IGNORED

Original Intellivision system box - different?

Hey, everyone,

I don't usually post here, but I do read through the Intellivision area from time to time. This seems to be a pretty knowledgeable forum, so I am hoping someone here knows more about this Intellivision. It seems to be an original system and has a picture of the Keyboard Component on it, but it says NFL Football is included. There is then a sticker saying NFL football is not included, Las Vegas Poker and Blackjack is.

Is this a normal everyday box that I just haven't seen before or some sort of mutant variant?

post-21365-0-06111100-1401279900_thumb.jpg

post-21365-0-01366400-1401279919_thumb.jpg

post-21365-0-84093900-1401279938_thumb.jpg

post-21365-0-76369500-1401294846_thumb.jpg

post-21365-0-12669900-1401294867_thumb.jpg

post-21365-0-38228300-1401294886_thumb.jpg

I think there were several different pack-ins for the Intellivision II in addition to Astrosmash, including Lock 'n' Chase and BurgerTime. The latter may have been in the form of a coupon to take to the store, not sure.

I'm sure foreign markets had some variations as well.

As Mike said, that's one of the early release boxes. Is there a serial number on it?

Yes, I attached additional pictures of it and the back of the box. Do serial numbers give an absolute manufacture date?

And I am sure that this sold in December, 1980, if that helps for identification purposes.

• 8 months later...

I see... box only. How much?

Oh, no, the system is in there, too, and it works.

Ordinarily, I'd put a price on it and place it the marketplace, but this time, I'd like it to go to someone here, if possible. This just seems like a good natured forum, from what I've read. Anyway, I was thinking $35 + shipping, unless I'm told otherwise.

Ordinarily, I'd put a price on it and place it the marketplace, but this time, I'd like it to go to someone here, if possible. This just seems like a good natured forum, from what I've read. Anyway, I was thinking $35 + shipping, unless I'm told otherwise.

Sweet, I could use a spare system. PM sent!

That's a very good price for such an early release. Nice.

• Like 1