IGNORED

too much stuff

TI-Sissy

There are very many types of menu loader programs and what is best for you depends on your needs and set-up. Here are a few suggestions:

BOOT,BOOTU allows you to run up to 22 menu items from the selections shown on the 3 screens. It can be run from an XB module because it has a LOAD program. It can run XB and EA 5 programs but not EA 3 programs. You can catalog another disk and run programs from that disk by highlighting the program name on the catalog listing.

MENU is similar to BOOT but with fewer bells and whistles.

LOAD MASTER has many similarities to BOOT and MENU but creates it own menu from files on the disk. The program was written by Mickey (Schmitt) Cendrowski and the late Bruce Harrison helped her to add a routine to identify the type of program listed on the menu.

FUNNELWEB. I have listed it because that is what I use. In fact I have FWB load BOOT and MENU as menu items. If you only use floppy disks FWB may be overkill because you will spend a lot of time swapping disks. FWB has a bit of a learning curve but it allows you to use only an XB module to replace the need to have a TIW and/or EA module.

My guess is that LOAD MASTER or BOOT would serve your needs quite well. I have not looked but the whterm site should have these programs.

Have a nice day from the sunny Maritimes,

Jacques

• Like 1

In the near future you also have this one to pick from:

http://o-p-a.biz/ramos/

Ramos.jpg

RAMOS was written as an updated MENU program to replace the common used BOOT program supplied with ROS v8.14 software for the Horizon RAMDISK.

But RAMOS is totally 100% new Assembly Code, produced with the help at time of the 9T9 Assembly SIG from the 9T9 Toronto Users Group, and it makes use of not just large RAMDISK’s, but also fully supports HFDC and full 16 banks of GROM Cartridges like the POP-Cart and other large GRAM devices, plus of course 80-column mode.

Again this program has been recently been recovered, thanks in part of some ex-OPA employees saving TI99 stuff for no reason, and as such we are now working on updating to support Nano-PEB and CF7+ usage and plan to make it one of our ‘public’ releases later on this year as part of our 30th birthday party event.

I plan on releasing it soon to public with source code, just trying to figure out why it does not work on CF7+ or Classic99 for doing directories of drives and some other minor issues, it was written before all those new fancy stuff was invented when Myarc HDFC was top new dog, and before the coming of 'emulators'.

Really have to get MESS setup and track down the final issues with it. -- BTW, is there a CF7+ emulator in MESS or other emulators?

• Like 3

RXB 2012 if you are using it, has a XB program called LOADER in the RXB package.

LOADER creates a LOAD program for XB that can handle up to 434 programs of any type.

It will load EA3, EA5 and XB or BASIC programs.

Edited by RXB
  • Like 2

Ramos.jpg

I plan on releasing it soon to public with source code, just trying to figure out why it does not work on CF7+ or Classic99 for doing directories of drives and some other minor issues, it was written before all those new fancy stuff was invented when Myarc HDFC was top new dog, and before the coming of 'emulators'.

Really have to get MESS setup and track down the final issues with it. -- BTW, is there a CF7+ emulator in MESS or other emulators?

Gary, there are a few older threads here that describe CF7/nanoPEB usage of VDP RAM and modification of the pointer at 0x8370. Essentially, CF7 uses 8 bytes to track the volume info. Funnelweb and a few other programs are affected. Might be worth looking into.

with so many programs i need a menu loader. what is the best and why?

There are very many types of menu loader programs and what is best for you depends on your needs and set-up. Here are a few suggestions:

BOOT,BOOTU allows you to run up to 22 menu items from the selections shown on the 3 screens. It can be run from an XB module because it has a LOAD program. It can run XB and EA 5 programs but not EA 3 programs. You can catalog another disk and run programs from that disk by highlighting the program name on the catalog listing.

Sissy,

I agree 100% with Jacques on his assessment. If you still only have TI-Extended BASIC your options are a little limited, but BOOT is a FANTASTIC program to use. It's available << HERE >>. Now if you've finally gotten a Super Cart, QUIKLOAD is another option I would recommend.

• Like 1

Ramos.jpg

Will this run as the start up from a HRD?

Will this run as the start up from a HRD?

Yes originally that what it was designed for to be included in the ROS_9 package for Horizon Ramdisks.

On the left side you have small box, it can contain up to 4 categories, so you can split your loading of programs up how you want, different sections.

On the right side is the currently active menu list of programs to load, of which there is two pages of, using the T to toggle them.

C for Cartridge menu, also brings up all banks of GROMs so for those with pop-carts, hsgpl, or pgrams or future devices like ubergrom.

M for menu editor, makes it easy to setup all the various paths to load the programs from and labels, which also supports 80col text mode to make editing the list easier.

Same for V view file it also supports 80col. text mode for viewing text files.

And D of course displays a windowed view of your devices, allowing you to explore even hdd's with their internal path and directories.

• Like 2

Yes originally that what it was designed for to be included in the ROS_9 package for Horizon Ramdisks.

On the left side you have small box, it can contain up to 4 categories, so you can split your loading of programs up how you want, different sections.

On the right side is the currently active menu list of programs to load, of which there is two pages of, using the T to toggle them.

C for Cartridge menu, also brings up all banks of GROMs so for those with pop-carts, hsgpl, or pgrams or future devices like ubergrom.

M for menu editor, makes it easy to setup all the various paths to load the programs from and labels, which also supports 80col text mode to make editing the list easier.

Same for V view file it also supports 80col. text mode for viewing text files.

And D of course displays a windowed view of your devices, allowing you to explore even hdd's with their internal path and directories.

Well that looks really cool. Do you have an ETA?