IGNORED

thoughts?

grips03

I have a thought. Threads with titles that give you some clue as to what the thread is about would be nice.

Oh and purple looks cool but what is it? You don't even say in the opening post.
Unless people have been following your other posts they will have no idea.

I have a thought to share, although it may be regarded as a little off-topic: How hard would it be to design a brand new CV joypad with a PCB similar to this one? What I mean is, are there third-party D-pads and buttons that could be purchased and installed on a PCB like this, and then all that would remain would be to install a proper DB9 cable and create a custom plastic casing for it?

Just toying around with everybody's brain cells... ;)

I have a thought to share, although it may be regarded as a little off-topic: How hard would it be to design a brand new CV joypad with a PCB similar to this one? What I mean is, are there third-party D-pads and buttons that could be purchased and installed on a PCB like this, and then all that would remain would be to install a proper DB9 cable and create a custom plastic casing for it?Just toying around with everybody's brain cells... ;)

That's exactly what chart45 and I will figure ;)

Next time I'm going to moldex I will ask Sylvia for a quote

Edited by retroillucid

That's exactly what chart45 and I will figure ;)

Next time I'm going to moldex I will ask Sylvia for a quote

The casing should be the last thing to investigate. I'm more interested in knowing if there's a D-pad available that's not complete crap... Buttons are usually less of a problem. :)

rev 1.5

moved the coleco cable connector to match the famicom network

reduced .1 header to 7 pins needed - as space for 9 pin header is not there

rerouted pcb - next time I think I'll cheat and use a 4 layer board

post-27883-0-06475800-1402265577_thumb.png

post-27883-0-25719000-1402265583_thumb.png

Edited by grips03

Im very happy to see more development on this gamepad .. There is still the problem of finding original FCs since sellers overseas sellers seem to have caught on about us CV guys repurposing them for our consoles and have inflated the price to well beyond reasonable. Im half afraid to talk about it openly due to this.. However if you guys can get new molds and parts made then will have conquered that problem and we wont have to worry as much.. it could then possibly be more affordable to all serious CV players/fans, etc.. without sacrificing the originals. Kudos to all you guys

I personally love the original NES/SNES pads and have no problems there..

• Like 1

6 monts ago i could buy famicom network for 25 free shipping. now its impossible they always ask 50 + shipping or they sell the complet set for 100 $ + shipping... its way too expensive with the labor + ntt pcb....but with the complet board if it cost 100$ or less and cotroller 50 its good since it will be so easy hook db9 and done deal more people will be able to make them.... hope that repro could be done and expert (grips no pressure just hope :) ) could put them compatible with intv... more people could use the same casing just different pcb this way more chance that project can happen

Edited by chart45
  • Like 1

6 monts ago i could buy famicom network for 25 free shipping. now its impossible they always ask 50 + shipping or they sell the complet set for 100 $ + shipping... its way too expensive with the labor + ntt pcb....but with the complet board if it cost 100$ or less and cotroller 50 its good since it will be so easy hook db9 and done deal more people will be able to make them.... hope that repro could be done and expert (grips no pressure just hope :) ) could put them compatible with intv... more people could use the same casing just different pcb this way more chance that project can happen

with current d-pad limitations I have to use a CPLD and hence a battery. I guess I could make one take a coin cell for super battery fun changing excitement :)

• Like 1

how long can it last since you could put this inside with the the coin cell in

4F518551-7500-4D96-9F6F-363FCE7A5DE4.jpg

coin cell would last a week. I can improve slightly by removing reverse polarity protection and using a slightly better dc-dc converter, and perhaps tweaking CPLD operation, but I have little to no time to do this. It would be a 2017 project at the earliest.