IGNORED

ILS Atari Keyboard Replacement Hardware Project!

Speaking of 1200XL keyboard. Only problem I have with that keyboard are the connection points where the keyboard mylar touches the PCB. So yes: that is also a mylar related issue.

Really it's a glue problem. If they'd used an adhesive which didn't perish and crack, the thing would still work. I've yet to come across a 1200XL keyboard with issues other than this.

The order the mods are important. I have an Keyboard hardware plugged into the Pokey slot on the mobo and the my Lotharek Stereo Pokey plugged into the 40 pin slot of the Keyboard mod. This end up being a tall stack of board and will not fit into a normal case. I have a 130xe installed in a tower case.

SteveI

After Looking real close at the Stereo Board and the KRH you could install them together but it would require very good soldering. insted of using the 40 pin board interconnect, you would need to solder a ribbon cable or wires. 13 wirees would need to be connected to the underside of the board and then hooked to the pokey. Then you could plug the stereo board in to the socketeand go from there.

Steve

Hello Marius

I bought one for the improved molars years ago for one of my XE's, can't remember which one. As far as I know it's still working as it should, but I don't use my Atari's much anymore.

I've tried the 1200XL and its keyboard and was very much disappointed. I really do not like that keyboard.

Sincerely

Mathy