IGNORED

Season 3/ Week 14 ~ The NEW HSC ~ Paddle Week 1 ~ Circus Atari (6A)

Vocelli

Comeback with a venegance, I would say. Congratulations!

The cool thing about this game is: once you're in a flow, you know the rollage can be done. At least that's how it feels to me. Gosh, I love this kind of game.

Thanks, Karo! I've always had a special affinity for paddle games. Perhaps because I'm from the Pong generation :ponder:

• Like 2

I used to roll this one all the time when I was a kid (but I also had a real paddle.) Some tips:

You can press the button to flip the teeter-totter. This is useful near the edges, where it might be impossible to catch a clown if you don't flip.

If the clown hits the edge, they will slow down.

You score 1 point foe hitting the teeter-totter, which is useful when trying to score '9's.

If you clear a rack, an 'X' appears next to the score to indicate you have a bonus life clown.

(I seem to remember that on a real system, you can swing the teeter-totter back amd forth with the paddle faster than the collision detection could determine if you hit the ground. Didn't try this with my mouse/emulator. If true, it would be almost impossible to lose a clown.)

Good tips, Capitan!

I would like to add just one more:

The shiny, pretty balloons are very attractive to an ADD gamer such as myself. :dunce: Thus, be careful not to focus visual attention on the balloons (it's easy to slip into unconsciously!) Always focus on the clown.

Then again, maybe this is hyper-obvious and I'm the only one who needs this tip :?: :ponder:

Played again, did clear that first screen: 644

Content for now, but maybe I'll want to try for a "real score" later.

As for the bonus, I've gotten 9s in both ones, and 9s in both tens places multiple times, but have not paid enough attention for 99s in each, nor have I gotten 9 in the hundreds yet, so just go with a minimal +1 bonus [don't think that will really require a picture].

Edited by DT Kofoed

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rainbow Kitty makes an appearance from behind the clouds

I don't like it. I really, really don't. Too gory when they splat their heads on the ground.

I don't like paddles. I hope Demons to Diamonds will be more fun!

• Like 4

Rainbow Kitty makes an appearance from behind the clouds

I don't like it. I really, really don't. Too gory when they splat their heads on the ground.

I don't like paddles. I hope Demons to Diamonds will be more fun!

You have to see it like in a Roadrunner cartoon, Kitty. Comic figures can take a lot of punishment :-). Also, I'm glad that you like Demons and Diamonds better. Paddles ARE great controllers once you get used to them a bit.

982 ................ 99 RED BALLOONS GO BY..........

1 BLOODY RED BALLOOOOOOON LEFT IN THE SKY FOR ABOUT 5 MINS...................!!!!! :mad:

Lost 2 lives trying to pop it :sleep: :skull: :P :twisted:

You heard it here folks.... no peace for mankind. :thumbsdown:

JUST WATCH OUT FOR ME IN DEMONS... IT'S GONNA BE A MUCH BETTER SHOW. :thumbsup:

post-3059-0-38270100-1402282403_thumb.jpg

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
  • Like 2

Thanks, Karo! I've always had a special affinity for paddle games. Perhaps because I'm from the Pong generation :ponder:

Yeah, you are real paddle-man Gorfy, I'm pretty good with paddles, but this game isn't one of them. I do remember the Solar Storm wars of 2011,.... you topped that paddle cart too!

Stan Posted Wed Sep 7, 2011 11:59 PM Damn, Gorf and Jake killing like usual. You guys cream. I'm going to give it a go after I finish my rice over heaaaaah.

Season 9 - Game 25

• 10,000 (Gorfy) [+11][+5]
  • 6,490 (JacobZu7zu7) [+10][+5]

Standings

• JacobZu7zu7 [412]
  • toymailman [383]
  • oyamafamily [341]
  • Gorfy [297]
  • DT Kofoed [250]

This was the old days before the North/Captain take over! ;)

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
  • Like 2

RAATS

I just realized I forgot to post my score from last night!! 3054

this must be the 5th or 6th time I've done that >8^{

I never figured out what makes a short or high jump. i've decided it's rancom. I've gotten both on the end of the board & both toward the middle. both whether moving or staying. many times I thought I would roll it but crashed. rats.

• Like 1

RAATS

I just realized I forgot to post my score from last night!! 3054

this must be the 5th or 6th time I've done that >8^{

I never figured out what makes a short or high jump. i've decided it's rancom. I've gotten both on the end of the board & both toward the middle. both whether moving or staying. many times I thought I would roll it but crashed. rats.

Luckly it didn't cost you any points... but it does sting... when you post too late or forget. :P

Doesn't Gorfy get +50 for rollin' along with Captain homie :?

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
  • Like 2