IGNORED

Atari 800 compatibility with 800XL : what's new ?

Dizzy

Hello,

I own an Atari 800 wich of course, mainly because of the lack of memory, does not run all the XL games, I miss some of them ... I read all the threads regarding problems to have usable 64K RAM to run 64K games.

Some guys made their own memory expansion and other modings, but I could not find anywhere a product for sale which would give to the 800 the 800XL compatibility.

Does anyone know if such a product does exist now and is for sale ? If yes, when can I buy it ?

Thanks !

There's the Incognito board that will most closely turn your Atari 800 into a - very well equipped - 800XL with lots of extra features over the plain XL. Look here for a list of features and search this forum for Incognito for more information. Check the thread to see if you can still join production run #3. It will allow you to switch back and forth between various OS configurations including "plain 800" although you can't turn it into an 800XL with four joystick ports and the PBI does not have the same connector as the 800XLs (and is internal).

(Expansion idea: turn extra two joystick ports on Incognito 800 into MultiJoy compatible ports ;-) Technically beyond my scope, but would be worthwhile....

Well I would Post in the Preorder #3 Because some of the guys bought extra's to make the run happen.

Also some of the guys have not paid which means he will have extra's

Also Mimo Has a brand new one for sale, not sure it it is still is ?

I have been using mine every day since New years day 2013 AWESOME!

I would not worry about candle at all.

• Like 1