IGNORED

Larry Kaplan and Bob Whitehouse

Chaotix

This may have been asked before. But does anyone know what happened to the old Activision developers?, and maybe dropped them a line to discuss herding tactics on Stampede?

If this has been discussed before could somebody point me in the right direction as I'd like to see what was said.

That guy has posted here 4 times and the first response he gets to a good question is a spelling correction?? Jeepers creepers buddy. I cant help this guy but I would advise him maybe to read the instructions in the Rarity guide.

Herding tactics on Stampede:

Get top 3 rows, herd bottom 3 all together as necessary.

Repeat in reciprocal format.

Don't miss. No dogie should need to be herded more than twice.

This works great until about the 8th time the gap occurs in the herd. The dogies then get stubborn and refuse to be herded forward. This usually results in instant death for me around 36,000 points. I have broken 50,000 on one of the random appearance games(3?), since more black angus appear and give you more points befor the 8th gap!! Todd Rogers is the only one I know to score much better than this. I do not know how his tactics differ from my own. Hope this helps. PM me if you would like more details.

PS-misspelling a name in the title of your post is a great way to get more smart asses to view it!! ;)

Bob Whitehead helped found Accolade but he left the game business after burning out on it.

I spoke to him over the phone about participating in Stell at 20 and he said he mostly forgot all of his 2600 era stuff so he would not be a very good interview. He seemed very emotionally bitter about his time in the game business. The industry may have been pretty hard to him on the way out the door.

After Larry Kaplan left Activision he went back to Atari to manage the consumer group for a while, then he left the business to take work occasional work as an upper level manager in and around silicon valley.

He worked in some management capacity at Pixar when A Bug's Life was in development hell. I wonder whether he's in the end-credits? He left before the movie was completed. He's had a history of leaving when the going gets rough back to the early days of the Amiga. He's known not to have the patience to work under sub-optimal conditions.

But I don't think Larry's worked consistently since the mid 80s, nor has he had to from a financial sense.

I wish he'd come to one of the CGE's.

Same with the other Larry (Larry Wagner).

Actually Larry worked on the movie Antz. While he did make some good cash out of Activision he did not make as much as you would think. His wife Suzy is still a Librarian and last I talked to Larry (about 2 years ago) he was still working as a contractor (web coder) for a large online brokerage firm in the Bay Area.

It's a shame Larry has never been to CGE as he would be a huge hit with his stories! One of the nicest guys you could ever meet.

Jerry