IGNORED

Atari XL/Regan Cheng contact info?

mwichary

I am in the process of writing a photo essay about the Atari XL line of computers, which I grew up on, and grew to value industrial design of tremendously. I have two questions:

I have accumulated quite a bit of the XL line over the year or two (see photo of most of the collection: http://www.aresluna.org/atari-photos/0-overview.jpg) and after I’m done with my photography, I won’t really have a good use for them.
What should I do with those machines? Is there anyone interested in grabbing this wholesale? Should I put it up on eBay? I’ve never really sold vintage computers in any capacity, so I’m curious what works and what doesn’t.
I am looking for contact information for Regan Cheng, who as far as I understand was responsible for the design of the 1200XL and the XL line. I would love to chat with him if possible about some of the design decisions, nuances, stories, etc.
Here’s a sample of a few of the many photos I took to celebrate/highlight those machines:
(And if there are any other people who contributed to the 400/800/XL/XE line as far as product design or packaging design, I would love to be connected if possible.)
Thanks in advance for any help!
0-overview.jpg
  • Like 2

Great collection and great photos! How did you get them so white?

No way I could take this wholesale, wife and bank would kill me Even if I could afford shipping (presuming this to be US based).

If no one takes it wholesale you'll probably maximize revenue by selling on EBay. As you have the pics already ;-) the hardest task for online selling is done....

I am in the process of writing a photo essay about the Atari XL line of computers, which I grew up on, and grew to value industrial design of tremendously. I have two questions:

I have accumulated quite a bit of the XL line over the year or two (see photo of most of the collection: http://www.aresluna.org/atari-photos/0-overview.jpg) and after I’m done with my photography, I won’t really have a good use for them.
What should I do with those machines? Is there anyone interested in grabbing this wholesale? Should I put it up on eBay? I’ve never really sold vintage computers in any capacity, so I’m curious what works and what doesn’t.

Well,

I take the 1400XL, 1450XLD, 1600XL,1850XLD and any other XL prototype... :grin:

and while we are at it, I also take the 65XEM and the 65XEP. :-D

-Andreas Koch.