IGNORED

Building the master play circut. Help?

Video

Ok, I've finely gotten info on how to build the master play circut to allow you to use a digital controller on the 5200. But I'm having a lot of problems finding the parts.

The list calls for

2 4052 8-to-2 analog switches

4 10kohm resistors

1 9pin male Dsub connector

1 male 15pin Dsub connector

1 female 15pin Dsub connector.

I've tried Radioshack online (unfortunately, the only place I know of) and they don't have a lot of the stuff, or I don't know where to start looking. I did find some 15 pin connectors, but they're high density connectors like the Jaguar.

What sites can I get this stuff from? I'd prefer a all in one site that I can get it all at once from (cheaper shipping that way)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rob is right, an electronic store should have this stuff around.

And you will actually need six of the 10k resistors plus two 250k and

two 500k resistors. Instead of a Din-15 female connector, just buy

a Din-15 extension cable and cut off one end (can't use a 5200

controller cable, no 5v line).

John

Is there no online source for these parts?

Unfortunately, I live in a crappy little town of only something like 15,000 people. The closest thing to an electronics store we have is Radio Shack, and unfrortunately (even from my limited experiance) they are the worst place to buy stuff from you can imagine, as well as most expensive.

We have no hobbie shop either. So I can't try anything like that.

Well, thanks. I'll check out best electronics, and if I can't find th stuff there, then I can get Rob Mitchell to order the parts for me.

Hey, thanks. I'll check those. I already checked digikey though, unfortunately, I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for (and not the analog switch at all)

I found a place with analog switches, but they didn't provide the pinouts, and I'm not going to pay $30 for a hundred chips to see if it's the right thing (though it did match the 4052 # and was a 16 pin chip like the one described in the bluepritns)

I already checked digikey though, unfortunately, I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for (and not the analog switch at all)  

I found a place with analog switches, but they didn't provide the pinouts

Here's how I did it, maybe it will help you for next time:

www.digikey.com

part search: 4052

click on: IC Decoders

select part type: 16 pin DIP (hobbyists always use dips)

the top one, CD4052 is what you want. A couple more clicks

takes you to a datasheet with pinouts.

John

Cool. I figured it wasn't that they didn't have it, more that I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for (someone told me that chip was CMOS or something, whatever that is, and I couldn't find it there either)

Cool, Idea Rob....I'll probably do that, I'm just working on one as a self centered and conceted expiriment. But if I can get it to run, My friends want me to build some for them also. : I'm not sure if that's good or bad :D