IGNORED

Season 3/ Week 16 ~ The NEW HSC ~ Atari World Cup Soccer

Vocelli

If only Pele worked the same way. That game goes like this: Kick ball, opponent takes it, runs down field, kicks to my goalie who passes it out to my guys, kick 3 times, opponent takes ball back, repeat until opponent scores. sigh

For Pele Soccer, you can save some time by allowing the computer to score on you. When you control the ball on the kickoff, a simple pattern can beat the computer.

Hold Left/Right and the Fire button: The ball will move to the side.

Almost immediately hold diagonally forward so that one of your bottom triangle guys can kick the ball.

Kick the ball hard (hold, don't tap the fire button) against the wall and bounce it.

1.) Have your forward kick the ball straight forward.

1a.) Let the computer get the ball, and cut off their diagonal pass in-front of the goal. Press the fire button when the ball contacts your player.

2.) Have your forward kick the ball diagonally in front of the goal.

2a.) Rush toward the ball, and kick hard when you get in range. Tap left/right mid-kick to confuse the goalie.

I haven't completely mastered the technique, but I can get in the 10s easily.

Pele Soccer - 16-18 (bested below)

gallery_38581_1110_436.jpg

Edited by CapitanClassic
  • Like 2

I'll just take a seat in the 40-goal-club. The theoretical maximum is 45-50. I can personally score 9 goals in 1 minute, so I think I can beat this with a little more practice. Unfortunately, I have Pele to deal with. Anyone want a video with the simple pattern to steal the ball and score a goal in 6 seconds?
Real Sports Soccer - 40-0

Pele Soccer - 20-5

gallery_38581_1110_2392.pngsml_gallery_38581_1110_2953.png

This is one of those situations where I wish we were playing the difference between our scores and the CPU. I actually have a pretty good strategy to steal the ball from the computer, but it is slightly less efficient than just letting the computer score.

Edited by CapitanClassic
  • Like 1

Here is the pattern I use against the computer in Real Sports Soccer.

If you run directly at the opponent after scoring a goal, then hit backward as you touch the ball, you will steal it.

Then hit diagonally-backwards, then forwards. Usually, the computer will be headed the wrong way and you can out run him. If you cannot, just juke up and down and he won't gain speed. The computer will not run straight if you are within a small band just above/below the bottom/top of the middle players possible movement range. Within the band, the computer will continually move up and down, from the edge of the possible movement range to just above/below your player.

When you shoot a goal, be sure that the computer is moving straight ahead. Otherwise, when they begin the next point, they will be moving the opposite direction they were moving just before you scored. It is much harder to steal the ball, but you can usually do so if you immediately move down (if the computer is going to move down) to get in their path, then hit backwards as you touch the ball.

Edited by CapitanClassic
  • Like 1

awesome Lid, glad to see you! **^#@those other threads%*#@?*

thanks Capitan from me too, I'm doing horrible at these games, I think I just don't like them very much is the problem. I find myself craving to turn it off rather than hit reset! the vids are helping, but I still haven't gotten the knack of getting away from the RS forward like you do. I have no problem stealing the ball but they always outrun me & steal it back which often results in them scoring. but a little more practice & reviewing the vid ought to make a difference...

my best so far at RS Soccer: 3-20 :roll:

at least I'm scoring i guess

• Like 2

Thank you, guys. You are awesome. :thumbsup:

AtariAge could be 1000 times better and still all friends I've met here are much more important.

AtariAge could be 1000 times worse and I still would have you as a great reason to continue.

As NCG said, let's fight a little more. :jango:

LID!!!!!!!!! Yahoo!!!!!!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :thumbsup: ;-)

• Like 2

awesome Lid, glad to see you! **^#@those other threads%*#@?*

thanks Capitan from me too, I'm doing horrible at these games, I think I just don't like them very much is the problem. I find myself craving to turn it off rather than hit reset! the vids are helping, but I still haven't gotten the knack of getting away from the RS forward like you do. I have no problem stealing the ball but they always outrun me & steal it back which often results in them scoring. but a little more practice & reviewing the vid ought to make a difference...

my best so far at RS Soccer: 3-20 :roll:

at least I'm scoring i guess

I'm with you Baz, both on your comment about the other threads and on your dislike of these games. I think Pele's soccer is o.k., but I'm just not into it right now. On the other hand, I have a bright, new copy of Moon Cresta that just came in the mail from the AA store. Guess what I'm playin' right now?

Thank you, guys. You are awesome. :thumbsup:

AtariAge could be 1000 times better and still all friends I've met here are much more important.

AtariAge could be 1000 times worse and I still would have you as a great reason to continue.

As NCG said, let's fight a little more. :jango:

AH... WE KNOW ;) :D

Atari Age could be 1,000 times worse if you stay gone! :D

RS Soccer

30-5

Broke 30 goals.

post-3059-0-17430200-1403343637_thumb.jpg

• Like 3