IGNORED

when?

Stun Runner 87

Sadly 7800 carts have gone up in price around here - for the few places that still have any of them. Early-run 2600 carts they're practically giving away, though.

I can use "early-run 2600 carts" as well, if you can get them inexpensively and they are in good condition! This includes silver-label carts.

Thanks,

..Al

the 7800 XM: Basically a 32X for the 7800 prosystem, only GOOD :D :D :D :D :D

No its not anything like 32x we went thru this as well.. its hsc, 128ram, pokey, yahmaha sound chip. NOT an entirely different system like so many people keep claiming and being wrong about.

Yes, plus they will all be consistent in quality, and I can have "AtariAge" embossed on the back. They will use the same size labels as Atari's shells, and also work with standard Atari-size PCBs. They will not have any holes under the label surfaces (unlike 7800 and later 2600 carts). I probably will keep the screw under the main label.

..Al

I really cannot like this status enough. This is just fantastic news, all of it and your last post, too! You know how I feel?

• Like 1

Indeed, this is excellent news! Recycling old shells may be environmentally friendly, but with the exception of retrofitting old boards with new ROMs, it's always been the most cumbersome part of the cartridge-creating process. It will be so great to see new 2600 and 7800 cartridges made with all-new components!

Are you thinking of making different colors, or sticking with basic black?

• Like 1

No its not anything like 32x we went thru this as well.. its hsc, 128ram, pokey, yahmaha sound chip. NOT an entirely different system like so many people keep claiming and being wrong about.

Are you flustered by the simple comparison to the 32X. That wasn't intentional. But yeah, there are going to be games that will not work without the XM.

Are you flustered by the simple comparison to the 32X. That wasn't intentional. But yeah, there are going to be games that will not work without the XM.

No a little flustered I dont have my xm yet. I see your always searching for prosystem info. Try using search and type prosystem.

...simple comparison to the 32X.

They compare quite differently in what they provide to their respective system ;) :

Sega 32X - Adds two 32-bit RISC processors with a new 3D GPU to the 16-bit Sega Genesis.

7800 XM - Conglomerate of cartridge based hardware additions/functions; the 6502C processor @1.19-1.79MHz and default MARIA graphics of the 7800 remains the same.

Noteworthy too is the XM pales in comparison to the quantity and scope of hardware enhancements that Nintendo provided for the NES. Without them, only ~10% of the entire library of games would run on the base hardware alone.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A) When I have labels printed

B) When manuals are printed

C) When a limited number of boxes for each game are printed

D) When I have enough 7800 cart shells, which I certainly do not right now.

I'm working on a large order for A) and B) above, just waiting on a few more assets for other new games to be completed. This is the same situation with the boxes. As for D, well, that's a more difficult problem. I've started talking to some knowledgable people about getting AtariAge 2600/7800 cartridge shells made.

..Al

Albert--Will non boxed versions be sold of all the games (stupid q I bet but you know what they say about assuming...)? If so, will they be simultaneously for sale or are you going to want to sell out the boxed ones first? I really have no interest in paying for a box (beautiful as they are) but have great interest in getting the games (Astro Blaster especially) themselves.

I just bought a 7800 lot to get Dark Chambers at a decent price, which also allowed me to replace my defective Asteroids cart and get a picture label PP2 as opposed to the white label (why that mattered to me I dunno). Plus it had a Choplifter dup in the lot. As soon as I receive them I'll have 3 extra 7800 shells if you want them. I am happy to drop them in the mail for you gratis, they are of no worth to me, just lmk.

Also (said firmly tongue in cheek) if you could get these out sometime by around late July so I can sell the purchases to the wife as a birthday present for myself, that would be swell. :lolblue:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Haha. This is true, though it's philosophically along the lines of 1980s cartridge enhancements. It doesn't give the 7800 new twin processors or video hardware to try and make the 7800 a 16-bit system.