IGNORED

Who's going to SRGE (Seattle)?

Lathe26

Just so you don't end up waiting an hour too early, the early entry time is 9am with 10am being general admission.

That said, last year I was just an attendee and arrived there between 8am and 8:30am so that I would be near the front of the line at 9am when doors opened for the early birds.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a great time at the SRGE. I saw Paul at the show. Picked up a 600XL from him with 64K upgrade and s-video upgrade. He had a nice booth set up. Also got 4 Jaguar games for a great price. Got some other goodies but that was the best stuff. I wasn't feeling well so we didn't stay as long as we wanted but still had a good time. Portland is next!

ravard

Edited by ravard

I also met the guys from Crazy Viking Studios. They have a game on Steam called Volgarr the Viking. It's a fun retro platformer ala Ghosts and Goblins. It's on sale right now on Steam for $6. Highly recommended.

ravard

Edited by ravard

@Lathe26: I did. You were the first table walking into the vendor room right? Wish I had known you were a fellow AAer I would have chatted more. I hope you had a great day.

ravard

That's ok. Things are going pretty good on my end. Having been on both sides of the vending table, I know how hectic things get (especially with the early part of the first day).

Did you get a good haul?

How was today Lathe?

Saturday went well. The sales were mostly the expensive stuff that was either sealed, CIB, or just a rare loose cart. However, my most expensive item, the Int'l Demo cart, is still for sale (wink, wink). What was entertaining was how many people stopped to look at Burgertime and Kool-Aid Man. I had no less then 15 people stop and pick up Kool-Aid Man and go "Oh my god...". It was quite the conversation piece. Eventually a collector bought it. Don't worry, I wasn't going to let it get sold to a doe-eyed brand new Intellivision fan without a warning about how 'playable' it is (or rather isn't).

I also got a lot of compliments on my labeling system. Each game was in their own ziplock bag so that the price tag was on the bag (not on the box on manual). Each price tag also has check-boxes for what is in the ziplock bag so you know what's already in there. Of course, I had signs out saying it's ok to open the bags and inspect the items, though few felt that necessary. The buyers seemed to appreciate this labeling a lot, especially that they didn't have to dig for a box, then look in a pile of loose carts, then look through a lame stack of overlays paper-clipped together (I cringe and twitch when I see that, ow). Others were happy that the Intellivision games were all on a table and not in box on the floor (Intellivision Kneepads anyone?). Some were just happy to see so many Intellivision games together in one place and had never seen such a large collection for sale.

Sunday is going to start in couple hours. I'm hoping today I'll get more bargain hunters and new Intellivision folks who are interested in my unboxed games (i.e. only having cart + manual + overlays still means you get lot's of fun out of them).

@Lathe26:

Yes I got some goodies. My 600XL with 64K and s-video is my cool buy. I am happy. What sucks is the last of my money was used to purchase an Intellivision! Now I need you. Hahaha. I got the Intellivision with speech module and 5 games for $30. So I now am an intellivision owner. I love all the old hardware so I want to eventually have one of each. I hope you are at the Portland show or SRGE next year. And you did have one of the tidiest booths at the show. There was a lot of loose cart chaos. I really can't believe that there wasn't some thievery going on.

ravard

Edited by ravard

Saturday went well. The sales were mostly the expensive stuff that was either sealed, CIB, or just a rare loose cart. However, my most expensive item, the Int'l Demo cart, is still for sale (wink, wink). What was entertaining was how many people stopped to look at Burgertime and Kool-Aid Man. I had no less then 15 people stop and pick up Kool-Aid Man and go "Oh my god...". It was quite the conversation piece. Eventually a collector bought it. Don't worry, I wasn't going to let it get sold to a doe-eyed brand new Intellivision fan without a warning about how 'playable' it is (or rather isn't).

I also got a lot of compliments on my labeling system. Each game was in their own ziplock bag so that the price tag was on the bag (not on the box on manual). Each price tag also has check-boxes for what is in the ziplock bag so you know what's already in there. Of course, I had signs out saying it's ok to open the bags and inspect the items, though few felt that necessary. The buyers seemed to appreciate this labeling a lot, especially that they didn't have to dig for a box, then look in a pile of loose carts, then look through a lame stack of overlays paper-clipped together (I cringe and twitch when I see that, ow). Others were happy that the Intellivision games were all on a table and not in box on the floor (Intellivision Kneepads anyone?). Some were just happy to see so many Intellivision games together in one place and had never seen such a large collection for sale.

Sunday is going to start in couple hours. I'm hoping today I'll get more bargain hunters and new Intellivision folks who are interested in my unboxed games (i.e. only having cart + manual + overlays still means you get lot's of fun out of them).

Glad to hear it went well. Did the Demo cart get sold today?

Glad to hear it went well. Did the Demo cart get sold today?

Surprisingly, no. The international demo cart was a great conversation piece with a lot of people, especially for a few folks who hail from Europe. However, the right buyer didn't come by. However, about 1/2 of the display case of expensive items was emptied which was pretty nice.

On the other end of the spectrum... What was really cool was meeting someone who absolutely loves the game Carnival (though not a game I care for). She had shared some wonderful childhood memories of it. She even bought the game (I never expected to sell it).

Overall, my throat is sore and scratchy, my legs are tired, and I had a wonderful time.

@Lathe26:

Yes I got some goodies. My 600XL with 64K and s-video is my cool buy. I am happy. What sucks is the last of my money was used to purchase an Intellivision! Now I need you. Hahaha. I got the Intellivision with speech module and 5 games for $30. So I now am an intellivision owner. I love all the old hardware so I want to eventually have one of each. I hope you are at the Portland show or SRGE next year. And you did have one of the tidiest booths at the show. There was a lot of loose cart chaos. I really can't believe that there wasn't some thievery going on.

ravard

Thanks a lot. I really worked hard to make buying Intellivision games a better experience at retro expos (some vendors treat Intellivision games good, others don't).

You will see me at PRGE and SRGE next year. However, I plan to only be an attendee. This was planned from the beginning to be my only time as a vendor of Intellivision games. I had a great time. However in my heart, I'm just a collector who needed to get rid of his overstock and SRGE was a big help in that for me. I'll be carefully selling or trading the handful of remaining expensive items here and there, but the rest of my extras will soon be sold in bulk either to a local reseller or on eBay.

... some vendors treat Intellivision games good...

I should add that I did see some of the vendors at SRGE also treat their Intellivision games pretty good (ex: I liked y-bot's display case with Stadium Mud Buggies, Congo Bongo, and Turbo carts). I've seen a higher occurrence of the "the games are in a junk bin under the table" at other retro expos.