IGNORED

Miner 2049er - good or not?

Mister VCS

Same with the Colecovision version, that rocked! :D

Hell Yeah! The CV version is my favorite version followed by the 5200. It was definetely ambitious to try it on the VCS but the result isn't that good.

Heh, yeah, I've never had a Coleco myself, but a friend had one, and after he spent the night once and left it to be picked up later that day (or sometime during the week), since I'm sooooo good at games in general, I found out that it had an 11th screen, which he was never able to get to himself! Couldn't get past it though...

Hey, cool new animated avatar too!

I don't mind the slow as much as I mind the weak jumps and poor collision detection, making clearing those mutant pigs almost impossible. Other than that, I actually LOVE the game. I still cannot get the hang of the cannons on level 3... :sad:

:thumbsup: :spidey:

Ill also throw in the jumping issue with mutants - For th 2600 it was a good college try - As others have said the other version are much much better.

Miner II has some better boards IMHO - a bit more challenging

I wouldnt spend big bucks getting either one (except II is rare which I have ;) )

Miner II has some better boards IMHO - a bit more challenging

I wouldnt spend big bucks getting either one (except II is rare which I have ;) )

That about sums it up..all the rare games are so crappy.2600 versions of Miner I&II and Springer are all very difficult.

I don't mind the slow as much as I mind the weak jumps and poor collision detection, making clearing those mutant pigs almost impossible.

I agree with the terrible collision detection, but the slowness is annoying to me (game tip: keep the jump button pressed and leap from place to place when you need to cover large distances, you'll move much faster). What really bugs me is the sound. The sound effects are irritating, but mercifully, the music only plays before the game, not during it. I think I'd go insane if the music kept going.

I don't know if I ever cleared all three screens in both games or not. I think I just got fed up with the game and stopped playing it. (Why I ever bought Miner 2049er II remains a mystery. I suppose I was hoping it would be better. Plus, it may have been a "game of the month" from the Columbia Video Game Club.)

I never played any other version of it than the 2600's. I still have the Electronic Games article about Miner 2049er, and what a huge event it was back when it came out. I suppose that's why I bought the game, otherwise I never would have given it a second glance.

At least it's not nearly as bad as Quest for Quintana Roo. Now there's a real stinker.

Thank goodness I never got the chance to own an actual copy of the 2600 Miner 2049er game (or even its sequel). It makes 2600 Donkey Kong look even more polished by comparison. I did, however, own the ColecoVision version, and while it was entertaining, it was also challenging to the point of being annoying; it had no level select cheat that could be activated like the Atari 5200 and home computer versions did.

I wasn't aware there was a Miner 2049r I for the Atari, I never saw a copy of anything but II, I always assumed he first one was on a different system.

I didn't like Miner 2049er vol II because I never did figure out what exactly it was I was supposed to be doing. I acceddently finished the first level once, and never played the game again after that.