IGNORED

Can any of u program games for other consoles?

A2600

i've gonen through tutorials on nes, sega saturn , gameboy and gameboy advance and neo goe pocket but i havn't put anything together yet but it isn't that hard and realyl if you can program on a system like atari 2600 and be able to make a fun game then you should be able to on any system

As a kid I wrote several "homebrew" Commodore 64 games in BASIC, but even if I could get my system set up and a working disk drive running (and the disk they're on is not corrupted) I doubt anyone would be much interested. I'd call them primitive at best. All used ASCII characters as the sprites (my art skills stink).

I'm currently working on a synthesizer cartridge for the Commodore 64.  A lot of the computers/systems from that era are 65xx based, making it easy to transition from one platform to another.

-Paul

My dad and I actually built a C-64 voice synthesizer from instructions in Ahoy! or Compute's Gazette (I can't remember which) and parts you could buy at Radio Shack. I even programmed voice into a few of my homebrew games with it (usually simple phrases like "game over"). It's amazing what that ol' Commodore could do. :)

Because I am looking for someone to program a game for the Entertainment Computer System (ECS) along with the Music Sythesizer for the intellivision that allows you to play any musical note like a piano no like Melody Blaster, Instead of playing the programmed tunes you play what ever the f**k you want.. like the Atari Jingle

Questions Comments?

• 1 month later...

Hello I just finished a cartridge for the Coleco Vision that turns it into a drum machine/sequencer. I was inspired by Paul Slocum's Synthcart and my love for the Coleco Vision. Also, I am a drummer and musician and I want to have a song where all I use is old Video Game Computers. Since you can write stuff in C on the Coleco Vision, it wasn't that hard for me to do. :D

If you want to try out a demo of it check it out at this site:

CVDRUM Drum Machine

I am looking at released the full ROM on cartridge and then making the ROM, and possibly the source code public. Let me know what you guys think of the demo.

A manual is on the site for the use of the program. If you have questions contact me.

• 2 months later...
My dad and I actually built a C-64 voice synthesizer from instructions in Ahoy! or Compute's Gazette (I can't remember which) and parts you could buy at Radio Shack.
It could do voice w/out hardware too - ever see SAM(Software Automatic Mouth)? check here

It could do voice w/out hardware too - ever see SAM(Software Automatic Mouth)?  check here

Our beloved Atari 8-bits have SAM for them as well... my first introduction to SAM was at school -- we had a lab of Atari 800s with 810s, and one of the activities dealt with playing a game using SAM. This was before I understood much about the Atari, and I ended up spending that night trying to get my little Atari 400 to talk :D But, hey, it isn't as bad as it sounds -- we had a TI-99/4A with the speech module, so I didn't think it was out of the ordinary that the much better Atari could talk without anything extra. Of course, I figured out quickly what happened :)

If I'd ever learned anything more impressive than BASIC....

But I've done Basic stuff for

Timex Sinclair 1000

C64

Aquarius

PC (QuickBasic)

Mostly ASCII characters and beeps. But I set up the 64 again to teach myself assembly.

:lol: I just remembered something naughty I did when I was in junior high. I took a hole punch to one of those educational software disks and made a notch so I could format the flipside, then put a bunch of homemade BASIC games on it. Nothing too complex really, one was just a "high-low" guessing game that gave you something like 5 turns (1 to 100 in multiples of 10 were the possibilities). I wonder if there's still an Apple IIe and a bunch of disks in storage somewhere at South Hamilton with a bunch of "designed by S Juon" games on the flipside that nobody knows about. :D :D :D

:lol: I just remembered something naughty I did when I was in junior high.  I took a hole punch to one of those educational software disks and made a notch so I could format the flipside, then put a bunch of homemade BASIC games on it.  Nothing too complex really, one was just a "high-low" guessing game that gave you something like 5 turns (1 to 100 in multiples of 10 were the possibilities).  I wonder if there's still an Apple IIe and a bunch of disks in storage somewhere at South Hamilton with a bunch of "designed by S Juon" games on the flipside that nobody knows about. :D :D :D

AMAZINGLY in Rockway Middle (Miami, FL) back in 1999 they taught us some programming on some Apple II's but I wnt back this year and they didn't have them anymore!!!! But yes we used to create images out of a basic programming disk!!! TOO Bad they arenot there If I remember correctly they had 36 Apple II's each with 2 DD's and the Teacher that taught the class also studies there and she says that they originally had Atari 800's. I wonder what made them change to Apples?? (GAMES GAMESGAMES)

• 4 weeks later...