IGNORED

am I underestimating prices on CIB commons?

For some reason this guy insists this is a fair price even though it has been for sale for over 3 months without an offer

and refuses to sell me the French Canadian Roulette separately.

"Anyways you are welcome to your opinion but I have been doing collectibles for 25 years plus and feel I know what I am doing."

I thought most of these games were quite common but maybe prices have gone up lately?

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-old-video-games/london/intellivision-and-atari-games-lot-for-sale-600-obo/563634768?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Opinions?

I did some quick math on this. Some of his prices are high but others are low. I came to ~$575 USD, which isn't that far off from his $650 USD (his price of $709 is likely in Canadian $ since the website ends in .ca)...

... however, my price is based off of adding up the price of each game when sold single/separate on eBay. Because of shipping costs and other fees, this tends to push up prices on the cheap games (hard to justify sell a game for $1 with free shipping if shipping costs the seller $3). Since this is being sold as a single lot, that should take a good chunk off of the $575 price.

In a nutshell, he is a bit over-priced and likely willing to trade time-to-sell in favor of cash. However, he's not insane like this guy is http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intellivision-INTV-III-3-Complete-Collection-Video-Game-Library-Console-System-/291031588046?pt=Video_Games&hash=item43c2d59cce.

His Intellivision games are way on the high end of normal, even if they were mint/opened. Sure, on a really good day, he might get close those prices if he sold them individually, but it's a bulk lot. Most people don't have $600 laying around for old video games. If I could get those prices, then I REALLY need to unload my piles of commons. I value most commons around $2-5 in a bulk lot if in average condition. Poor CIB copies closer $1. Mint commons are closer to $5-12. French Canadian CIB in average to good condition, maybe $8-10 each. Big bulk lots hit a price ceiling quick. Remember the recent near complete super lot that totally blew this one out of the water? The one that went for like $800? Around 2 years ago I bought a lot with like 60 CIB games including Dig Dig, Thunder Castle, Dracula, Commando, MOTU, Adventures of Tron, Yogi's Frustration, Rocky & Bullwinkle, DK Arcade, a system changer, Music Synthesizer, Intellivision 2, ECS, Intellivoice, a FULL SET of Series 1 Repro boxes (including Wing War).....for $378 (shipped). At the time I estimated the value at $800. Just sayin' :)

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

Then again Jason is not known as a high tipper either. :grin: For him going dutch means he'll pay for the meal when you eat with him in Amsterdam.