IGNORED

Pouet.Net now supports Atari XL/XE!!

twh/f2

Howdy *.*!

After a long time the probably biggest demo archive "Poeut.Net" supports Atari XL/XE. At least, there is now an atari xl/xe-entry on the platform-list available. This means for us: let's submit some of the best demos with screenshots, comments, download links etc.

Then, the demoscene beyond 8-bit atari will perhaps notice that there is still some acitivity (eg. Numen/TQA) which is at least interesting enough to be emulated on a trusty pc...

So my call to you: let's create download-space and submit as much titles as you can!!

http://www.pouet.net

Are there enough Demos and Musix, to put there?

Ok. Numen is in Graphics unbeatable by any ohter 8-Bit Homecomputers.

In the SAP Archive I found about 20 Songs (from more than 1600), that are worth for Demo-Scene Level.

Most Songs are silly made(beep...beep...chrang). Even the Game Musix by Rob Hubbard. Shame on them.

As an ATARI-Freak you don't have to see, how good a XL-Song sounds, but you have to recognize how a neutral Listener and viewer reacts....

Most Demos on XL/XE are converted/ripped Pictures reduced to 4 colors and ripped musix too.

Please remember: It is not only a fault of the "old" Hardware of the ATARIS, the software gives it the rest ....

Animated Demographics could have been done in mixed modes with up to 64 colors without big CPU Time, even could have been the sounding standard in a Level between C64 and AMIGA without big CPU-Usage too.

I would say: Let's make a list of Demos, Musix etc. of REALLY good XL/XE Stuff for pouet.net before putting them....

I would say: Let's make a list of Demos, Musix etc. of REALLY good  XL/XE Stuff for pouet.net before putting them....

yes this is a good idea:

here is my list, I want to see on pouet:

*Numen

*Drunk Chessboard

*Bitter Reality

*Cool Emotion

*Das Omen

*Ergo Bibamus

*Endless Dream

*Igor

*Isolation

*Joyride

*Overmind

*Pacem in Terris

*Ray of Hope

*Rotten Juice

*Sheol

*Slideshit

*Sweet Illusions

*The Asskicker's

*Timeless Announcement

*Timekeeper

*Total Daze

*Top 3 Demo

*Trip 6

*Voice of Silence (1,2,3)

*Vengeance

*Vent

*Visdom Demo

*X-Demo

What we have to do ist to make various screenshot's and find a place for a stable downloading from poeut. At of course, comment it our self :-)

• 2 weeks later...