes that add to the fun. It's without a doubt the homebrew that I've played the most and see myself playing again and again.

With all said, I voted Carol. Fun, addictive game that always brings a smile to my face (except for when that ^%$#*ing Ghost touches me ...)

Edited by Fushek
  • Like 2

I voted for 4-Tris. TBH as much fun as I've had with all of these, it's the only one I played really extensively. That, in no way whatsoever, reflects on the quality of these titles! I've honestly enjoyed all of them. But life is funny in where you end up able to spend time on hobbies. I hope I'm making some wise choices in that regard, but only time will tell.

D2K and Carol are in a league by themselves and I want them BOTH to advance, no question.

D2K did things with the system that I wouldn't have imagined possible on the Intellivision. It filled a void left by Coleco's Donkey Kong and showed what the game should have been like back in the day.

Christmas Carol has an addictive game-play quality with entertaining characters and intermission scenes that add to the fun. It's without a doubt the homebrew that I've played the most and see myself playing again and again.

With all said, I voted Carol. Fun, addictive game that always brings a smile to my face (except for when that ^%$#*ing Ghost touches me ...)

I agree with most.... I did expect more 4tris votes.. but Im not surprised by the result

d2k push the intv far away of my expectations.... can you imagine this game back in '83 making a storm when compared to colecovision?

d2k push the intv far away of my expectations.... can you imagine this game back in '83 making a storm when compared to colecovision?

The Intellivision would have sold a LOT more units!