IGNORED

ebay help. international shipping?

Rev

Ok, I just sold an item on ebay. I had listed it as USA only, but some guy won it from Austria. I guess im ok with that, but I'd rather not send out of the USA. The item sold for a good price, so, I was going to complete transaction with him.

I had listed the item as "free shipping" to USA buyer. It has been a while since I shipped out of USA.

SO, i just tried to send the buyer an invoice, and I get this message:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Send Invoice to Buyer s.gif

s.gifs.gifs.gifwarning_39x35.gifyou can't send invoice for this order

The item(s) will ship using the Global Shipping Program. As part of the program, buyer directly pays international shipping and import charges to the third-party shipping provider. The buyer will still be able to complete checkout even if you don't send an invoice.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ok, what in the world is this?

Im not about to send this to Austria for free, and what is all these third party fees?

The buyer can still complete even though I dont send invoice?

What has happenned to Ebay?

Edited by revolutionika

I tried to contact the buyer, and I get this ebay message. where was I when these changes were made? What a hassle to sell out of the country. I have to send to some shipping center? How much is all this going to cost now? Do any of you guys ship out of the USA?

Is this part of "BIG BROTHER" watching all we do? This wreaks of illegal searching......

"the designated shipping center" "will be handled for you" We cant be responsible for boxing up out own video game items now? LOL What the F? 1984 anyone?

• Does your buyer have a payment question? Send an invoice to save time and ensure that your buyer's payment information is accurate. You may also include a personal message to your buyer.
  • The user you are contacting is registered on another eBay site and may speak a different language. Your message will be sent exactly as typed below.
  • If this item sells to an international buyer through the Global Shipping Program, ship to the designated US shipping center, where customs forms, import charges, and international shipping will be handled for you.
Edited by revolutionika

ok, ive done some research. I had to "opt out" of this international shipping program. I also went into setting and changed selling preferences to NOT sell to anyone out of my country.

I hope it works for future auctions.

But as for this auction, I cant send an invoice....it wont let me!

But I DID send the buyer a message and asked him what he wants to do and tols him of the extra charges and free shipping only applied to USA buyers.

I've ordered with ebay sellers supporting Global Shipping Program, with this service, the seller ships it to a local eBay distribution service that in turns ships it to customer.

If the customer put you the Paypal payment, you've already received your money, and he/she has also paid to eBay shipping service (mine says Pitney-Bowes everytime)

You should print using eBay a label generated automatically that points to this local eBay distribution service and ship your package to it. (the third point of your post #2)

Additional note: this eBay service is pretty expensive for buyer but very safe and fast! I use it when I'm going to buy at least US$50 of products or at least three items, because typically the price is $28.

So you really should support it, who knows? maybe next time I could buy something from you :)

• Like 1

Some people swear by the Global Shipping Program. Some people swear at it. The biggest complaint I seen is that Pitney-Bowes will sometime unpack the item and repack in a new box with wimpy packing material, resulting the the buyer receiving a severely damaged item. The seller left taking the blame with no real recourse (even though it wasn't the seller's fault). I've never used it as seller or buyer so I can't confirm this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijmdVlQ36-w

I've sold dozens of items using the GSP. I've pretty much stopped and switched over to First Class Mail International, though -- much less expensive for the buyer, and pretty reliable.

Anyway, once the buyer pays, you'll print off your shipping label, and it will have an address in Kentucky on it. The processing center in KY will ship it to Austria for you. Sometimes they repack stuff, sometimes they don't. Not a bad idea to take photos of how you've packed the item and send them to the buyer just in case the processing center repacks it poorly and there is damage.