IGNORED

Electrocop for 7800

Prosystemsearch

Ok so either someone else has the source code...ooorrr...the code is completely gone on to vaporware heaven...would Amy be willing to release her material to someone who would like to take on the task of using the material to make the game?...I know that the LYNX has a version of it and that could be a starting point.

Maybe AMY has some idea of what was the main concept of the code???

Would PacManPlus pick up this game and run with it??? Maybe a collaboration??

If I knew how to program the 7800 I would be all over this but alas I am in the dark about such things.

Just a thought.

I know that the LYNX has a version of it and that could be a starting point.

Unfortunately, I believe the Lynx version represents more of a 'Xybots'-type game than what this Electrocop version was shooting for on the 7800.

Absolutely would love to see this game flushed-out - and having experienced such things being deemed impossible or never going to happen (It was only a few years ago that POKEY sound was stated to be impossible for 7800 Donkey Kong without original 7800 source code)...I would indeed not rule it out. :)

A dev may come along and try their hand at it, or for all we know someone may already be working on a similar (and even better?) game.

• Like 2

Ok so either someone else has the source code...ooorrr...the code is completely gone on to vaporware heaven...would Amy be willing to release her material to someone who would like to take on the task of using the material to make the game?...I know that the LYNX has a version of it and that could be a starting point.

Amy only has the scans of the material - look at the original thread - the source files were on an ST dev system and are long gone..

sTeVE

The loss of 7800 Electrocop is like the burning of the Library of Alexandria.

I know you're just playing, but as a Classical scholar, the burning of the Library of Alexandria is like losing all video games except Space Invaders, Pac-Man, Final Fantasy VII, and Doom III. Imagine what terrible world we would live in if that happened! :(

• Like 3

I know you're just playing, but as a Classical scholar, the burning of the Library of Alexandria is like losing all video games except Space Invaders, Pac-Man, Final Fantasy VII, and Doom III. Imagine what terrible world we would live in if that happened! :(

I could live with the loss of everything Nintendo burning up in an all -consuming flame. Same with Commodore.

The people responsible for the destruction of the Library of Alexandria I see as pure criminals who deserve nothing but hate.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The pictures Amy supplied look very nice.

Obviously, Lynx Electrocop could not even serve as a starting point for a 7800 version though. Kind of a strange strategy back in the day, to simply tell her to do a game that suits the name Electrocop (generic as the name is) without attempting to actually tie it in with the Lynx game, but that's Atari for you.

I always wondered how on earth Electrocop was to work on the 7800, seeing that it was a game that made such extensive use of the Lynx scaling capabilities. Now it's clear.

But even if the sourcecode is lost, there's still a chance a cartridge exists. If it was shown at that show at least one must have existed, probably a few more to show execs etc. Prototypes of unreleased games pop up when you least exoect it, Electrocop may be lying in a box on some attic and eventually turn up in a garage sale. You never know.

• Like 1